Callaway adapter tip question

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering I found a good deal on eBay for an adapter tip for a new shaft and just want to confirm something. The adapter tip from callaway big bertha 815, is the same tip that is in all of the drivers since then correct? XR16? Rogue? Epic? All of those are the same adapter tip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering I found a good deal on eBay for an adapter tip for a new shaft and just want to confirm something. The adapter tip from callaway big bertha 815, is the same tip that is in all of the drivers since then correct? XR16? Rogue? Epic? All of those are the same adapter tip?

I ask, because the description references the big Bertha 815, but it looks like it’s the right adapter.IMG_1078.JPG

Everything 815 to now has the same adaptor. The stuff from 2014, the Big Bertha Alpha and such, had a faulty tip that would break off and they fixed it.

That being said, they all fit. Only one to watch out for is the single cog RFE.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Everything 815 to now has the same adaptor. The stuff from 2014, the Big Bertha Alpha and such, had a faulty tip that would break off and they fixed it.

That being said, they all fit. Only one to watch out for is the single cog RFE.

So are the ones in the picture good? What is single cog RFE?

So are the ones in the picture good? What is single cog RFE?
Single cog is from the Razr Fit (Extreme) line. Looks like pictured. Avoid that..

Your choice of adaptor there is going to work, but I'd try and find one that is OEM authentic that will actually work. It's possible this one may have working cogs that give you the correct adjustments but no guarantees.
8e2768a572f01bf3a065d5486c14576e.jpg

I had the same question, so I called Callaway.
Look for the double cog as mentioned above.
I went with the ebay Optifit 2 adapters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If the adapter comes with the screw you know it’s not Callaway oem/authentic. Not to say aftermarket is bad but I would buy one at least from a domestic seller like DiamondTour Golf or Hireko Golf.
eBay has too many international knock offs.

I've used the aftermarket ones like those you posted many times with no issues. Erock is right though, if you want authentic then those or GolfWorks will be your best bet.

Back