Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I grabbed some yellow CTX for myself and some of the new CS True Track for @BB Fan Girl to try.
CT.jpg

Another sleeve of CT X just showed up at my door, courtesy of Callaway. Can’t turn down free balls, LOL.

How would you compare spin on full swing approach shots into greens?
I'll pretty much echo what @Mmaynard11 said above - a little more spin and holding power into the greens on those shots. It's not a dramatic difference IMO, but there is a difference. Also, the new CS is an improvement over the previous CS, but the CT outperforms them both in that regard.

Par 3 with the Chrome Tour. Played it some to good effect, obviously. I do like the feel of it and it's good in the wind. I'll probably play through what I have and call that good though. I think. It's definitely a little different than I'm used to and I have to adjust some yardages and expected flights. It'll be the X unless something changes with me.

Hitting some shots tonight with the Chrome Tour and Chrome Soft 22. While not as soft as the CS the Chrome Tour is much softer than its predecessor and feels good enough for me to play if it works otherwise.

Was watching LIV golf this last weekend and saw Patrick Reed using a Callaway ball. I would assume its the CTX, but since he's not a staffer, thought it was cool (even if it is P. Reed. lol).
I remember hearing that as well. They said that he made a point about wanting more spin and control with his ball.

Ordered a dozen of standard yellow CTX with some reward points! I know I have a dozen of CTX already on the way from the Grandaddy but I wanted some yellow too. Now I'll have three dozen of CT and two dozen CTX for the season!

So I'm curious has anyone played the Chrome tour x vs the pro v1x? If so how does it compare? Is it comparable?
CTX spins more through the mid to short end of the bag for me. Consistently.

I've definitely gotta try out the Chrome Tour and Chrome Tour X this year. Have really liked the previous gen balls, and really like what I'm hearing from these.

I decided to brave the wind and rain yesterday to get a full sense of how these play when things get less than ideal.

Only the 6 hole course was open, which was fine as it is a little different and still offers many good challenges.

Straight to the point - Callaway has done something really special with these.

I was the only one on the course and able to hit all sorts of shots minus bunkers (they are in awful condition).

Ball flights - very consistent and I loved seeing shots come out of consistent windows with both my irons and wedges.

Spin - not a ton in it between the two. However I am leaving towards the feel of the Chrome Tour vs the X. For me, it just feels a touch better. Both feel excellent and that firm feel I first had seems to be gone away, but they are just really solid feeling without being hard.

When I went back to the VPP or AVX for comparison they both felt very soft.

I also had golf spin even with them being wet. No real jumpers or balls that did something stupid.

Of course much more to do and before I finish up the most important part... I did not loose a ball! The course is tricky this time of year and a lot of spots where balls can easily go missing.

Driver - not going to note much here. Just not the conditions to get a lot of value.

All were found and returned safely back to the bag.

Other 3 dozen I ordered came in yesterday!

New packaging in the CS looks great! It looks more premium honestly. Kind of like looking at it. The ball is definitely brighter. My 10 y/o noticed it as soon as he opened the box without doing a side by side.

He rolled it outside on our putting green and said it sounded nice off the putter and felt soft, better than his old CS golf balls (He’s a future THPer 😂)

Here’s a few pictures. You be able to tell which is a 22 CS TruTrack and which is the 24 CS TruTrack. The 22 CS ball is 3 weeks old and never been out of the box…

IMG_1269.jpeg

IMG_1270.jpeg
IMG_1271.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg
IMG_1273.jpeg
IMG_1275.jpeg

Last edited:
New packaging in the CS looks great! It looks more premium honestly. Kind of like looking at it. The ball is definitely brighter. My 10 y/o noticed it as soon as he opened the box without doing a side by side.

He rolled it outside on our putting green and said it sounded nice off the putter and felt soft, better than his old CS golf balls (He’s a future THPer 😂)

Here’s a few pictures. You be able to tell which is a 22 CS TruTrack and which is the 24 CS TruTrack. The 22 CS ball is 3 weeks old and never been out of the box…

View attachment 9241239

View attachment 9241240
View attachment 9241242

View attachment 9241244
View attachment 9241245
View attachment 9241246

We did blind testing first with these golf balls and the ‘22 CS TruTrack before he knew that his new ones came in. My son could tell the difference in the golf balls in how they sounded, felt and rolled off the putter face. He always picked the ‘24 CS. He thought it was brighter and nicer looking too. He asked if it was new.

We came in and I let him open the 2nd box and he said the new ball was brighter as previously stated.

I was amazed he could honestly tell the difference in performance, sound and feel in a blind test not knowing that he was putting with 2 different versions of the same ball!

Alright. I’m finally getting some opportunities to test out the Chrome Tour. I recently picked up a second job at a sim spot in Pittsburgh. Really cool place. And, of course, some serious access to Trackman.

The Grandaddy bag and clubs are quite the conversation piece, by the way. I’ve gone through the story countless times already and it never gets old.

The bays at this spot use Chrome Soft’s. Makes for some useful testing.

My buddy was trying the Smoke 7 iron. Hitting it really well. He’s a big hitter and the shaft was too light for him but he still was nuking it. Seeing ball speeds around 123-124 with the Chrome Soft. Carry in the upper 170’s.

I tossed down a Chrome Tour and said here, try this. Was curious now that he was grooving it just how big of a difference we’d see.

IMG_1842.jpeg

First swing. 130 ball speed, carry ended up almost 190. Huge damn numbers (shoutout to the bag looking beautiful there). He stayed in the 127-130 ball speed range just with a switch from Chrome Soft to Chrome Tour.

It was really neat to see an instant jump like that. The Chrome Soft is great. The Chrome Tour obviously creates some serious jumps in ball speed and carry.

The Chrome Tour has a really nice feel throughout the bag but spin may still be too high for me. Testing continues...

Though I still have several dozen boxes of CSX-LS I've started testing the Chrome Tour and think I'm in love!!

I have two dozen truvis CTs on the way but got back from chipping and putting to find Callaway sent me a sleeve of white CTs to test out! Thought that was pretty cool. Will definitely take them next time I go to practice. If I can manage to find some sim time, these will definitely be going with me to see the difference from the Chrome Softs.

Played yesterday and switched from the csx LS to the ct when I hit my drive in the water on hole 7. And played them all 18 in today’s round. The CT fits exactly what I was hoping it would. Similar flight profile to the LS off the driver but better spin than the LS in the short game. Will try the CTX once I lose this box of CT (won’t be long knowing me)

View attachment 9241239

View attachment 9241240
View attachment 9241242

View attachment 9241244
View attachment 9241245
View attachment 9241246
The new white is spectacular

After testing the Chrome Tour and the Chrome Tour X, I finally got a chance to hit some of the New Chrome Soft golf balls over this past weekend. I thought for sure I would be all for the Chrome Soft but the Chrome Tour felt better for my swing and the performance was excellent or all I could ask for. So it’s Chrome Tour for me.

The new white is spectacular
It's enough of a difference that if 2 or 3 of us hit balls into the same area, I can usually tell which one is mine from a distance before we even get to them because the white is so much brighter.

Picked up dozen of CT and CTX. I rotate the ball between each hole.

The CT is the real winner for me, that ball is wonderful. Got to the last hole, water is way to the left, and of course I snap hook it. It was the only worse drive I had all day.

Durable is good too, hit a bunch of wedge shots and took one bad kick into the cart path = ball made out / wash out fine. CT was yellow Truvis and CTX white Truvis. Lol if anyone wanna trade some CT for 11 unused CTX ball, hit me up.

View attachment 9241239

View attachment 9241240
View attachment 9241242

View attachment 9241244
View attachment 9241245
View attachment 9241246
Tru Track look fantastic! I need to order a few dozen of my favorite version of this launch for my SIM. I definitely can tell the difference from the CT or CS versus other brands when grabbing from my den caddy.

Back