Callaway Epic Forged Star

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A buddy just bought a set of these yesterday. 7-SW. interesting setup. Ultralight shafts and very strong lofts. The 7 iron is 26 degrees. No wonder he was hitting it 20 yds further than his current set and 25 yds further than a TM P790 with steel shaft. I told him my Srixon ZX5 7 iron is 5 degrees weaker loft than his Epic Forged Star 7 iron. Anyone gaming the Epic Forged Star irons?

They were released for the JDM if I’m not mistaken. I struggle with fairway woods and looked at them for a bit but they’re still more than I want to spend on a club without hitting one.

They were released for the JDM if I’m not mistaken. I struggle with fairway woods and looked at them for a bit but they’re still more than I want to spend on a club without hitting one.
He paid $999 plus tax for 7-SW.

Incoming:

Picked up a brand new set sold as "Outlet" on CPO 5-GW.
Figured with the 90 day buyback, I'd take the risk if they don't work out.
Got them with the Zelos 7 stiff shafts.

1626875750232.png

For you Loft Peepers:
1626875888723.png
C9 swingweight......

Those are superlight! Wow. It's interesting with better materials shaft makers can make ultralight shafts (both iron and graphite) that still have like stiff flexes

So got these irons in on Friday and put them straight into play this weekend with the Granddady guys at Cog Hill this weekend. Put Shot Scope tags in them and looked at the results. Real please with the distances Think @RealPretendPsychic & @Afizzle2100 will attest to my play with them. Wish they were just a little softer in the flex however I think once I get them regipped they’ll be a a better fit and feel.

So got these irons in on Friday and put them straight into play this weekend with the Granddady guys at Cog Hill this weekend. Put Shot Scope tags in them and looked at the results. Real please with the distances Think @RealPretendPsychic & @Afizzle2100 will attest to my play with them. Wish they were just a little softer in the flex however I think once I get them regipped they’ll be a a better fit and feel.
Those irons are going to be weapons! They are already damn consistent and launched great. Looking forward to seeing how you swing them after they’ve been in the bag for more than 24 hours!

Incoming:

Picked up a brand new set sold as "Outlet" on CPO 5-GW.
Figured with the 90 day buyback, I'd take the risk if they don't work out.
Got them with the Zelos 7 stiff shafts.

View attachment 9017765

For you Loft Peepers:
View attachment 9017766
C9 swingweight......

Just wanted to update my posting on these irons since the new *Star* version is out.
I had the 5i, AW,GW & SW re-shafted with the Zelos 7 stiff shafts and had Oversized Sonar Grips put on all of them.
Swingweight now - C3 - Yep - Confirmed C3. I'm in BDC territory with his Jumbo Max Grips.
I just like lighter Counter Balanced Clubs I guess.

I really like this set and I'm hitting them better that the T400 I was "Bagging"
When I strike them right, they go.
Really picked up great bargain on CPO for these - Less than $800 for the 6-PW - Brand New....

Back