Callaway ERC Soft Golf Ball

Phil liked the alignment lines so much , he had them put them on the Chrome Soft X for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s got triple track on his CS.

If they put the Chrome Soft X out to retail with the Triple Track I think I'd be all over that. It's one of the things I'm most excited about trying this spring on the course on short putts.

Phil liked the alignment lines so much , he had them put them on the Chrome Soft X for him...

Are there alignment stensils out there that are similar?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If they put the Chrome Soft X out to retail with the Triple Track I think I'd be all over that. It's one of the things I'm most excited about trying this spring on the course on short putts.
One of the days this past weekend I wasn’t making anything with my normal approach to putting (going over an intermediate target) so I switched to using the triple track and drained my next two putts from like 12 and 15 feet.

One of the days this past weekend I wasn’t making anything with my normal approach to putting (going over an intermediate target) so I switched to using the triple track and drained my next two putts from like 12 and 15 feet.

That's awesome Frank. My putting from 4 feet and in is absolutely horrendous (too many putts) and I'm thinking this might really help me.

Are there alignment stensils out there that are similar?

There are other alignment aids out there that you could use that are similar...

There are other alignment aids out there that you could use that are similar...
That’s at least part of the million dollar question, whether the single line stencil in one color and size is the same.

I'm playing the ERC exclusively my next round or two. So far it's been a fantastic ball in wetter, softer conditions. I love the way it feels off the face of literally every club and it still checks up on soft greens. I'm looking forward to putting it some full round testing.
I played this ball at The Hideaway the first day and it performed really well. I am really interested in seeing how it performs in warm summer weather. I'm pretty sure it will be just as good if not better than what we are seeing now. Gonna pick up some more of these 2/8 when they are available in stores.

That’s at least part of the million dollar question, whether the single line stencil in one color and size is the same.

There are 3 line alignment stencils out there, but it’s a lot of work... I’d prefer it this way already on the ball.

I was thinking the same thing, and then wondered if that would take away from the ERC. My guess is we don’t see the addition for a couple of years. Just like Callaway hasn’t offered the Truvis outside of the CS. The ERC could be Callaway’s only ball with the triple track.

Thanks for everyones opinions on the ERC Soft Ball. I have said it a few times in here and understand many of the thoughts.

I think what is most important is to get some and try for yourself to formulate an opinion.
Are there golf balls who are cheaper out there? For Sure.
Is a golf ball perform better if it has a Urethane cover? Absolutely not.
Do more layers make a golf ball better? Not necessarily.

The ball is priced where it is based on the total performance of the ball. It may be too expensive to some and some may be more interested in price than performance, that is an individual decision. One last thing I will add is about R&D and Manufacturing. There are not many companies that do this all on their own and spend dedicated money to their own R&D without buying off the shelf models that may or may not be VERY similar to someone else's ball with a different logo on it. We are very committed to R&D and spend significantly against developing extremely high performing products. And also keep in mind that every Chrome Soft and ERC Soft Golf Ball we make is made in the US at our plant in Chicopee, MA to the highest of quality and consistency, this is an important part of the story as well.

Again, thanks for all your feedback on the product.
Thank you Jason for showing both sides of the sword here and this goes back to what @KEV said about Callaway. You guys dont force your product down someone's throat to skew them. You let it do the talking for itself and all you ask of your customers or non customers is to give it a try and see for yourself.
We always appreciate you stopping by, Jason. And I know many of us love and appreciate the "Made in USA" part of the story.
I absolutely do! Too many things now a days are not made here in America but being in the Navy I wholeheartedly support businesses that make their products right here in the ol' US of A. MURICA!!

One color will not work the same. Part of the purpose of the 2 colors and different thickness of the lines is that it causes your eyes to react a certain way and focus on a certain part of the ball, but who am I telling. You sat through the same brief I did! That's awesome about making the puts when u switched to using the Triple Track.

I'd absolutely be interested in trying it on the CSX.

I'd absolutely be interested in trying it on the CSX.

The ERC is the only ball I've been practice putting with at home simply because I love that alignment. Plus the ball feels pretty good off this putter but mostly because of the Triple Track.

I don’t know if this had been answered but why did they choose red and blue for the lines? And specific reasoning?

I don’t know if this had been answered but why did they choose red and blue for the lines? And specific reasoning?

‘Merica

I don’t think it was so much the color but the thickness of the lines to help you align? I remember Finley saying it’s similar to landing a plane on a runway or jets landing on an aircraft carrier, the thin outer lines set your boundary.

I don’t think it was so much the color but the thickness of the lines to help you align? I remember Finley saying it’s similar to landing a plane on a runway or jets landing on an aircraft carrier, the thin outer lines set your boundary.

That makes sense and that was actually my next question about the line thickness. Thanks man. I didn’t know if it was cosmetic or the colors has a specific purpose.

I will respectfully have to disagree with the post quoted above and unless I have missed something even if an aftermarket tool IS available it would have to be applied by hand and would be far less durable.

Correct, there is a reason for the colors, testing went through various colors and the difference in the colors does make a difference.

I’m anxious to get out and play the ERCs again. Hopefully the last of my supply makes it until they go on sale.

Looking forward to getting some time on course tomorrow with these. Between SanDiegoNative and I, should be plenty of on course shots to give the ball a fair shake.
e5220e7b045cde6c40701ed20c5e1d3c.jpg

I hesitated to start playing this ball since I got back from #TheGrandaddy due to the limited number I was able to bring back. However, it is getting close enough to being readily available that I have used it now for the last 4-5 rounds.

I absolutely love it off the irons. Playing in 40/50* temps, combined with the Apex ‘19 irons I am getting at least 1/2 club more in distance compared to the CS with Apex CF16s in calm conditions. More than that downwind and into a one-club wind I am getting what used to be my normal distances.

As for spin, they don’t check as tight as the CS, but even on downwind shots I find the rollout acceptable. PW rollout, for example, might be a stride downwind. Obviously the softness of the greens will determine a lot of that as well. Chipping/pitching around the green with the MD4s and PM 2.0 I am getting more “check” than I actually expected with this ball and have adjusted accordingly.

My only possible “issue” with the ball is really off the driver. I was “fit” with the Flash at 10.5* with the adapter set at +1/D. Even in the cold and very soft conditions I’ve been playing in so far this year I am getting distances I haven’t seen in years - except for into the wind. This ball is definitely a higher launching ball than the CS I’ve been using. Playing into the wind with the irons the ball doesn’t seem to be affected that much but off the driver into the wind I sense I am losing more distance than I would with the CS or a lower launching ball. Maybe it is just because the ball is in the air longer that driver shots are more affected.

My quandary is do I lower the loft on the driver by 1 or maybe even 2 degrees but do I gain nothing because carry is more important with the very soft conditions of the fairways. I’ll have to experiment I guess.

I’ve not been one to line up my ball a lot on the greens so I have only sporadically done so with the Triple Track Technology. The conditions of our greens at this time of year make it difficult to judge the effectiveness of the technology and with the cold conditions not a lot of time is being spent on lining the ball up, either. I’m definitely going to utilize those lines more as conditions of the greens and the temperatures improve.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the ERC and expect that I will be even more so under more favorable conditions. At this point I anticipate making this my everyday ball. I’d be curious if Callaway thinks this ball might eat into their sales of the Chrome Soft it is that good!

Back