The versatility of these wedges has really stuck out for me. Playing the 54 square for firmer bunker shots, to opening up the 58X when I need a high shot from the rough to stop quickly, I feel I've been playing some of my best short game shots with the JAWS Raw in the bag. Again, I feel that a proper fitting, with a shaft that matches up well with my irons has really helped me in that regard, especially on full wedge shots. I'm starting to see some rusting on the faces, which I welcome. I wish I would have gone @mancest's route and gone different finishes for each wedge, to help differentiate, but that is minor. Just have to keep RFC's advice to use the bounce in my ear when I practice and play.

The versatility of these wedges has really stuck out for me. Playing the 54 square for firmer bunker shots, to opening up the 58X when I need a high shot from the rough to stop quickly, I feel I've been playing some of my best short game shots with the JAWS Raw in the bag. Again, I feel that a proper fitting, with a shaft that matches up well with my irons has really helped me in that regard, especially on full wedge shots. I'm starting to see some rusting on the faces, which I welcome. I wish I would have gone @mancest's route and gone different finishes for each wedge, to help differentiate, but that is minor. Just have to keep RFC's advice to use the bounce in my ear when I practice and play.

For those that have games these, what’s your favorite finish? I’m loving the black finish on mine but curious what your preference is and why?

For those that have games these, what’s your favorite finish? I’m loving the black finish on mine but curious what your preference is and why?
Black finish is always the best finish. But they way the raw finish on the chrome wedges wears is pure perfection. I actually prefer it to the black overall and can't believe I'm saying that. So black finish, but standard raw chrome toe and face.

Both. Both is good

I prefer the look of the black but the feel of the raw (but I know that’s in my head…)

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for those that have had vokeys or Edel sms wedges…. How would the jaws compare?

Love the chrome raw, it’s just a mindset thing for me that raw can’t have color lol.

Question for those that have had vokeys or Edel sms wedges…. How would the jaws compare?
I had the SM7s I think for maybe 2ish seasons, never played enough to wear them out. But the Jaws are just so much more versatile than the Vokey, feel better, and look a ton better with the leading edge being straight and not rounded. Oh and the leading edge sits so much closer to the ground than Vokey which is really great, even though I have 12* of bounce with my 60.

What's everybody's favorite grind on the Jaws Raw wedges? I'm playing the S in the 54°, thought about W but not sure if it would work as well on real firm, thin lies.

Love the chrome raw, it’s just a mindset thing for me that raw can’t have color lol.

I had the SM7s I think for maybe 2ish seasons, never played enough to wear them out. But the Jaws are just so much more versatile than the Vokey, feel better, and look a ton better with the leading edge being straight and not rounded. Oh and the leading edge sits so much closer to the ground than Vokey which is really great, even though I have 12* of bounce with my 60.
That leading edge idea gets me excited

The other good thing about the leading edge on the Jaws Raw is the slight chamfer they put on it. If you catch it a little fat it's more prone to glide than dig.

So I have some SM8s and I prefer the JAWS around the green, however full shots seem easier for me with the SM8 56. Not sure why but I’m more likely to do a half shot with a PW or AW a little further her out

What’s your experience with the X? I was super curious about that grind but couldn’t find any to test..

What’s your experience with the X? I was super curious about that grind but couldn’t find any to test..
I've really liked it. I came from a W grind in the MD4, and after discussing it with the fitter at ECPC, X was the way to go. We get some soft conditions here, and the X is great for that. I find it much more versatile than the W grind, due to the heel relief. You can open up the face if you really need to get it high off a tight lie.

I've really liked it. I came from a W grind in the MD4, and after discussing it with the fitter at ECPC, X was the way to go. We get some soft conditions here, and the X is great for that. I find it much more versatile than the W grind, due to the heel relief. You can open up the face if you really need to get it high off a tight lie.
Same experience with the 58x I was fitted into this and love how you can open the face. It really is versatile.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary for the 56* W grind wedge for me.

After a year it's still wonderful, I have found that for me the half to 3/4 swing is about as far as I want to go.

2023:

1689935873650.png

2022:

1689935893859.png

The top number is the performance average the bottom is the longest. 133 don't pay attention - it was from the top of a hill, hit the green and shot over.

That means this year I've been focusing on this shorter shots with this club and proximity to the hole. I have found that I have a lot more control with the smaller shots with this one than full swinging a 56* club.

Few shots from yesterday's round

The fact that a high handicap can swing this club and get good proximity shows the value of the club for someone without great strikes. The club doesn't dig, it glides through the grass with ease and if you find yourself in the rough it can get the ball up and out pretty easily as well.

I don't think this is a full swing club for me but if you find yourself 20-50 out from the green a lot and you want to hold those greens this might be a great club for you.

I am still playing these despite the rusty face. As soon as Callaway releases a non high toe chrome face wedge these will be off to cpo in a heartbeat. I am Callaway for life but they are making it difficult.

Use a little magic eraser on it... it'll clean up.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary for the 56* W grind wedge for me.

After a year it's still wonderful, I have found that for me the half to 3/4 swing is about as far as I want to go.

2023:

View attachment 9194086

2022:

View attachment 9194087

The top number is the performance average the bottom is the longest. 133 don't pay attention - it was from the top of a hill, hit the green and shot over.

That means this year I've been focusing on this shorter shots with this club and proximity to the hole. I have found that I have a lot more control with the smaller shots with this one than full swinging a 56* club.

Few shots from yesterday's round

The fact that a high handicap can swing this club and get good proximity shows the value of the club for someone without great strikes. The club doesn't dig, it glides through the grass with ease and if you find yourself in the rough it can get the ball up and out pretty easily as well.

I don't think this is a full swing club for me but if you find yourself 20-50 out from the green a lot and you want to hold those greens this might be a great club for you.

That’s some impressive camera work! I can understand the shorter swings- it definitely helps me with control.

I’m still loving the usage of these around the green. For 70+ yards I’m more comfortable with my AW in my Paradym set but inside that, these can perform every shot I need around the green.

The 56 is the workhorse for me - I feel comfortable with pitches and chips around the green

That’s some impressive camera work! I can understand the shorter swings- it definitely helps me with control.
Thank you, I have been called the Scorsese of my generation.
The wedges and the control with the shorter swings are unmatched. I have 2 other wedges that work better with more full swings but this one has a place for those short guys.

What's everybody's favorite grind on the Jaws Raw wedges? I'm playing the S in the 54°, thought about W but not sure if it would work as well on real firm, thin lies.
Z is my favorite overall with how easily you can manipulate the face and still do what you want. W out of bunkers is cheat code too. Not sure how well it would work on real firm lies though. You would probably want to stick to the S. But I don't play in super firm conditions so I use my W everywhere and can still take a divot easily even with the grind and bounce

According to Callaways website the W wouldn’t be the best for your real firm conditions. The Z,C, or S would probably be you best bet. With the W you’d also be stuck with 12* of bounce.

I'm using the W grind. Take a look at the video's I just posted to see if you think those would be similar to your conditions.

I like the satin finish but i am wanting black irons and wedges next go around!

54/58S grinds work in all conditions for me.

Today was wedge session with my coach in the pit. The pit sits between hole 14 and hole 18 at a local course. They have 4 greens and you can get up to 150 yards if you want to. We worked high shots over bunkers with a downhill slope. Bump and runs then used the 58/54 to try different ways for shots form 35 to 105. I tend to get some shots heading way right and set up is absolutely key for me on that. It was really good to have him standing there to see what i was doing and to give me a quick correction. I told him we need more of this and the Jaws raw were great. I was hitting them on with almost no roll out at all today!
pit.jpgpit1.jpg

Last edited:
Z is my favorite overall with how easily you can manipulate the face and still do what you want. W out of bunkers is cheat code too. Not sure how well it would work on real firm lies though. You would probably want to stick to the S. But I don't play in super firm conditions so I use my W everywhere and can still take a divot easily even with the grind and bounce

According to Callaways website the W wouldn’t be the best for your real firm conditions. The Z,C, or S would probably be you best bet. With the W you’d also be stuck with 12* of bounce.

54/58S grinds work in all conditions for me.
The S really is a good grind, I’ve played it in the MD5 wedges and now in the Jaws Raw. It works for almost anything and Callaway says it’s the best grind for many golfers. There’s really nothing about it that makes me want to change from it, it’s just always that curiosity to try something new, right? 😆

Back