My Jaws Raw Full Toe 58* is just such a super club for me. The J grind is perfection. I pretty much use it for everything from 90 yards in. In my last round, I had two full shots with it and had two birdie looks, one of which was a one foot putt. I got up and down with it on a long greenside bunker shot. It was great around the greens. I do not remember every having such a versatile wedge in my bag. Love this thing.

My Jaws Raw Full Toe 58* is just such a super club for me. The J grind is perfection. I pretty much use it for everything from 90 yards in. In my last round, I had two full shots with it and had two birdie looks, one of which was a one foot putt. I got up and down with it on a long greenside bunker shot. It was great around the greens. I do not remember every having such a versatile wedge in my bag. Love this thing.
I actually have 3 of these now. Lol.

I'm glad to see others enjoying the Full Toe J grind, such a versatile grind! The 58J is about an 80-85 yard club for me on full swing, and I use it a lot everywhere from there in.

Love these wedges, thought I was gonna have my first HIO on Saturday with the 50*.

We were working shots to a small green area about 85 yards away today. I normally would not use my 58 and go 54* but today i was blowing the 54 well over the back. Grabbed the 58S and started dropping them on the green. Driver has always been my favorite club to hit but i have started to really get into the wedges and learning different shots!

We were working shots to a small green area about 85 yards away today. I normally would not use my 58 and go 54* but today i was blowing the 54 well over the back. Grabbed the 58S and started dropping them on the green. Driver has always been my favorite club to hit but i have started to really get into the wedges and learning different shots!

do you have S grind in both your 58 and 54?

I think I safely fit in the C grind. but want to try the Z....even if I probably shouldn't.

I think I safely fit in the C grind. but want to try the Z....even if I probably shouldn't.

Yes both wedges are the S. I do have a Z and it will be on the range tomorrow i am letting my friend use it. You can try that also!

Z is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

z would be a more forgiving grind than the c
Really? Why?

I would have ranked them the other way.

I’m veryshallow sweeper that plays hard pan.

Really? Why?

I would have ranked them the other way.

I’m veryshallow sweeper that plays hard pan.

the C has a much more aggressive leading edge, with less chamfer. It has a lot more heel and toe relief.

The Z has has leading edge and trail edge chamfer, so it can glide a little better without digging as much.

you can see some of the videos and info @JohnnyCallaway has posted where he goes into more detail, but very much the Z grind was designed to be low bounce option for better players and the ability to manipulate the face, but with some forgiving aspects that the C grind doesn’t have.

the C has a much more aggressive leading edge, with less chamfer. It has a lot more heel and toe relief.

The Z has has leading edge and trail edge chamfer, so it can glide a little better without digging as much.

you can see some of the videos and info @JohnnyCallaway has posted where he goes into more detail, but very much the Z grind was designed to be low bounce option for better players and the ability to manipulate the face, but with some forgiving aspects that the C grind doesn’t have.
Very interesting. I’m absolutely intrigued but this grind. I’ve gamed Edel C and it changed how I use a wedge. I’m currently gaming a LittleRat special 60 that has the qualities of the Z grind. That flat leading edge and chamfer to present the bounce.
I wouldn’t want this in my 54. But at 58 I need to test.

Thanks.

Very interesting. I’m absolutely intrigued but this grind. I’ve gamed Edel C and it changed how I use a wedge. I’m currently gaming a LittleRat special 60 that has the qualities of the Z grind. That flat leading edge and chamfer to present the bounce.
I wouldn’t want this in my 54. But at 58 I need to test.

Thanks.

I absolutely LOVE my 58z.

but agreed, I don’t want it on a lower loft.

My 58S was a machine out of the greenside bunkers today! I ended up in a few too many today and came out beautiful each time. I also got a chance to test out the longer shot for the 58S and pulled it off nicely!

My 58x is a machine out of bunkers. I actually get a little bit excited if I’m lying one in the bunker… Just open it up and swing into the sand for great results. For the most part my results are pretty close to the pin.

I can honestly say these are my favorite wedges I’ve ever had. The 54 (I have Full Toe in the 54 and 60) is so versatile. I’ve really been using my Shot Scope data to get a little more versatile around the green. I feel so comfortable hitting a number of different shots with these.

I honestly think these wedges saved me 4 strokes yesterday.

Currently hitting my wedges the best I have all season. I’m actually struggling a bit out of bunkers again but those haven’t worried me in over two years so I’m just in a funk.

Pitches and full swings are truly just so easy with each grind I’m using. Diversifying for what you try to do with each club really is useful with all the options.

Currently hitting my wedges the best I have all season. I’m actually struggling a bit out of bunkers again but those haven’t worried me in over two years so I’m just in a funk.

Pitches and full swings are truly just so easy with each grind I’m using. Diversifying for what you try to do with each club really is useful with all the options.
The versatility is a big plus for me, especially in the Full Toe. My bunker play has improved, and there's no lie that makes me uncomfortable hitting from.

The versatility is a big plus for me, especially in the Full Toe. My bunker play has improved, and there's no lie that makes me uncomfortable hitting from.

The Full Toe seriously just opens up a whole world of possibilities I couldn’t otherwise explore. Short sided in the past? I’d just take my medicine. I feel confident in the versatility of this wedge to play a cut type of shot in those situations. Makes wedge play a lot of fun.

I haven't played a Callaway Wedge since the MD3's were out. Man I need to start checking the new lines out. 54 and 58 has been my traditional setup, but not sure if I should go out on a limb and try something different.

Hesitant because I didn't get along with the MD3s, and switched back to Cleveland ever since.

I’m getting more comfortable with these. Still working on distance control a little bit I can’t complain about the strike pattern

C4DBD422-B91F-4F0B-BD34-A8858787F22D.jpeg

7EDBD65B-22C8-4884-9AC3-E52D9136132F.jpeg

I haven't played a Callaway Wedge since the MD3's were out. Man I need to start checking the new lines out. 54 and 58 has been my traditional setup, but not sure if I should go out on a limb and try something different.

Hesitant because I didn't get along with the MD3s, and switched back to Cleveland ever since.
I didn't play MD3s, but I played MD5s and the Jaws Raw are a significant improvement over them. The feel is better, more spin, and I'm much more confident with them.

Excited to get these in the bag in December… use to be a vokey guy until I got sms wedges and now it’s hard to see anything else in the bag… definitely gonna be open minded going in and hope these feel great as everyone says

The new 54/58 are getting ready to go in the bag soon, and I have no idea how I want to customize them yet. Stamps, lasers, paint? I’m drawing a blank :unsure:

Back