Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I played the Mavrik Sub Zero for a while last year and I play the Max LS this year. The difference in forgiveness is huge in favor of the LS. The Mavrik SZ is suited for a low handicap golfer with some speed. I feel like the SZ is every bit as good out of the center and maybe better but miss it by a small amount and it was penalizing. The Max LS lets me get away with murder and is a bomber when hit correctly.
Well son of gun, definitely not a low handicap 😢. Should have jumped on one of the Max LS this morning but hesitated and now they're gone. This is what I needed to know though, I know the SZ will bring the spin down like apparently I need but I definitely still need some forgiveness. Thanks!

Well my overall game is in the gutter right now, but throwing out 4/20 drives that found the trees, I averaged 279 yards with the Mavrik Max over the weekend. Low of 260 and high of 315. Starting to creep back into that comfort zone I was in with the driver last year.

Another weekend of absolute fire from the Mavrik Max. 10/12 drivers Saturday gave me a great look at the green. I’m back in a spot where I feel so confident with the driver that I can let it rip on holes where it’s the very aggressive play. Awesome to be able to take these lines and risks!
5DD94476-D6F0-45AE-902E-3DB4EC9A26E8.jpeg

I have not been on here in a long time. I am always the oldest guy in the room, 76 and have been working around my physical/medical issues for last 6 years. I am what you guys call a driver Ho! Before today my go to was the 400 max with a Epic Flash, and PXG 0211 as fun to hit backups. Recently I changed my setting to S D in the Flash and oriented the shaft graphics to different position. For whatever reason those changes have turned the Flash to a new level that is great. Two days ago a Maxrik max was delivered with my usual setting S N and a small grip. Hit some range balls and it was not impressive.. Hit it again today after changing the standard grip to. a mid size , changing setting to a new for me D with standard 10.5 loft. Into the wind the Mavrisk with range balls was delivering many solid shots with a higher trajectory and a little more distance than my go to 400 Max. Many were consistently carrying a little beyond the 200 markers with nice roll. My flash has a Helium 60 and Mavrik has Helium black 4 series which likely is say 49 or slightly over 50 grams. I only hit 2 balls with the Flash and it was virtually identical to Mavrik results. I am not a sound guy but I did not notice a major sound difference between the Flash and Mavrik. The 400 max will be put in backup status and I am slightly leaning to the Mavrik over the Flash. The Helium black in the Mavrik feels smoother than the heavier helium in the Flash but that is a really a close call. The Mavrik really exceeded my expectations. Last week I told a stranger that he was the first person I observed to hit the Mavrik consistently well. It really is a strong performer. Switching to a Helium in the Flash was a great thing. I was playing it with a Evenflow 50 and a Alta shaft with just okay results. I may be selling the Max after playing Mavrik on the course since range golf results need to be validated.

Last edited:
🤞 the Mavrik Max Single Diamond turns up tomorrow... You never know from a 'bay purchase but if it does - this should be an interesting comparison to my Mavrik Sub Zero...

A

Hit 12/14 fairways with the Mavrik max yesterday

Still loving this driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Mavrik Max Single Diamond turns up tomorrow... You never know from a 'bay purchase but if it does - this should be an interesting comparison to my Mavrik Sub Zero...

A

It’s here, dimensionally similar to the Sub Zero…. Will be interesting when I swing it…

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First go with the Max Single Diamond, felt pretty good but the weather was so bad at the range all the power was down so no TopTracer results to compare with my SZ...

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Well my Rogue ST is on Backorder still so I picked up a LN Mavrik Max 10.5* with a 25% coupon I had from CPO.
Cheap enough to keep it long term.
That CPO is a wild ride - Blink and the next minute, 15 clubs show up.
I could see me moving the 14 gram weight to the back as I don't really need help with hitting a "Power Draw"

First go with the Max Single Diamond, felt pretty good but the weather was so bad at the range all the power was down so no TopTracer results to compare with my SZ...

A

Lesson included some work with the new driver head. Took a little while but started to get some good results. Swing speed in the mid to high 90s, and getting a distance of up to 240 to 250 carry, with nice launch angles so 20-30 yards of roll. Hit pushes and a few fades, but then we did get some draws at the end.

So far so good....

A

If I could hit them all like this then I would be happy with the Max Tour Single Diamond.... Best drive of the round (if only the first one had been inbounds :eek:)

1647880092137.png

I put the Mav Max head to head against the Rogue ST Max on the course last week. Even swapped shafts and used my current gamer in the Rogue so it would be an apples to apples comparison. Mav Max wins and will be staying in my bag this year.

Swung the Mavrik Max Diamond driver with what turned to be a slight power fade. Paced out 275 yards and just off the fairway on the RHS. Double checked the yardage to the pin as I’ve never hit the ball that far, ever…. Must have been right out of the middle.

I could start to really like this unusual Head.

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back