Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Anyone have some experience with the Standard 3+? I've got a MAX 3+ and it's extremely easy to hit, but launches super high (not unexpected). I'm looking for something that will be more for a low launch/stinger type thing that I can wail away at. I've had some time with the SZ 3, and it's fine, but too small of a clubhead for what I'm looking to do.

My new 3H is so much fun to hit off the tee. Ball just wants to go high and straight. Super forgiving face. I'm not sure if it can kick out the Heavenwood or 4H, but it's gotta make the bag.

Has anyone ordered the 80g Aldila Rogue white in their fw? Think I’m gonna go with that in a 4 wood.

What were your results? I'm thinking about SZ 4wd w/ either the rogue 70x or 80x. Thx!

What were your results? I'm thinking about SZ 4wd w/ either the rogue 70x or 80x. Thx!
Sorry, I never bought one of these. I stuck with my Sim Ti 5 wood.

I have the stock 70x White in the SZ 3+. The results have been good for me. It's all personal, but the Rogue White feels stable but not harsh. I am seeing a flat ball flight and really good distance. The SZ paired with the Rogue seems to suit my swing. I can control it whether I am trying to step on it or swing smoothly.

These are on CPO now! Good way to get one without the common delays since the CPO ones will come from Texas. :cool:

The Max fairways are just so darn good. On 3 consecutive holes today, the HW delivered. Easy swing and the ball just goes, and dead straight. Each of the last two days, I've also hit absolute 3+ bombs on the range, and most were dead straight with little movement. But for whatever reason, I couldn't hit a fairway with the 3W: blocks, popups, and a couple pulls. I need to find a way to take that swing to the course, because the 3+ can absolutely deliver.

Only had a few swings with them today, but really felt the value of my Pro 2H and 15* SZ 3W. Used the 3w twice to hit low rockets through the wind. The pro hybrid to work out of my only two tough positions of the day. Running one up a hill from the rough, and spinning one up and around a corner. Both on par 5s. They're just so versatile and easy to hit a variety of ways. I really haven't needed them lately on the layouts near me, and it was great to remember how good they are when I do need them.

Last edited:
These are on CPO now! Good way to get one without the common delays since the CPO ones will come from Texas. :cool:
I may have ordered a 3 wood with the rogue white during happy hour yesterday .

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

I may have ordered a 3 wood with the rogue white during happy hour yesterday .

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
Hahaha nicely done!

Max 3w is just downright cheating. It’s the PM Grind of fairway woods. Plenty of distance as a secondary tee option and from the fairway gives me 225 easy and on occasion I can squeeze 250 out of it. I have the VA Composite VYLYN shaft in it and it’s such a good combo for me.

5w and I are back on track, I have found that as I have corrected my swing more I had to weaken my grip specifically for the fairways. I finally got them back out on my nemisis holes this week and they kept me right in the middle.

Final piece to the bag is here. I can’t wait to get back out on the course with this one.

View attachment 8952425

quoting myself because this club has turned I to a weapon for me. I had a couple of longer par 3’s where it was a no brained to pull this one out. One was a 191yds and while I didn’t hit the green, it was a nice straight shot that left me about 15yds or so pitching up to the hole.

One thing that I like is just because it’s a “pro” hybrid it’s not fade biased at all. Also it does well coming out of the thicker rough.

I feel this way about the 5w Max!
I have the three and the five and love them both. I cant believe how easy it is to get the five up into the air. We have a dogleg par five that unless you crush a drive through the turn you have to take it over some trees. I now use the five wood to cut the corner instead of a six or seven iron. And if the Mavrik Max gets me through the turn i break out the three wood. And both are just great clubs.

5w and I are back on track, I have found that as I have corrected my swing more I had to weaken my grip specifically for the fairways. I finally got them back out on my nemisis holes this week and they kept me right in the middle.
I have the Mav Standard 5W - as long as I keep my grip neutral it's a beautiful baby draw almost every time. If I take the grip too strong or get too handsy in my release, fore left! :LOL:

Such an easy FW to hit, though - effortless to get it into the air.

the feeling out of the middle of the face of the max fairways is so powerful. working on some swing changes has me slowing down a good bit, but in the process i’m finding the middle much more often. it’s such a phenomenal and satisfying feeling with these fairways.

i’m contemplating adding a little hotmelt to the toe. toe is my miss with the 3w, and it’s getting me into a little more trouble than i’d like. with the max fairways already favoring a draw, the overdraw is not my preferred miss.

I have the Mav Standard 5W - as long as I keep my grip neutral it's a beautiful baby draw almost every time. If I take the grip too strong or get too handsy in my release, fore left! :LOL:

Such an easy FW to hit, though - effortless to get it into the air.
Yep same miss. I’ve been working on my swing a bit and while my irons and driver have improved by a lot, my slice has been minimized, but I started dead pulling the hell out of the 3/5w, a more neutral grip on those seem to have fixed it.

My 3w came from CPO Saturday so I took it out yesterday but only used it once. You guys weren't kidding about the sound. I can't really describe it but it just sounds powerful. I was 235 out on an uphill par 5 and while I didn't hit it perfectly flush I was still pin high to the right and the sound was something that I really noticed and liked. I have an outing today so hoping I get to use it a few more times. Might have to order the driver now too .

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Oh man. I'm just growing more and more in love with the Mavrik fairway woods. My SZ 3 wood is essentially an automatic great shot off the tee now. Ball goes high and ball goes far. Our 3rd hole is a dog leg left par 4. Huge tree guards you from going for the green which is 290 from the box we played Saturday. We'll, the tree hypothetically guards the green. At some point this year I figured out that I can easily clear it if I just tee the ball up a fraction higher with my 3 wood.

It's now my defacto play on that hole. Saturday, I tee up, line up for a draw, and hit this high sweeper. Clears the tree and I'm thinking I'll be close to the green. Get around the corner and no ball to be found. Thought it got caught up in the rough short. But, couldn't find it. Walking around and spot it over the green by about 10 yards. Just a bomb.

Hit another clutch shot with it on a short par 4. 330 yard hole and left us with a little pitch shot to a front pin setting up a birdie that would win us the match.

I have to mentally accept that the 3 wood has to be my go to club on days that I'm not as straight as I'd like to be with driver. I don't think anyone I play with would be able to keep up with me with their drivers anyways. It's by far the longest, best feeling 3 wood I've owned. So much confidence with it.

Oh man. I'm just growing more and more in love with the Mavrik fairway woods. My SZ 3 wood is essentially an automatic great shot off the tee now. Ball goes high and ball goes far. Our 3rd hole is a dog leg left par 4. Huge tree guards you from going for the green which is 290 from the box we played Saturday. We'll, the tree hypothetically guards the green. At some point this year I figured out that I can easily clear it if I just tee the ball up a fraction higher with my 3 wood.

It's now my defacto play on that hole. Saturday, I tee up, line up for a draw, and hit this high sweeper. Clears the tree and I'm thinking I'll be close to the green. Get around the corner and no ball to be found. Thought it got caught up in the rough short. But, couldn't find it. Walking around and spot it over the green by about 10 yards. Just a bomb.

Hit another clutch shot with it on a short par 4. 330 yard hole and left us with a little pitch shot to a front pin setting up a birdie that would win us the match.

I have to mentally accept that the 3 wood has to be my go to club on days that I'm not as straight as I'd like to be with driver. I don't think anyone I play with would be able to keep up with me with their drivers anyways. It's by far the longest, best feeling 3 wood I've owned. So much confidence with it.

No tree guards the green from the The Great @radiman.

Its stupid how far you hit that thing, and it sounds SO GOOD when you flush it.

Haven’t hit the fairway but did hit the pro hybrid. Loved the feel of the kbs in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on a roll recently. My new Mavrik driver is on it’s way from CPO and I bought the matching 3 wood today and am having it shipped overnight.

78CCF93F-729D-4FE3-B58F-74DB0C6EB90A.jpeg

I’m on a roll recently. My new Mavrik driver is on it’s way from CPO and I bought the matching 3 wood today and am having it shipped overnight.

View attachment 8960094
Make sure you register that thing. As long as you can get it up enough, it's a pretty deadly weapon.

Back