Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Got the text that my Max D just arrived at the golf shop 30 minutes ago...I'm already home with it in my hand. Can't wait to play with it tomorrow - it's a tournament but I don't mind taking it out mostly blind as I know it's good. Hoping the settings we had at the fitting are correct but should have a little time to tinker on the range beforehand if needed.

Standard cog, set to +1/N (11.5) and rear weight all the way to the fade setting. I also have put in a 5g weight in the front over the 2g.
That would make it swing weight heavier or did you reduce the back weight?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I found something and I’m liking it with the Smoke Max. Just bombing drives, well not like @Muchmore length but anything over 260yds for me is good. Today on course for league and I’m looking forward to doing some damage!!!
I am doing the same with mine right now; just a great driver for me. But when I say that I am “crushing it” it is in relative terms. There are definitely some real men out there hitting their 3W past my drives.

Got the text that my Max D just arrived at the golf shop 30 minutes ago...I'm already home with it in my hand. Can't wait to play with it tomorrow - it's a tournament but I don't mind taking it out mostly blind as I know it's good. Hoping the settings we had at the fitting are correct but should have a little time to tinker on the range beforehand if needed.
Hope you enjoy the Max D. I have an unplayed one in my bag (season hasn't started for me)

That would make it swing weight heavier or did you reduce the back weight?

Only increased the front weight. But I've mentioned that I play my driver at 45-45.25". I didn't do it to increase or decrease my SW though. Did it to reduce spin a bit.

Smoke Max users am curious to hear what cog and loft and rear weight settings have worked best for you.

10.5 head. +1 / N. Slider center /back.

Weekend got washed out. Got out for 9 tonight. Cart path only , fairways wet and no roll. The good news is i was hitting fairways and still getting good distance. This driver is every bit forgiving as advertised if not better .On another note first time i played with the Chrome Tour X. It felt great off the driver ( actually just felt great off irons and putter as well ) . Think i found my ball for 2024. Cant wait for good conditions and good weather.

Smoke Max users am curious to hear what cog and loft and rear weight settings have worked best for you.

Standard cog 10.5 degrees S, D setting. Weight in the draw position

10.5 head. +1 / N. Slider center /back.
What shaft and what launch and spin are you getting.
In my fitting and N/-1 mid setting for the rear weight with Denali black 10.5* head. I was hitting 14* with 2300 spin.
On course was missing right quite a bit. So am debating what adjustments to make.

1. I could turn loft back to standard and that would close face a bit.

2. Could set CoG to Draw setting

3. Can move slider to heel

I would like to keep my numbers I saw as they were pretty ideal so am wondering if the D cog setting has much effect as it wouldn't be playing with loft or CG weight.

In my fitting and N/-1 mid setting for the rear weight with Denali black 10.5* head. I was hitting 14* with 2300 spin.
On course was missing right quite a bit. So am debating what adjustments to make.

I would like to keep my numbers I saw as they were pretty ideal so am wondering if the D cog setting has much effect as it wouldn't be playing with loft or CG weight.

I don’t know my numbers.

I’m playing a Ventus Red 6S.

2300 and 14. What’s you SS. Cause those sound really good. Missing right … could mean a lot of path/face things that are not driver settings related.

Is your contact location good? If so look at path would be my advice.

I

I was seeing the same, 14° ish, around 2300rpm.

Everything I was hitting was big hooks.

Cog, weights, none of it made significant fix for the hook.

Technique, club path, and face alignment were my problems. Out to in with a bad face angle being the main problem.

I don’t know my numbers.

I’m playing a Ventus Red 6S.

2300 and 14. What’s you SS. Cause those sound really good. Missing right … could mean a lot of path/face things that are not driver settings related.

Is your contact location good? If so look at path would be my advice.
Driver SS around 103-105. Ball speed low 150s.
I feel the club sits more open the demo head I tested am thinking maybe it is why I am having trouble squaring the face. Didn't have this problem with the demo.

Could be manufacturing variance?
Don't feel I am missing the middle by much. My other tee shots were with 5 wood and 4 hybrid and were pretty straight... So if it's a path issue it is driver specific off the tee.

Think I will tinker with the D cog setting and if it it has no effect try lifting back to 10.5 and see if the closing of the face fixes it.

I prefer not missing left but am going too far right most of the time.

As an example of where there could be variability among the different heads, I demoed a Ping g43 3 wood head and was hitting it somewhat left and it looked fairly closed at address. By comparison the exact same model knew when the plastic to be sold when put down in the address position looked dead square. I know often there could be a 1° face angle acceptable difference maybe that with the lowering of the loft to 9.5° had the effect of opening the face too much for me to square it...

Could be manufacturing variance?
Don't feel I am missing the middle by much. My other tee shots were with 5 wood and 4 hybrid and were pretty straight... So if it's a path issue it is driver specific off the tee.
Missing the middle has nothing to do with path and face angle. It very well could be a driver swing specific issue. That was my issue last year. I could hit my fairway woods right down the pipe, but driver was a slice machine until I corrected my swing path and shoulder alignment. Driver settings can only do so much

Like I said took it out for the first time in a loooong time yesterday.

Freaking TR Blue too. The world might be ending. 😆

Like I said took it out for the first time in a loooong time yesterday.

Freaking TR Blue too. The world might be ending. 😆

I mean if you don't want it, you can send it to TN. It will get used. lol

11/14 fairways hit today, and I didn't even have an especially good swing going. 2 of the 3 misses were with driver, and they were only a few yards off the fairway. Times like this I really appreciate the forgiveness, there were a few swings I wasn't at all proud of and they wouldn't make any highlight reel, but they still ended up in the fairway.

I did pipe a nice drive on #9 though - 254 yards on an uphill par 4, which probably doesn't sound like much to most but it's a pretty good poke for me, especially uphill.
I knew from the feeling and sound as soon as I hit it that it was a good one.

11/14 fairways hit today, and I didn't even have an especially good swing going. 2 of the 3 misses were with driver, and they were only a few yards off the fairway. Times like this I really appreciate the forgiveness, there were a few swings I wasn't at all proud of and they wouldn't make any highlight reel, but they still ended up in the fairway.

I did pipe a nice drive on #9 though - 254 yards on an uphill par 4, which probably doesn't sound like much to most but it's a pretty good poke for me, especially uphill.
I am amazed at how forgiving this driver is and the results on off center hits. I thought the Paradym X was forgiving but this is another level. And well struck drives are amazing as well. And something about how solid contact feels. Used a Chrome Tour X for 9 last night really liked it with this driver.

Routine round for you for fairways hit . :cool: High percentage with misses very playable. I'd take that uphill drive number any day of the year.

Missing the middle has nothing to do with path and face angle. It very well could be a driver swing specific issue. That was my issue last year. I could hit my fairway woods right down the pipe, but driver was a slice machine until I corrected my swing path and shoulder alignment. Driver settings can only do so much
I don't disagree. I am only starting that when I denied the driver it looked less open then the bought one.
I had no issues keeping the demo straight in the launch monitor but am struggling a bit with my club. So if I am to assume it's the club and not me I am trying to figure which seeing will work best

Fitting is booked. I have 10 days to get the swing into a good-ish place. The rust has been coming off hitting balls today the driver was up 5-6 mph from the outside day.

Hit some good drives with the Ai Smoke Max yesterday during my first round in a month. Paired with the LinQ M40X Blue shaft I was seeing amazing ball flights. I went 5/7 FIR with avg distances on the day being 245yds. One hit tree pulled that avg down further than it represents. One shot that stood out to me was on a hole where from a visual perspective it doesn’t set up well for me. I picked an aggressive line and the Max did me well! I can count how many times my playing partners commented on how good the driver sounded.

IMG_3082.jpeg

Any thoughts on where you might land going into the fitting?

I want to start with the max with a mid flex regular shaft. I demo’d the new Taylor made max last weekend and liked a lot. If it’s as forgiving as those here and in the reviews say with my swing I may get the 3 wood also. My golf funds account will take a beating.

Hit some good drives with the Ai Smoke Max yesterday during my first round in a month. Paired with the LinQ M40X Blue shaft I was seeing amazing ball flights. I went 5/7 FIR with avg distances on the day being 245yds. One hit tree pulled that avg down further than it represents. One shot that stood out to me was on a hole where from a visual perspective it doesn’t set up well for me. I picked an aggressive line and the Max did me well! I can count how many times my playing partners commented on how good the driver sounded.

View attachment 9258224
Such a good shaft pairing w/ that LinQ M40X Blue.

Back