Callaway Paradym Irons

Played yesterday for the first time with the Paradym X irons.

These stick just fly. I am getting much more height and carry with the X irons.

Had a 8i in hand from a straw brush area. Smack it to 5-7 feet and my first birdie of the year.

57772EA0-4BE1-43B5-BAA6-7B717F3874F1.jpeg

One area that is even more impressive is the flight I am getting on my thin hits.

I am a scooper and even on my really thin hits the ball instead of going into a live drive it still got up in the air.

Hit a few balls outside today. The temp was right around 40 degrees, so it was on the verge of being too cold for me and I certainly didn’t feel very loose. However, I am still pretty amazed at the speed that these irons generate. An 81 mph 7 iron swing generating 115 ball speed is stellar.

B8C77038-286F-4F29-A8FE-F53C484E14CA.jpeg

I am really impressed with the forgiveness of the Paradyms. These irons are the total package for me. I really love hitting these clubs.

Another wet windy day on the course today, and the swing was better, but still a little rough. I tested the forgiveness of these irons all day, and every single poor swing the result was better than I expected. Shot of the day though, was actually a good swing (one of the few on the day) on 18, after a solid drive with the Paradym Core left me with 137 to the flag. Grab PW and catch it clean, flies high and right of the flag, wind pushes it left of the pin. Hits and stops about 12' from the pin. Easy 2 putt par to finish the day is always nice.

I’ve taken my Paradym X irons out twice since I received them and I am in love. I see a huge difference in trajectory. My old box set irons used to basically go straight up in the air and had very little distance. The Paradym X irons have a much more penetrating flight. I’ve seen at least a club if not a club and a half gain in my distance with these irons. I’m hoping to get out a couple times this week and hopefully can dial in distances a bit better. But, so far…wow!

I’ve taken my Paradym X irons out twice since I received them and I am in love. I see a huge difference in trajectory. My old box set irons used to basically go straight up in the air and had very little distance. The Paradym X irons have a much more penetrating flight. I’ve seen at least a club if not a club and a half gain in my distance with these irons. I’m hoping to get out a couple times this week and hopefully can dial in distances a bit better. But, so far…wow!
This above is so true. Such a penetrating flight.

The feel and sound are also something I keep thinking about.

An iron you have to test and demo. But, once you do, you’re going to be a buyer.

This above is so true. Such a penetrating flight.

The feel and sound are also something I keep thinking about.

An iron you have to test and demo. But, once you do, you’re going to be a buyer.
Yes! The sound and feel, just pure and fantastic sounding. Now, I’m not an expert on clubs by any means but these irons are absolutely amazing. I seriously get giddy when I hit a shot with these! They are that perfect!

I cannot get enough of these dang irons. They're so good it's honestly kind of mind boggling. I hit them the best I have yet today on my way to a 79. That was in 15 mph winds where several holes I hit the ball great but was dead into the wind and I ended up just short of the green. This was the most wind I've played in with these so I wasn't sure how to play them yet. Five holes I was just short of the green into the wind and only got up and down on one. I really think I would have shaved four strokes on those other holes. As I figure out the distance in all conditions with these things will only get better.

I’m disappointed to say that after two range sessions, and one round, I am not getting along with these. They may not be in the stable very long. It seems that I just can’t generate enough clubhead speed with these to get the distance improvements. I went to these off of Apex pro 2019. And I am consistently hitting the 2019 Apex pro 5 to 10 yards further. Only thing I can think of is maybe find a ball with a little more spin.

Which also means that when I hit the demo at the local shop, the machine was obviously jacked :D

I’m disappointed to say that after two range sessions, and one round, I am not getting along with these. They may not be in the stable very long. It seems that I just can’t generate enough clubhead speed with these to get the distance improvements. I went to these off of Apex pro 2019. And I am consistently hitting the 2019 Apex pro 5 to 10 yards further. Only thing I can think of is maybe find a ball with a little more spin.
Dang, man. That stinks.
I haven't written much yet because I kind of lost my iron swing lately. I did notive these being longer than the T200, but I've been playing them to my T200 distance because of the crappy swings if that makes sense.

Hopefully it has just been a weird few sessions and turns around for you

I'm right there with you. I was able to demo a set of Paradym irons (6-GW w/Recoil Dart 75 R-flex) for a few rounds, and they simply don't fit my game. When struck well, they are awesome irons, but (like you) I don't have the clubhead speed or consistency to take advantage of them. It's really a shame, because I watched @Doubleb21 absolutely nuke his Paradyms, and I really wanted to game these irons. However, DB21's swing is much more consistent than mine, and he generates a lot more clubhead speed than my feeble efforts. Having said all of that, I would still recommend giving Paradym irons a try before purchasing new irons.

What shafts did you order for the Paradyms? I don’t think it is a club speed issue. If you have enough club speed for Apex Pros, you should see even better ball speed and distance from the Paradyms.

Surprising coming from Pro's. Playing the same shafts and everything?

I played my second round with the paradym irons yesterday. I had a rough round with my swing but I love these irons. I am still trying to get the distances narrowed in but these are fun. I still almost every single time I look at the number on the club and question whether I can actually hit it that far or not and laugh. I just need to change the idea of x iron going about x yards and recalibrate where the irons go.

What ball are you playing? I would think the Apex Pros will spin quite a bit more. One thing I have learned with these irons, in my experience only, so pleased don't take this as gospel, but strikes lower on the face are treated kinder than strikes higher on the face. When I hit them low on the face they still launch quite well but with more spin.

Higher on the face I lose ball speed and spin which makes sense, but it is crazy how good they are low on the face (at least what I am seeing).

Second round coming this weekend, but it’s only Monday and I need to get these on the course.

The wait is killing me. They truly are just fun to play with.

I hope you figure it out i would think you have plenty of speed for the Paradyms.

Shafts???

What shafts did you order for the Paradyms? I don’t think it is a club speed issue. If you have enough club speed for Apex Pros, you should see even better ball speed and distance from the Paradyms.
Kbs Tour 90 in apex and 95 elevate r flex in Paradym

What ball are you playing? I would think the Apex Pros will spin quite a bit more. One thing I have learned with these irons, in my experience only, so pleased don't take this as gospel, but strikes lower on the face are treated kinder than strikes higher on the face. When I hit them low on the face they still launch quite well but with more spin.

Higher on the face I lose ball speed and spin which makes sense, but it is crazy how good they are low on the face (at least what I am seeing).
Pro V one. I even took some pro V oneX out on the back nine yesterday to see if I would get a little more spin but did not.

Pro V one. I even took some pro V oneX out on the back nine yesterday to see if I would get a little more spin but did not.
What about impact location? Any chance you are living high, low, outside or inside on the Paradym's?

I would be lying if I said everything was dead center of the face obviously but the comparisons or flush shots. I will say thinning. The ball has a much better result lol.

Back