Callaway Trade-in Questions

thewilderside

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I will soon have a Max LS that I can trade in. Current value they're offering is $300. A couple questions that I figure someone here will quickly be able to answer. One, how often do they update (drop) trade-in values? Will the Epic line lose it's current high value once the Rogue line is available on the 21st? Second, can you use the trade-in credit on the main site (not CPO) for accessories as well? For example, if I order say new wedges and new balls can I still trade in the driver towards that cart or is it clubs only?

Yes, the trade in value does change but I am not sure of the timing. Secondly, the trade in amount is for the entire cart regardless of the items (only on main site). The trade in amount cannot exceed the current cart amount.

Hope that helps.

Yes, the trade in value does change but I am not sure of the timing. Secondly, the trade in amount is for the entire cart regardless of the items (only on main site). The trade in amount cannot exceed the current cart amount.

Hope that helps.
One more since you seem versed lol. Do you have to do it at the time of purchase or can you trade in now and get credit for future purchase(s)?

Trade-ins must go with a purchase. Again, trade-in amount cannot exceed purchase amount. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if the 150% trade in will happen with Callaway any time soon?

Does anyone know if the 150% trade in will happen with Callaway any time soon?
It varies year to year. Last year it was Mid-February.

If I remember rogue is not replacement for Epic so may not impact values. But I am no Callaway expert.

More questions...does the 150% bonus (if it happens) apply to entire cart as previously mentioned or does that become strictly toward clubs?

More questions...does the 150% bonus (if it happens) apply to entire cart as previously mentioned or does that become strictly toward clubs?

If they offer it, you get 150% of normal value on all traded clubs. They only take trades on a limited number of non-Callaway clubs. Typically, the trade bonus (the extra 50%) does not show up in the cart. They compute it at Callaway.

If they offer it, you get 150% of normal value on all traded clubs. They only take trades on a limited number of non-Callaway clubs. Typically, the trade bonus (the extra 50%) does not show up in the cart. They compute it at Callaway.
You pay full price. Then are refunded the amount of trade-in once your clubs arrive to Callaway

Last year, IIRC, the 150% was only applicable to certain clubs, namely, the apex line.

You pay full price. Then are refunded the amount of trade-in once your clubs arrive to Callaway

Right - the price of the club you are purchasing does not change - it's retail. The 150% is only on the trade, and as you said, you get the credit on the trade later when they review the trade and approve it.

They charge you full price for the club you purchase, and then you get a credit approx two weeks after they receive your traded clubs. I usually purchase their shipping label for $4.95.

They once returned one of my traded clubs - can't remember the reason.

And yes, sometimes they limit the trade based on what clubs they are attempting to sell.

Also, if it matters- when you trade to Callaway, you pay full price and get refunded your trade once it’s processed- figure a month or more.

Cobra, you never get charged the extra amount unless your trade never shows up, or is super late.

For most, it doesn’t matter- but it’s enough to make my old lady complain for a month until the refund hits the card, lol.

Also, if it matters- when you trade to Callaway, you pay full price and get refunded your trade once it’s processed- figure a month or more.

Cobra, you never get charged the extra amount unless your trade never shows up, or is super late.

For most, it doesn’t matter- but it’s enough to make my old lady complain for a month until the refund hits the card, lol.
Wait Cobra has a trade in program too? How did I miss that?

Yes, it’s through budget golf or an affiliate, but the prices are competitive- and better than Callaway in some cases. I have used both several times. Best part with the Cobra program is the trade is deducted from the price of the purchase, and you don’t have to pay the difference unless the club(s) never show, or are late.

Not a big deal for some, but in my case when I ordered Radspeed irons, it dropped my price from around 1000 to around 600. Much easier to get approval from the better half. Lol.

Yes, it’s through budget golf or an affiliate, but the prices are competitive- and better than Callaway in some cases. I have used both several times. Best part with the Cobra program is the trade is deducted from the price of the purchase, and you don’t have to pay the difference unless the club(s) never show, or are late.

Not a big deal for some, but in my case when I ordered Radspeed irons, it dropped my price from around 1000 to around 600. Much easier to get approval from the better half. Lol.

Luckily, I don't have a better half yet. My club buying days will be numbered when I do.

Back