Calling all Acura (especially TLX) owners, please come inside to chat...

mediocrechris

Reaction score
Handicap
I want to get a low price luxury car and I've been considering the TLX. I currently drive a 2011 Accord with V6 and the EX-L trim so the 2018 TLX with a V6 and the advance package is appealing to me.

I'm looking for any and all relevant information you guys can give me about the TLX and about Acura in general. I may not respond to every comment but I'm definitely going to read every one multiple times so please fire away! Especially want to hear about likes, dislikes, problems, customer service, etc.

I want to get a low price luxury car and I've been considering the TLX. I currently drive a 2011 Accord with V6 and the EX-L trim so the 2018 TLX with a V6 and the advance package is appealing to me.

I'm looking for any and all relevant information you guys can give me about the TLX and about Acura in general. I may not respond to every comment but I'm definitely going to read every one multiple times so please fire away! Especially want to hear about likes, dislikes, problems, customer service, etc.
I've driven a 15 or 16 TLX, and depending on what you are looking for it's a very nice car. It really is very similar to a loaded Accord so it won't feel all that different. It has plenty of pep, and handles well enough, but isn't as fun to drive as some other "luxury cars" in a similar price point. But you get alot of doodads and bang for your buck.

If you are looking more for creature comforts and reliability than performance then I'm not sure there is a better bargain out there. The biggest negative I can think of it is going to be replaced next year with a new body style. If buying a new car and then have it look older immediately will bother you you might wait a bit longer.

I've driven a 15 or 16 TLX, and depending on what you are looking for it's a very nice car. It really is very similar to a loaded Accord so it won't feel all that different. It has plenty of pep, and handles well enough, but isn't as fun to drive as some other "luxury cars" in a similar price point. But you get alot of doodads and bang for your buck.

If you are looking more for creature comforts and reliability than performance then I'm not sure there is a better bargain out there. The biggest negative I can think of it is going to be replaced next year with a new body style. If buying a new car and then have it look older immediately will bother you you might wait a bit longer.

What are some more fun luxury cars at the 40k to 45k price point that youl would consider over the TLX?

Its not entirely relevant to this conversation but I'll chime in that I LOVE my 04 Acura TL and I'm going to drive it until the doors fall off.
Great build quality, performance, and comfort all wrapped into one cost-effective vehicle.

Like army mentioned. Might not be relevant. But my Acura TL made it to 290,000. It would still be on the road had it not rotted. My mom drove it for 5 years. My dad for 5 years and me for 6 years. They last forever. I think my model was the first model they ever put a navigation system in. Their stereos are really good. Double wishbone suspension. The car really feels like it sticks to the road

Sent from HTX

What are some more fun luxury cars at the 40k to 45k price point that youl would consider over the TLX?
My top two would probably be a BMW 3 series, or Cadillac ATS. A couple other I would consider would be the A4, C class and IS. A dark horse worth a look would be the Alfa Romeo Guila. That car looks seriously cool, but the unknown reliability would scare the panties off of me if I planned to own it long-term. The TLX will offer a lot more for your money than all of the above, by way of luxury items and room. But they will likely all be sportier with the right options.

I have a 14 328i (replaced by 330i) and I can't say enough positive about it. Not a speedster but feels deceptively quick, despite the TLX having more power it doesn't feel it. It gets fantastic mileage and handles pretty well, helped by the Sport Line which has a tighter suspension. Ive out 83k miles on it and it has been extremely reliable, with the only non scheduled maintenance being a $60 brake light controller.

2013 TSX owner here. Not as truly luxurious as others but very nice, fun car to drive, and not nearly the maintenance expenses as others truly in the luxury sports car class. We've been very happy with it.

Back