Cally Heaven Wood

El Rayo X

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I'm thinking instead of a new shaft for the Apex UW 19* jsut trading it while the 100% bonus is going on.
Paradym Heaven Wood at 43" and 20* might be the ticket.
Who's playing one, or any Heavenwood?

I had already decided I was going to get a 3d paradym 5w turned down to 16.5 and a heaven wood before being selected to the Srixon experience. It was a pretty sweet club. Obviously plans changed.

How do they compare? Heavenward launches easier?

I think the Heavenwood compares very similarly to the Srixon 7w I ended up with. Maybe a bit larger head size. I was hitting it on the sim at PGASS about 220 which is about what I"m seeing from the 7w also.

I don't have a current heavenwood but have one in the past. My son is playing it now and it is tremendously flexible for him. I do find I hit it farther than a 7w. The loft is a bit stronger and the shaft is longer.

I had a Heavenwood for years, and it was my go-to. I replaced it with a HyWood with no regrets, but either way the Heavenwood is a heck of a club. Almost a cheat code.

In my mind the hardest thing about hitting a 3w is shaft length. 43” off the deck no matter the loft is a chore for the avg golfer. I have wanted to love me some HW but they never worked out. I’ve done much better with 7w or a 5w around 42” in length.

I played the epic flash heaven wood and have also moved onto the Srixon 7w for the Srixon experience. Similar clubs. Heaven wood was probably a little bit farther.

I had my Epic Max HW shortened to 42.25" (about standard 7W length) and swing weighted to C9. The shorter length works much better for me, and I found that I didn't really lose any distance because I was able to strike the ball more consistently. It has gone back into my bag.

Just stuck an Epic Flash 43.5" Heavenwood in my bag and so far it's been money. Started at 19* but took it back to 20*. Had to set my 3W at 14.5* from 15*. The Heavenwood is longer than I expected.

Oh, I have a 3HL that I just picked up.
Just curious about the Heavenwood slot in the bag and how folks use it.
Is it a high lofted 5 wood or a longer, higher launching 3hybrid?
I tried a 7wood a while back, but it was too high launch for my game, short and spinny, no matter the shaft.
IMO the HW is it's own club and not comparable. It's 20* and sits at a 5w length. For me and my years of using one it sits between my 5i and either 5 or 3 wood. In terms of launch, that will vary from golfer to golfer, but the sole and the overall construction lend itself to launch fairly easy and forgiving. Bad swings will produce bad shots, but anything decent is pleasantly rewarded and center strikes are just plain filthy. Milage may vary, but in my bag it fits the 190-215 range. To counter the length I built my 5w at 3w length to avoid a gapping issue since I predominantly use my 3w off the tee only.

Dig thorugh the Paradym thread and there is a ton of feedback from various handicaps that should help answer some questions.

I have the Paradym heavenwood and like it alot. It has a bit longer shaft, like 43 inches if I remember right whereas the 7wd is only 42.25 so .75 longer shaft but it flies like a 5wd just longer! :)

I have a Rogue St Heavenwood extended out to 43.5” with a Ventus Blue Velacore shaft. This thing is deadly. My favorite club in the bag. The Heavenwood has a head the size of a 4 wood. It gaps very well with my Rogue St 16.5 3wood. My 3 wood has the same shaft that is extended out to 44”. These clubs are staying in my bag forever.

I'm happy with my Epic Flash HW (set to 21º, and +0.5 inches). I also have an Epic Flash 11-wood (25º, and +0.5 inches).

Thanks for all the replies.
Ordered one with a Kai'ili 60 regular flex on Wednesday.
Should be here next week to battle the 3hy for a spot.

This is tempting when you get 200 bucks for an apex UW especially since I bought it for 180 off cpo :oops:. Why did I have to see this thread

This is tempting when you get 200 bucks for an apex UW especially since I bought it for 180 off cpo :oops:. Why did I have to see this thread
LOL, I got $200 for the UW I paid $125 for

I had my Epic Max HW shortened to 42.25" (about standard 7W length) and swing weighted to C9. The shorter length works much better for me, and I found that I didn't really lose any distance because I was able to strike the ball more consistently. It has gone back into my bag.
That‘s something I’ll keep in mind.

LOL, I got $200 for the UW I paid $125 for
My wife said you're looking at a different version of the same thing. I said don't judge me :mad::D

My wife said you're looking at a different version of the same thing. I said don't judge me :mad::D
That’s OK.
My wife says all 6 of my Anser style putters look the same……

Back