Can’t believe I liked the PXG

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Buddy just bought a set of the 0311 P Gen 5 irons with Dart 75 F4 shafts. I’ve never given PXG much thought or consideration. After hitting his today that has now changed. The 0311 dart combo was really good. Launches high and distance was really good. 8 iron carries of 160 to 165. Still cant believe how much I liked them.

Well, when giving something a chance have an open mind. I had one PXG 0211 driver and I think the shaft is what messed me up. I sold it but looking back I should have just changed the shaft.

Their irons are as good as any.

I got their irons in 2018 and really liked them!!

Not hard to believe at all.

I have 0211 irons and driver now, and I had the first gen 0811X driver. They are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went through a fitting at the PXG store about 18 months ago. It was a good experience, I really liked the fitter.

I bought a Gen 5 0311 driver from them that I played for about 6 months before moving on. I liked the putter that I was using in the lobby so much that I ended up with one of those as well. I just couldn't get there with the irons though. We tried a lot of different combos. He said my current irons fit me really well.

They are definitely worth trying. Two of the guys in my regular group play PXG irons and love them.

There are a lot of people who like them. The had some odd marketing and pricing when they first arrived to the scene. I look at them like Nike. Nike just happened to leave the market when the equipment started getting good

PXG makes some great stuff. I have to pinch my nose a bit with their marketing but they are definitely included in the selection process when it’s time for new irons.

PXG makes some great stuff. I have to pinch my nose a bit with their marketing but they are definitely included in the selection process when it’s time for new irons.

You don't like someone who sounds like Magruff the crime dog yelling at you to buy things?

You don't like someone who sounds like Magruff the crime dog yelling at you to buy things?
Ha! A billionaire that sounds like he ate a bowl of lucky strikes for breakfast.

I was very close to doing an iron fitting with them. I’ve hit them in the past and really liked them but decided to go a different route

I'm pleased with mine. I purchased the irons a month ago and hit them so well, I went back and ordered driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid.

They've come a long way since I used their first irons in 2016. All I see now are excellent reviews, even with woods over the last year or two. My favorite Gen 1 club was the hybrid - with the right shaft, it was awesome.

Been using the gen 6 irons now for a couple of weeks and love em. Went for a black ops driving on Friday, decided to pull the trigger today so hopefully it’ll be in my hands come next weekend. I’ve certainly become a fan.

Been using the gen 6 irons now for a couple of weeks and love em. Went for a black ops driving on Friday, decided to pull the trigger today so hopefully it’ll be in my hands come next weekend. I’ve certainly become a fan.
Did you happen to hit and compare the Gen 5 irons to the Gen 6? If so, was there that much difference in performance?

Did you happen to hit and compare the Gen 5 irons to the Gen 6? If so, was there that much difference in performance?
I didn’t hit the gen 5’s. These gen 6’s were the first PXG clubs I have hit. If you are currently playing the gen 5, I’m not sure the 6’s are massively different though.

If you are military, a veteran or first responder check out PXG's Heros Program. They give terrific discounts on equipment to those who qualify. I have five PXG clubs and love them.

That’s how they hooked me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there are always going to be people who hate PXG bc its PXG, but once you try them out you quickly realize they make great products. I strongly consider them anytime i make an equipment change

I played with a 3 wood of theirs the other day as I didn't have my bag. It was pretty nice! Really liked it. If never given them a try before... Mostly because their owner's attitude turned me off.

I've been loving my Black Ops Tour driver.

Have a friend of mine going to get fitted he wants quality clubs I told him to try pgx as I loved there wedges. He then scheduled a fitting for Monday I can’t see him in gen 6 but definitely gen 5 for the price. I hope he likes them he like Titleist brand but never got fitted so it’s going to be an experience. His current set is pieced together from the 80’s and 90’s and never had anything of his own wife gave him an open checkbook. I’m trying not to have him break the bank with his first set but don’t want crap either. If he don’t like them we can always go to pga superstore ( club champ wanted him to get 8000 dallor clubs so there out) 😱

I know they get a lot of hate from some people on here but PXG makes some fine clubs.

Keeping an open mind is the best!

Back