Can a ball make this much of a difference?

BuffaloPlunger

2024 GolfTEC Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wanted to get some input as I am not a golf ball wiz. Typically I play Srixon Q Star Tour or Titleist True/Tour Soft. Started with the Truesoft yesterday (36 holes) and was driving the ball really well. After losing my last two, I switched to pro v1x for the remaining 27 holes or so and started hitting what felt like an uncontrollable fade. I wasn’t striking the ball as well but never really had the ball fade this much from similar strikes.

Can the golf ball make that much of a difference or am I just getting in my head?

Does for me, can't hit a hard ball.

A ball that spins more is going to exaggerate swing flaws more. There's no such thing as "spin" and "sidespin" being separate from one another - a ball spins on one axis. If you put sidespin on it and it's a higher spin ball, it's going to affect its flight more.

A ball that spins more is going to exaggerate swing flaws more. There's no such thing as "spin" and "sidespin" being separate from one another - a ball spins on one axis. If you put sidespin on it and it's a higher spin ball, it's going to affect its flight more.
I agree. Trackman does show spin and side spin though. I’d imagine what it’s telling you is horizontal spin (90°) and vertical spin (180°). If that makes any sense

I’ve had the same experience with two of those very balls. I lost distance and went further right with the X than the Star Tour. I’ve found a perfect spot with the plane ProV as it stays straighter yet for me and a little longer off the tee.

The ball will definitely make a difference.

Does for me. A Pro V1 I love for shots inside 100 and putting. But Driver? I get more distance from the TM Tour Response. Especially if I nail it. If it’s a shorter hole it’s a Pro V1. Long Par 4s ect it’s the TM ball. They even feel different. Especially with the Driver.

Ive been playing ProvXs with a custom line enhancement. ProvXs feel straighter for me and the line enhancement has been a total game-changer.

Ive been playing ProvXs with a custom line enhancement. ProvXs feel straighter for me and the line enhancement has been a total game-changer.
What is a line enhancement?

Back