Can i Satin-ify a chrome wedge

JNRadio

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I have the Cleveland CG12 in Black Pearl but wasnt crazy that the finish wore off (although JB just pointed out i should have read the small print as that was the design)

Anyway I picked up a CG12 in chrome when their price dropped in prep of the CG15 release, but the chrome on the 12 is not a satin chrome like the 15 it is a mirror chrome.

Its enough to burn you cornea and knock small planes out of the sky on sunny days, hence its not in the bag.

Do you think i can satinify it myself on a bench grinder with a wire wheel or a orbital sander with a fine grit without doing actual damage to the finish? Just want to take the shine off.

Moved to the custom section. You can take finish (even chrome) off with enough effort. Not sure I would alter a club like this without sending it somewhere, but its metal, anything can be done.

Moved to the custom section. You can take finish (even chrome) off with enough effort. Not sure I would alter a club like this without sending it somewhere, but its metal, anything can be done.

Thanks, wasn't thinking of removing the chrome completely so much as put enough very fine scratches in the surface of the chrome to give it a satin like appearance...take the glare off

Light sandblast should knock some of the glare off. I would tape the ferrule up to protect it if you tried.

Back