Tour Event Canadian Women's Open

Cool Course

Very cool course! Rooting for Brooke here!

So is the entirety of Canada 🇨🇦

Looks like a beautiful course! I'm sure Brooke will be a huge crowd favorite.

Brooke wearing eyeglasses now, she seemed a little off today, left several putts 5+ feet short. Shot 3 over 75, she'll need a low number tomorrow to make the cut.

I use to work here, it's a tough course when they let the rough grow in, I may attend this weekend. Still waiting on a few comp tixs :)

Great bounce back round for Brooke today, a clean 4 under 68 jumping her all the way to T12th currently.

A few surprising names below the cut line. Madeline Sagstrom, Ashleigh Buhai, Gemma Dryburgh, Maria Fassi, Bronte Law, Moriya Jutanugarn, Lexi. Maria Fassi has really underachieved since turning pro.

For all our Canadian friends, here's a shot for shot recap of Brooke's round today 🇨🇦

... Maria Fassi has really underachieved since turning pro.

True... Very disappointing but she's fun to watch in person.

For all our Canadian friends, here's a shot for shot recap of Brooke's round today 🇨🇦

It's weird to see Brooke:

a) Wearing glasses
b) Not wearing her usual capri pants

Megan trying to hold on for her first win. JY Ko 1 stroke back... I think the odds favor JY

Khang 2 shot lead, but she found a little trouble on 13. Several good players right on her heels.

Coming down to it, who wants to win Canada's National Open?

JY in trouble off the tee

20230827_185334.jpg

Megan, this is yours for the taking

20230827_185509.jpg

I've been a friend of the Khang family since she was ten years old. She's been a very steady player throughout her career and finally broke through yesterday. I attended a lot of her junior tournaments and you could tell early on that she was someone special. Her father, Lee, didn't start playing golf until his early 30s and is self taught (he's a scratch golfer...we played the other day and he shot -2). He has been Megan's only teacher and has done a remarkable job.

On a side note, I've watched Megan play, I've played golf with her, and in all the years I've known her I've never seen her lose a golf ball. When she was as junior she would only have three golf balls in her bag during tournaments. She played in her first US Women's Open at the age of 14 and hasn't missed one since. Pretty remarkable.

Anyway, I'm very happy for her and her family. (y)

I've been a friend of the Khang family since she was ten years old. She's been a very steady player throughout her career and finally broke through yesterday. I attended a lot of her junior tournaments and you could tell early on that she was someone special. Her father, Lee, didn't start playing golf until his early 30s and is self taught (he's a scratch golfer...we played the other day and he shot -2). He has been Megan's only teacher and has done a remarkable job.

On a side note, I've watched Megan play, I've played golf with her, and in all the years I've known her I've never seen her lose a golf ball. When she was as junior she would only have three golf balls in her bag during tournaments. She played in her first US Women's Open at the age of 14 and hasn't missed one since. Pretty remarkable.

Anyway, I'm very happy for her and her family. (y)
That's awesome, and congratulations to Megan on her win!

Back