Cancelling U.S. Handicap account

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know a lot of members on THP get their handicaps through US Handicap. It was a good affordable option that worked great for members who don't have a club where they can get a handicap. The website and app were great, until the WHS kicked in. A lot of the functionality of the app has been lost, and their once very responsive support is nonexistent. This brings me to cancelling your paid membership, which renews annually. There is no means to cancel on the website, and the support and FAQ are of no help. Some people have been cancelling their credit cards to stop the charges, but that is extreme. Despite all of this, I was able to cancel my auto renew, which wasn't due until May, but it took OVER A MONTH to do so. I sent an email to support asking to cancel, or I would dispute the charge in May. A month later, I got an email from membership@ushandicap.com informing me my auto renew was cancelled. I would email this address if you want to cancel your membership.

TLDR: US Handicap has gone downhill. Cancelling is difficult. Email membership@ushandicap.com to cancel but be prepared for a long wait it kicks in.

I am glad you got it sorted out, but that is dreadful and shameful that it is being handled that way.

It really is. I seem to remember some association with THP in the distant past too.

It really is. I seem to remember some association with THP in the distant past too.

The association was less about working together and more about a solution. We got a lot of requests for a handicap service that would be official. We spoke to a lot of places and US Handicap said they offered it for no charge to us, if we would carry their tee time booking service in our menu bar. We agreed.

About 4 years ago, we removed all of it because of some issues with the handicap service. One thing they always had was good communication with the people here. Hearing that has gone downhill is just terrible.

The association was less about working together and more about a solution. We got a lot of requests for a handicap service that would be official. We spoke to a lot of places and US Handicap said they offered it for no charge to us, if we would carry their tee time booking service in our menu bar. We agreed.

About 4 years ago, we removed all of it because of some issues with the handicap service. One thing they always had was good communication with the people here. Hearing that has gone downhill is just terrible.
Thanks for the clarification. Obviously long enough ago for me to forget all the details!

The lack of communication is really shocking. It used to be so much better.

Reactions: JB
Back