roberts9

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm thinking of replacing my Nike CCI Forged irons with either the mach speeds or full cavity victory reds. Any input would be appreciated. I demod them both and wish I could just get both sets.. lol

I had the Machspeeds before the X-24's and really cant say anything bad about them. Theyre great irons. Forgiving, good distance and still workable. Cant go wrong with the Machspeeds if you ask me.

We reviewed both sets on the home page. They are both very good iron sets, but I think they are also very different. Both are quite forgiving, but I would say the MachSpeeds have diferent ball flight. Higher to me. I would also tell you they are significantly longer.

JB, would the Nike VR Split Cavities be closer to what hes used to? I think I would recommend them, unless hes looking for more forgiveness. The machspeeds are forgiving as sheesh, and long too!
We reviewed both sets on the home page. They are both very good iron sets, but I think they are also very different. Both are quite forgiving, but I would say the MachSpeeds have diferent ball flight. Higher to me. I would also tell you they are significantly longer.

hit the machspeeds once and they felt very good

JB, would the Nike VR Split Cavities be closer to what hes used to? I think I would recommend them, unless hes looking for more forgiveness. The machspeeds are forgiving as sheesh, and long too!

They might be, but he didnt ask about them. If someone can play with a more forgiving iron, I say go for it (as I did), in most cases it will only help.

I did look at the splits, but wanting something with forgiveness. Hit them both again today but I was on my pain medicine and didn't really make a decision yet. While the VRs look more traditional, I really like the machspeeds.

Back