Car dealer advertising on my car

Same. I see people’s point but that is too much effort for me.
Its just such a quick easy ask of your sales person. Never was an issue when I asked ahead of delivery.
Takes a lot of effort to make the money. ;)

Its just such a quick easy ask of your sales person. Never was an issue when I asked ahead of delivery.
Takes a lot of effort to make the money. ;)

I guess situational effort, and the fact I don’t really care.. haha

Never cared one bit. Doesn't bother me at all.
I don't really even pay attention to it. I think I still have the dealer's license plate brackets on my truck, 10 years after I bought it. I don't think they put stickers on the vehicles they sell, but to be honest I couldn't even tell you if mine has one without walking out to the garage and inspecting it right now. I've never had to deal with a dealership that puts the metal/plastic badges on vehicles, but if it wasn't intrusive and blaringly obvious I'd be hard pressed to care about it.

I'm funny with cars/trucks. I've dumped all kinds of money into customizing my Polaris RZR UTV, but my trucks usually stay box stock the whole time I own them. No aftermarket wheels, lift kits, stereos, grilles/bumpers, none of that stuff. The only thing I insist on is a spray-in bedliner, that's a must on every pickup truck I've owned.

I won't make the advertising part of the deal with a dealership... but if I don't like the license plate bracket, I'll take it off... the same thing goes for stickers or placards. Some of them are not too prominent... but a local dealership used to use a metallized plastic badge that was fairly large and annoying. Those come off with some dental floss and adhesive remover.

3M makes an eraser that can fit into an electric drill designed for removing vinyl and pinstriping and such... those make short work of the appliques a lot of dealerships use.

i tell them no, and if its already there it comes off the moment i get home. nor do i want your license plate cover. its all tacky looking..

Not sure I've ever bought a car with anything other than a license plate holder. I don't really like holders much anyway, so I remove those. Never had those stuck-on dealership name things.

I don’t worry about it. It’s too trivial to me.

Back