Carry bag or push cart?

Definitely a pushcart. I’ll carry a light bag for 9 every now and again but mostly I prefer the bigger bag on my clicgear.

Push cart. I used to carry (still do occasionally for a quick nine) but once I purchased a good push cart it made all of the difference.

I've always been a lightweight bag carry guy since I started playing, but this winter I finally bought a pushcart and I've got to say I feel ready to keep going after my rounds now instead of falling asleep on the couch (y)🤘:cool:

Maybe one good result to come out of all this COVID crap will be golfers getting back to the roots of walking as an integral part of the game ... Who am I kidding?! As soon as carts are available again, all these new lightweight bags and pushcarts will find a place in the garage or basement.

I had to go in the basement and dust off my Bag Boy Golf- Express DLX Pro Push Cart. Works great. Just glad to get out and play....

depends for me on a few things:
1) weather -- In Houston i'm not carrying my bag in July. But if we get spring/fall days in the 70's its nice for a quick round
2) course elevations -- If your course is seriously hilly a push cart may make it a bit easier, but make sure you like the breaking mechanism.
3) conditions -- if ground is supper wet/soggy i'd rather carry than push my cart though all that garbage.

Carrying your bag really isn't that bad, you'll take out a lot of unnecessary crap, and after 3 rounds your probably used to it. I enjoy it, plus then you can count it as better exercise :giggle:

I've always been a lightweight bag carry guy since I started playing, but this winter I finally bought a pushcart and I've got to say I feel ready to keep going after my rounds now instead of falling asleep on the couch (y)🤘:cool:

Maybe one good result to come out of all this COVID crap will be golfers getting back to the roots of walking as an integral part of the game ... Who am I kidding?! As soon as carts are available again, all these new lightweight bags and pushcarts will find a place in the garage or basement.
on the plus side, i bet all of us walkers can upgrade our push carts on the cheap in a bout 4 months. :ROFLMAO:

Now that I am 50 I will take a push cart all day. I carried my bag for the first time in a few years last week and it wasn't fun. not to mention my legs were shot the next day.

I keep looking at the motorized carts and can see getting on in the next year or so.

Single-strap carry bag (MacKenzie Waxed Canvas) with 7 clubs. At 74, this is the perfect setup. I might give up 2-3 shots over 18 holes, but the simplicity is more than enough compensation.

Pushcart is easier on the body and you can fit more

carry bag can be lighter

Back