Cart Bags oh my!!!

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
SO i have a carry bag that is still in solid shape, but I find myself riding more often in the GA heat than walking. So I am on the hunt for a really good Cart bag. I have seen positives about the TMAG Supreme, and Callaway Org 14, but want your thoughts.....

Things I care about....
-This will be 100% Riding Cart only.
1. Protecting my clubs/grips (so dividers)
2. I use an oversized putter grip and mid-size everything else (so that comes into play with dividers.)
3. Able to embroider it (makes it a business expense)
4. Cooler pockets that make sense (the more the merrier)

I don't use the large pockets for much, so its more functional use for class, markers, and basics.

I don't need something with a "brand" on it. I will drop the money for something good.

BONUS: Anything supporting the Military/Patriotic... (just looks like the Black OPs bag from OGIO doesn't measure up well from reviews.)

I would highly recommend the Sun Mountain C130. Best bag I have ever had.

I have the OGIO Chamber bag from couple of years back, best protection for the money IMHO. Not too sure about the new Silencer cart bags they have, but if you can find one of the older versions online, they are pretty good.

Which year model? I was looking at it, but it doesn't look like it can be branded/embroidered.

I hunted for the same thing last year and got down to the ORG 14 and the C130.

You can't go wrong with either. I bought the Org 14 for the BLACK CAMO pattern.

That said...I'm going back to a stand bag for my next one. CART ONLY with no stands is a PITA. I'm always worried about it falling over and it has a couple of times so now I pretty much always lay it down. Not having stands is a hassle at the car, at the range, next to the putting green.... Yes you can lay it down, on the wet grass or blacktop. Sometimes they have bag stands on the range. Next time out look at how many times you use the stand...before or after the cart.

Just something to think about before you pull the trigger.:D

Good Hunting

Edit: There is a "deal" posted in the deal thread from 8/9 on '17 Org '14's for $158 -if you want to test the water for less. ;) #13549

Last edited:
I've used the C130 in the past, but the thing I didn't like about them was the cooler pocket on one side of the bag. The Callaway Org 14 and Org 15 have the cooler pocket in front and the one in the Org 15 is huge.

The Callaway Org 15 have the cooler pocket in front and the one in the Org 15 is huge.

I have that bag and it is huge. My biggest issue with it is it is tippy when you take your hand off of it. It's fallen in the house a couple of times and dinged up my Epics the 1st trip out.

Which year model? I was looking at it, but it doesn't look like it can be branded/embroidered.

I have the '16. Ordered it through my club and it came with only club (no Sun Mountain) logos.

I have that bag and it is huge. My biggest issue with it is it is tippy when you take your hand off of it. It's fallen in the house a couple of times and dinged up my Epics the 1st trip out.

I was looking at that one as well. I love the cooler pocket in the front, and I usually have 2 standard sized gatorade bottles with me frozen. I may have to look into a way to get my company logo on the bag to classify it as "advertisement".....

I hunted for the same thing last year and got down to the ORG 14 and the C130.

You can't go wrong with either. I bought the Org 14 for the BLACK CAMO pattern.

That said...I'm going back to a stand bag for my next one. CART ONLY with no stands is a PITA. I'm always worried about it falling over and it has a couple of times so now I pretty much always lay it down. Not having stands is a hassle at the car, at the range, next to the putting green.... Yes you can lay it down, on the wet grass or blacktop. Sometimes they have bag stands on the range. Next time out look at how many times you use the stand...before or after the cart.

Just something to think about before you pull the trigger.:D

Good Hunting

Edit: There is a "deal" posted in the deal thread from 8/9 on '17 Org '14's for $158 -if you want to test the water for less. ;) #13549
Maybe try the C130S. I love mine. Best of both worlds.

At least take a look at the Ping lineup. Pioneer, DLX and Traverse II all great cart bags, rated 1,2,3 for 2017 by My Golf Spy. Big cooler pockets, bottom ball pocket panel zips off for embroidery.

Maybe try the C130S. I love mine. Best of both worlds.

That is the only other bag I have considered buying. I like the Org14 (I love the camo) because of the notch in the base that keeps it from twisting on my clicgear. At this point I usually just pull my push cart out and set it up when I go to the range.

At least take a look at the Ping lineup. Pioneer, DLX and Traverse II all great cart bags, rated 1,2,3 for 2017 by My Golf Spy. Big cooler pockets, bottom ball pocket panel zips off for embroidery.

I saw that as well. I found it a bit strange that ping would have the top 3 spots and none of the other ones here could beat them out. Thought maybe some biased reviewing was being done. I will consider them tho for sure

I saw that as well. I found it a bit strange that ping would have the top 3 spots and none of the other ones here could beat them out. Thought maybe some biased reviewing was being done. I will consider them tho for sure

I had that thought as well, but they show criteria for each bag and say they did thorough research. A few bags missing apparently did not want to participate.

The Traverse bag is really nice for push carts, can't comment about riding carts.

Dave

Ping Traverse for push carts and drive carts. Pioneer is awesome as well but better for riding carts.

C130 all day long. I have had mine for four seasons now and i still love it!

I just purchased the Bag Boy Reveolver LTD and LOVE IT!!!!!!! It has a large cooler for our hot summer days ( as a fellow southerner in SC). Large pockets for balls and I also have a extra large putter grip and it fits nicely in the putter hole.

...and the 2018 version is even better. Sold 2 of the dozen we got in the other day before I could get them on the shelf.

...and the 2018 version is even better. Sold 2 of the dozen we got in the other day before I could get them on the shelf.

What are the improvements?

As far as cart bags go, I am curious if people have tried the Benningtons? I read good things about them being no chatter but the descriptions on their site are really poor on the information part.

I went and looked at bags Sat and am having trouble finding one I like . I really don't like the idea of graphite shafts rubbing up against the plastic molded handles a lot of them have now.

Ping Traverse for push carts and drive carts. Pioneer is awesome as well but better for riding carts.

Just saw today on the GG website that they still have some of the older Pioneer bags, now marked down to $120. Looks like limited color choice.

+1 for sun mountain c130. i got mine practically brand new from craigslist for $80. literally satisfies all your criteria. looks very sharp. and it stands up on its own very well; actually only time its ever fell over is when my brother almost ran over it with the cart

iTNDaWW.jpg

Back