Casual OEM Apparel

ryang13

Wristy McWristFace
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.0 GC
Why don't more equipment OEMS do casual logo'd apparel IE t-shirts/hoodies? Is this something you'd wear?

Last edited:
Why don't more OEMS do casual logo'd apparel IE t-shirts/hoodies? Is this something you'd wear?
I have a couple Mizuno long-sleeve tees with a hood on them. Absolutely love them.

Definitely agree, wish there were more options.

Puma has logo hoodies.

I would like to venture more towards casual OEM clothing, but I'm also a cheap bastard and don't want to pay $25+ for a tee shirt. I have picked up a few on sale, though.

I’m not a big logo guy so no I would not wear them.

I was talking more like Cobra/Callaway etc.
They probably don’t because several equipment OEMs own or are sister companies with apparel firms. they would rather that the apparel brand is emphasized.

They probably don’t because several equipment OEMs own or are sister companies with apparel firms. they would rather that the apparel brand is emphasized.
This is what I was thinking as well. I would love to have a hoodie from every OEM I play.

Why don't more equipment OEMS do casual logo'd apparel IE t-shirts/hoodies? Is this something you'd wear?
I’ve got a few, some companies do it here and there. Have a couple TT shirts and a golf pride long sleeve tshirt hoodie

Setting up a clothing line is expensive. It is much better for an OEM to buy or partner with a clothing line for casual stuff. A Callaway or Titleist or Cobra fan won’t often rush out to buy a t-shirt from an OEM they don’t use. Many don’t have as much a problem wearing a Travis Mathew or Puma t-shirt regardless of what they have in the bag. Except @Jank because he apparently buys his golf t-shirts at Goodwill

I’ve got a few I believe I have Srixon, Callaway, Mizuno, Ping. I wish they made more as well as some make so humerus stuff.

I no longer do logos so not for me, but there was a time I used to and there’s definitely a market for them. I use to enjoy wearing the Nike golf tee’s.

Setting up a clothing line is expensive. It is much better for an OEM to buy or partner with a clothing line for casual stuff. A Callaway or Titleist or Cobra fan won’t often rush out to buy a t-shirt from an OEM they don’t use. Many don’t have as much a problem wearing a Travis Mathew or Puma t-shirt regardless of what they have in the bag. Except @Jank because he apparently buys his golf t-shirts at Goodwill
Screen printing is relatively cheap on a large scale 🤷‍♂️ . I'm curious why hats seem to be prominent from every OEM but nothing else that could be an easy add-on to an online order etc.

I might wear something like a hoodie or t-shirt if they were really cool designs, but mostly I'm too cheap to pay golf OEM prices for casual wear.

Back