Changing Lofts on JPX 800's Possible ??

rrpruett

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if anyone has tried to change the lofts on the mizuno JPX 800. I read the Mizuno website and it says that it can not be changes since they are cast clubs i assume not forged. I have a gap between my 6 iron and my 5 hybrid. I want to strengthen the loft of my 6 iron if possible. I hit the ball very high but not very long.

just wondering if it is possible but maybe not recommended. I need another 5 to 7 yards out of it.

You can bend them a degree or two. One of our playing partners bent the lie angle of his 1 degree across the board with no issues

You can bend them a degree or two. One of our playing partners bent the lie angle of his 1 degree across the board with no issues

Thanks JB. Do you know what a degree or two does for distance on average. Im not sure if my local pro shop will bend them since Mizuno does not recommend it. but ill check.

Thanks again.

Thanks JB. Do you know what a degree or two does for distance on average. Im not sure if my local pro shop will bend them since Mizuno does not recommend it. but ill check.

Thanks again.

That would depend on the person I believe.

True. I looked up the difference in loft between my 7 iron (33*) and my 6 iron (29*) I hit them about 15 yards apart so if I can adjust them 2 deg that would equate to about 5-6 yards. That would be great. Ill take them in and see if they will change them. Thanks again.

Back