Mizuno Blue

Reaction score
Handicap
Bandit
I'm removing my current DG S300XP shafts in my MP-52's and replacing them with the Nippon N.S 950 Pro stiff. Is anyone using these shafts and if so, how are you getting on with them and what did you change from and what difference in flight & feel are you experiencing?

Thank you in advance

Guess that's a no then :disapointed:

Give it a little time, I suspect the people in the know just haven't seen the thread yet.

My brother plays the 950 Pros and likes them, but I haven't swung them yet myself. Sorry dude, wish I could be of more help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I've got a cousin who put in some N.S Pro 950GH stiff shafts in his irons and he loves them. They launch a little higher for him and he's gained one club length in distance.

Guess that's a no then :disapointed:

I wanted to help, but can't because I've not hit the two side by side.

Are you talking the old XP's or the new generation (XP95 and XP105). I believe the older generation was heavier.

I've hit the Nippons and they were fine. I'd take KBS Tour 90's over them just because I love the way that shaft feels.

My brother plays the 950 Pros and likes them, but I haven't swung them yet myself. Sorry dude, wish I could be of more help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Not a problem, thank you for taking the time to respond :thumb:

I've got a cousin who put in some N.S Pro 950GH stiff shafts in his irons and he loves them. They launch a little higher for him and he's gained one club length in distance.

As I have the DG S300XP currently which launch higher than the standard S300, I'm looking for a lower trajectory.

I wanted to help, but can't because I've not hit the two side by side.

Are you talking the old XP's or the new generation (XP95 and XP105). I believe the older generation was heavier.

I've hit the Nippons and they were fine. I'd take KBS Tour 90's over them just because I love the way that shaft feels.

The old XP's, their designed to launch higher but due to changes I've made to my swing through my pro I don't need the XP shaft to help in that way now so been advised to look at and try the Nippons, which will be much lighter also I'm told.

I actually removed KBS tour shafts for the DG S300XP's and noticed a much better feel instantly, hopefully the Nippons will be a further improvement :confused2:

Right on man. Hopefully they do the trick.

The old XP's, their designed to launch higher but due to changes I've made to my swing through my pro I don't need the XP shaft to help in that way now so been advised to look at and try the Nippons, which will be much lighter also I'm told.

I've played both those shafts, and if you're looking for something that's not designed to help the ball get up there, the NS950 might not be what you're looking for. When i got fit for shafts, the 950 was the highest launching of all the shafts I tried. They are a great feeling shaft though.

The Titleist custom shaft book (http://media.titleist.com/images/titleist/pdfs/US/2013/sales/2013_Custom_Options_Book.pdf) agrees with this as well.

I've played both those shafts, and if you're looking for something that's not designed to help the ball get up there, the NS950 might not be what you're looking for. When i got fit for shafts, the 950 was the highest launching of all the shafts I tried. They are a great feeling shaft though.

The Titleist custom shaft book (http://media.titleist.com/images/titleist/pdfs/US/2013/sales/2013_Custom_Options_Book.pdf) agrees with this as well.

Thanks for that, I'll run that by my Pro & fitter.

Back