Chateau Elan Resort & Spa

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As promised during the Titleist T-Series iron event I wanted to write a review of the resort where the event took place. I am sure some of the other guys may have some things to say as well so this will give everyone a spot to share their thoughts.

This resort would be a great place for a long weekend with a few couples or a few buddies who like golf and wine. It would also be a phenomanal, but probably expensive place to have a wedding. The inn was really nice with a large lobby that was great for meeting someone, setting around having coffee, etc. They were remodeling the atrium, but from what we could see behind the curtains it was huge and would easily hold a lot more people. It was going to have a restaurant in it when the remodel is finished. They also had several ball rooms, a full outdoor swimming area, and a really nice fitness room which I used to stretch both mornings. There was a small snack, coffee, and wine bar in the lobby that had excellent coffee. The winery was was a short par 4 (walking distances golfers understand :p) away and had a full service bar and restaurant along with all the tours and wine making education stuff. The restaurant there was where we had dinner the first night and we all really enjoyed it.

The rooms at The Inn were great, I would give them a 4.5/5. The beds were a bit soft, but the rooms were newly remodeled and had everything you would expect in a modern hotel. The bathroom was large and easy to use.

As for the golf, I would give the resort a 5/5 here. The range was in excellent shape with plenty of room to move around and allow the turf to heal. They had a really nice putting and chipping area and they had a Dave Pelz short game clinic on site. The clubhouse was really nice with full facilities including a restaurant and locker room with showers and changing area. The restaurant was a sports bar type setup which is where we ate the second night and I loved it. The 2 courses were both in excellent shape and well designed. The Chateau course was in the valley along the creek that wound through the property and had some up and down. It was a bit more open and had the new ultradwarf Bermuda greens that seem to be gaining traction in the south. They are an excellent surface as the rain was pouring down and these things were still hard and fast, which blew my mind. The Woodland course was much more up and down and kind of wound around the hills surrounding the property. It was tighter, but much more scenic. The greens on it were bent grass and played and rolled as expected. They were much more receptive and a tad bit slower than the Bermuda even though the rain had stopped and the course had mostly dried back out. The par 3 course was not as maintained as the rest of the resort, but it was plenty nice enough and for resort guests the price was right (FREE!!!). Definitely a great way to spend an hour or so in the afternoon.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The renovations that Troon has made over the past 2 years have really elevated the golf portion of the resort.

My wife and I have also done the cooking classes which are a lot of fun and can help appease an audience not so focused on golf.

So glad you had fun. We sure did as well.

Great write up @DataDude! I agree with everything you posted.

@chasDog and I visited Paddy's Pub one evening and they had a singer. The place was hopping on a rainy Friday evening. The resort has a fanstastic collection of dining options. Add golf, cooking & wine classes to the mix and there's no reason to leave the resort.

The courses are next to one another but there's a noticeable style difference between them. (y) (y) There's also an 18-hole private course on the property plus the par 3 mentioned above.

My gal is very interested in visiting Chateau Elan in the near future. April?!?!?! She enjoys wine tasting, cooking classes, and would play the par 3 course and/or hit balls at the range.

I think you are right, it’s a great place to go for a vacation like that. I was super impressed, even with the new Bourbon place was not open yet.

Back