Checkered Does Tucson

checkered

Team Paradise - 2023 Morgan Cup Champions!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
As many of you know, in a couple of short weeks here, I'll be heading to Arizona to tee it up with the AZTHP crew for their League Championship. I figured I should get a post going to share a little of my last bit of prep and the journey to AZ. I want to first give a huge shout to the entire AZTHP crew and especially @Wildcat4life for making this happen. I'm super excited to get down there!!

A little about my game right now. I haven't been able to play a lot lately, and my swing shows that. I'm currently at a 26.9. Driver has traditionally been the cause of most strokes, but lately I've fought a number of bad things in my swing. Really need to get a couple lessons, but that's a different story. I will have one round this coming weekend, but mostly I'll be swinging into my net in the backyard and hitting the range over the next couple of weeks. The last couple of rounds have been really up and down. My chipping hasn't been great, but I've been working on that and feeling better with it now. Driving has actually been much better, so I feel good about not making a total azz out of myself down there, but there's no guarantees. :LOL: It *will* be fun though regardless.

I am going to be working on a couple things really obvious I've got going wrong, but don't want to try to change too much in such a short time. So, here's a couple videos of the ugly ass swing I've got at the moment... (don't mind the ghetto looking yard and net set up).

This is going to be a blast for me, looking forward to bringing you along.

*CONTEST* I'll pick up a couple things from the pro shop to give away.

Guess my Saturday round score. Will be playing Sewailo Golf Course assuming the jade tees which appears to be 69.1/124 rating 6341 yards
Tie Breaker guess how many balls I lose on the Sunday 9.
Will take entries till Midnight Pacific on 10/4.

My last 3 18 whole scores have been 99 (67.2/128 rating), 114 (70/129 rating), and 100 (66.3/121 rating) and my last 3 9 hole rounds (in sept/oct) have been 48, 47 and 50. In case that helps anyone with their guesses. :)

Last edited:
Can’t wait to have you. @Nessinator has been cleaning up the house in anticipation

Looking forward to seeing all you guys in action on the posts!!πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ

Can't wait for this! So excited for you.

Videos are private btw.

Interesting thread title. As long as this doesn't turn into Debbie Does Dallas I'll continue to follow along.

Looks like your in for a great time with some good people. Enjoy your time in Arizona.

If you can’t have fun at an AZTHP event I’ve done something very wrong. I’m thinking grilled carne asada tacos for lunch after event.

If you can’t have fun at an AZTHP event I’ve done something very wrong. I’m thinking grilled carne asada tacos for lunch after event.
Your grilled carne asada at #jankfest was freakin' amazing!

Also slight note ……Tucson is spelled wrong. Won’t be the first and definitely not the last.

You will have a blast with this group but you already know that. Look forward to following along with ya.

Also slight note ……Tucson is spelled wrong. Won’t be the first and definitely not the last.
@checkered thought he was going to Italy. Now you spring this on him that he is actually going to Tucson? :p

Can't wait. It will be a fun follow

Can’t wait to have you. @Nessinator has been cleaning up the house in anticipation
Don't stress too much on my account! I understand though.

Can't wait for this! So excited for you.

Videos are private btw.

Interesting thread title. As long as this doesn't turn into Debbie Does Dallas I'll continue to follow along.
Thanks for the heads up on the vids...missed that setting....and yeah, I promise nothing, but please do follow along. :D

As many of you know, in a couple of short weeks here, I'll be heading to Arizona to tee it up with the AZTHP crew for their League Championship. I figured I should get a post going to share a little of my last bit of prep and the journey to AZ. I want to first give a huge shout to the entire AZTHP crew and especially @Wildcat4life for making this happen. I'm super excited to get down there!!

A little about my game right now. I haven't been able to play a lot lately, and my swing shows that. I'm currently at a 26.9. Driver has traditionally been the cause of most strokes, but lately I've fought a number of bad things in my swing. Really need to get a couple lessons, but that's a different story. I will have one round this coming weekend, but mostly I'll be swinging into my net in the backyard and hitting the range over the next couple of weeks. The last couple of rounds have been really up and down. My chipping hasn't been great, but I've been working on that and feeling better with it now. Driving has actually been much better, so I feel good about not making a total azz out of myself down there, but there's no guarantees. :LOL: It *will* be fun though regardless.

I am going to be working on a couple things really obvious I've got going wrong, but don't want to try to change too much in such a short time. So, here's a couple videos of the ugly ass swing I've got at the moment... (don't mind the ghetto looking yard and net set up).

I'll figure some sort of contest to do with this in the next couple of days, so I'll add that info here once I figure it out. This is going to be a blast for me, looking forward to bringing you along.

Don't worry ghetto fits in well in Tucson. :ROFLMAO:

FML I'm the king of typos...was too concerned about what I was gonna say and didn't double-check. I'm sorry!!!

I'll figure some sort of contest to do with this in the next couple of days, so I'll add that info here once I figure it out. This is going to be a blast for me, looking forward to bringing you along.

Duuude. Is that a tarp behind the net? That sounds badass! Every home setup needs that sound. Awesome.

Really looking forward to seeing the fun you have with the desert lunatics!!

FML I'm the king of typos...was too concerned about what I was gonna say and didn't double-check. I'm sorry!!!
Everyone does it. Not a problem

Duuude. Is that a tarp behind the net? That sounds badass! Every home setup needs that sound. Awesome.

Really looking forward to seeing the fun you have with the desert lunatics!!
haha, yes it is. I put a ball through the net with driver once, so wanted to have something just in case behind there.

would one of the staff be so kind as to fix the spelling on Tucson for me please??

Can't freaking wait for this!!! With your travel bag and my clubs in the back seat of the Alfa, it's going to look like we have a body stashed back there on the way out of the airport. :ROFLMAO:

Getting so excited to finally meet and play golf with you bro.

What a great group to be meeting up with! This should be a fun follow!

You are going to have an awesome time with the AZ Crew!

Back