Checking in from Las Vegas, NV

I’ve played lvgc more than I care to admit. A buddy used to run their cart barn. It can be a bit boring but is cheap and a decent place to tune up your game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, ive played a fair amount of the old course.. LVGC included. for most of them it's once you've played them, you dont need to play them again.

Welcome to THP. I am a fan of TPC Vegas

Welcome to THP. I am a fan of TPC Vegas

Yeah... that is a gorgeous cource... i'm still trying to get on TPC Summerlin, (Private TPC course in Vegas).

Welcome from northern Michigan! I think my favorite in Vegas that I can remember are the piute courses

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Welcome from northern Michigan! I think my favorite in Vegas that I can remember are the piute courses

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Yeah... those are gorgeous sans the wind

It's perfect weather for Golf... in Las Vegas. What's your favorite Vegas course. Mine to date is Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Cheers,
Christopher

The guys in places like Wisconsin and Canada are going to hate that comment. But welcome to THP. As for Vegas courses. I haven't played enough courses there yet to form an opinion on a favorite.

Christopher,

Welcome!

I live out in Summerlin. Typically play Eagle Crest, Highland Falls, or Palm Valley. All are in Sun City technically, have a lot of seniors, but are typically in fantastic shape. Great community feel and friendly. Lots of locals who actually care for their courses and repair ball marks and divots (mostly). Below is a pic from yesterday at Highland which just opened from overseeding. It’s one of my favs!

Arroyo is a great course, Siena is so-so, and I pretty much avoid Angle Park due to unfriendly staff, high turnover of visitors from the Strip, and higher fees. Played LVGC and I like it, another is Painted Desert which can be a little pricey at times, but it’s fun.

Anyway. See ya around!

B66B4418-3192-4DC1-A337-227B671914F4.jpeg

Christopher,

Welcome!

I live out in Summerlin. Typically play Eagle Crest, Highland Falls, or Palm Valley. All are in Sun City technically, have a lot of seniors, but are typically in fantastic shape. Great community feel and friendly. Lots of locals who actually care for their courses and repair ball marks and divots (mostly). Below is a pic from yesterday at Highland which just opened from overseeding. It’s one of my favs!

Arroyo is a great course, Siena is so-so, and I pretty much avoid Angle Park due to unfriendly staff, high turnover of visitors from the Strip, and higher fees. Played LVGC and I like it, another is Painted Desert which can be a little pricey at times, but it’s fun.

Anyway. See ya around!

View attachment 35398

I couldnt agree with you more. I've played Gold Summerlin about 4 times this year, (Eagle Crest and Highland Falls), Those two are a great buy, usually around $35 for a local afternoon round.

I've played Arroyo about 4 times this year too. It's a shorter course but i think its dynamic. It's usually in great shape. Siena is hit or miss and i'm not impressed.

Just played Painted Desert last weekend. It's in good shape. It runs a little slow on the weekends but for $40 not bad at all.

I'm an OB card holder so i spend a fair amount of time a Angel Park and Durango hills, (only courses in town that recognize the OB card anymore). They do pack it in over at Angel but i do enjoy Palms course a couple of times a year. The best is to play on a weekday there. I play Cloud 9, (their par 3 course) quite a bit for the short game.

Welcoe to THP! I need to start bringing my clubs more often with me on Vegas trips. I'll be there next weekend, and again 2 weeks later. Unfortunately, they're both wife type trips and I again won't be bringing my clubs. I haven't really played much of the nicer courses in Vegas. We do an annual Superbowl trip, but usually stick to the cheaper courses. Highland and Angel Park Mountain are usually our go-to's.

Back