Clermont National

Hoganman1

Reaction score
The former Sanctuary Ridge Golf Course in Clermont Florida which closed last summer is coming back in the Fall as Clermont National. The new owner is refurbishing what has always been a great and interesting layout. I live in Charlotte, but have a vacation home in Clermont and have been playing there for decades. I'm sure the locals and former members are as thrilled as I am that it's making a comeback.

I never played Sanctuary Ridge, but have been there. I didn't even know it had closed for what it's worth. I'm just glad to hear of a course opening in FL rather than closing.

Hopefully it stays in nice shape once it's open and doesn't go super private!

I never played Sanctuary Ridge, but have been there. I didn't even know it had closed for what it's worth. I'm just glad to hear of a course opening in FL rather than closing.

Hopefully it stays in nice shape once it's open and doesn't go super private!
Great point. I hope it stays semi-private too. My guess is it will because it's very close to Bella Collina which is private. I'm not sure Clermont could support two exclusive clubs . However, maybe I'm wrong.

Great point. I hope it stays semi-private too. My guess is it will because it's very close to Bella Collina which is private. I'm not sure Clermont could support two exclusive clubs . However, maybe I'm wrong.

I don't quite think they'd be able to compete with Bella. I don't think that's quite the atmosphere they're going for either. One is in a gated community with homes, the other not so much.

I see the course is now open. I'll be back in Florida in February and cannot wait to play there. I see it's $90 but if it's in great shape,, I'm willing to pay that as the other courses around Clermont are around $65 in the Winter.
Has anyone on this forum played there since they reopened? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I see the course is now open. I'll be back in Florida in February and cannot wait to play there. I see it's $90 but if it's in great shape,, I'm willing to pay that as the other courses around Clermont are around $65 in the Winter.
Has anyone on this forum played there since they reopened? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Have not played it yet, but have heard great things. FWIW, the driving range is really nice and has a Top Golf feel with SkyTrak golf simulators in each bay.

It's a really interesting layout with a lot of elevation changes. I have enjoyed playing there ever since it opened. Unfortunately, it was in terrible shape for several years. I was looking back and the three courses I played most often in the early 2000s were Sanctuary (now Clermont National), Palisades and Sugarloaf Mountain. I'm really glad Clermont National is back because Palisades and Sugarloaf are gone forever.

Just played back2back Collina and CN. During de PGA MerchShow2024.

Not the same vibe at all. They are aiming for popular and less traditional and attention to upscale details.
Very functional renovated clubhouse, nice view, good staff interaction, interesting food offer approach, Firm greens & 10/10 greens side sand traps. New carts. Tee boxes need love but they are going in priority order. Being from the north, mountain golf layout did not phase us. Not you typical flat Florida design. Many target golf tee offs. Put had less blind shots then Collina.
Once the many waste eras are done (this will be costly) landscaping cleaning touches done + ice in carts, trash cans and ball washers, cart girl, properly supplied shop (currently very basic), etc. this will live to its potential and surely create a local buzz.

95$ cart included is a tad steep under current condition. Consider it like a growth donation on a 5 year plan.

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9166.jpeg
    IMG_9166.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9160.jpeg
    IMG_9160.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will take some time for them to get it where they want it. The last time I played there a few years ago it was in really bad shape. I'm so glad it's back I can overlook the issues you mentioned. Looking forward to giving it a go next month.

sounds like i need to add this back to the rotation. i used to love the course. when it first opened it was diamond players club, then quality really suffered and it was rebranded as sanctuary ridge. it just never came back to what it once was. i'm hoping they get it back because it's a super fun layout.

Never played it when it was sanctuary ridge. Given what was right around the corner to it, I opted for Bella every time instead. May just have to 36 it one day during the summer or something and see how it plays.

I played Clermont National yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's in great shape. The greens were fantastic. They've cleaned up a lot of the surrounding areas and rebuilt all of the bunkers. The pace of play was slow, but I played as a single. It's Winter in Florida and we're coming off two solid days of rain. All of the local courses are packed with players. The $96 fee seemed a little steep to me. I still remember playing there for $40 just a few years ago. However, I will play there again on our next trip to Clermont.

Back