Cleveland Launcher CBX Irons

I got to take a 6i fitting head out for spin outdoors this morning against my F9 One Length 6i. I hit the Miyazaki R shaft against the R shaft of the ATMOS shaft in the One Length and I came away impressed. I'm looking to make the switch back to variable length due to struggles with the longer clubs so right now the CBX and Rogue X are on my radar.

I feel like the ball flight on the CBX was much more consistent than the F9 OL. I struggle with hitting thin more often than not and it seems that the CBX is more forgiving low on the face. I was hitting more of a fade with the CBX where I tend to struggle with a bit of a hook on the OL. I'll consider that an issue with the stock fitting head as I would order an extra 1/2" and 2* upright but the CBX definitely seemed easier to get up in the air and visually it appear to fly a bit farther than the OL 6i. I think I'm going to put these in serious ponder mode since I need distance on my longer clubs.

Come on Cleveland, money in hand, in-patiently waiting for the new CBX wedges, and hopefully the Irons get the update as well!

* They have started their products have a 2 year rotation period & a lot of their products are on sale now. Others in here have herd a few rumors as well.

My dad had a new set of CBX Launcher irons 4-DW in his golf stash.

IMG_1701.jpeg

He never played them?
Nope. After he got them, he contracted cancer the first time and apparently they just sit there. He has a new CBX Launcher driver too.

Back