Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges Review Thread

Another great round with these wedges Monday. I am getting so comfortable around the greens with them and getting them dialed in. Had another chip in last round in our tournament. I love the full shots that I get with these, and lately around the greens have been even better than that. I can't decide if I want to make a switch when the Rtx-4 comes out or just stick with these, they are that good.

I have the RTX3-CB 60 and that club has been great for me. So I just purchased the 56 (sand Wedge) and the 52 (attack wedge) to replace my Mizuno JPX-EZ wedges. Not that those have been bad, but the 60 is very good, use it a lot

On the 8th hole of my last round it started pouring buckets and wind was blowing sideways. It was about as close to a hurricane as we'll get in Wisconsin.

I left the clubs in my car for about a week because it kept raining and these are what they look like after a couple shots today. Definitely have to CLR these and start over after the round today.
bc61eb990d03b8d2947a91d4bbbdfeec.jpg
38fb0e4aeae4f5bab1326efe535d7b34.jpg
3800d64432ff384642861b2a9183453f.jpg
453a1b1f1706025f7dcd134f690dba39.jpg
34b43263fcef1b930d3e46128e259c23.jpg
1e55309c6ce2a8e6ed970d25ec2d313b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I played in a club tournament on Friday at Los Serranos South course. I have to say... even when my ballstriking is not so great, I always hit these wedges well. I just have a ton of confidence with them. 3rd hole, i had 118yds left and hit my 56 to 6' and made birdie. 5th hole I pushed a drive way right, had to punch out of the trees, then hit my 60 to 8' from 75yds out... saved par. 7th hole I had 71 yds left and almost holed out with my 60... birdie. On 10, hit my 56 from 119 out. The ball landed 6' behind the hole and spun back to about a foot... kick in birdie. I had a bunch more par saves with these wedges, but these were the highlights. With the RTX4 coming out soon, I'm curious how they could possibly improve from the rtx3. I'm looking forward to comparing them though. :D

Last edited:
I played in a club tournament on Friday at Los Serranos South course. I have to say... even when my ballstriking is not so great, I always hit these wedges well. I just have a ton of confidence with them. 3rd hole, i had 118yds left and hit my 56 to 6' and made birdie. 5th hole I pushed a drive way right, had to punch out of the trees, then hit my 60 to 8' from 75yds out... saved par. 7th hole I had 71 yds left and almost holed out with my 60... birdie. On 10, hit my 56 from 119 out. The ball landed 6' behind the hole and spun back to about a foot... lick in birdie. I had a bunch more par saves with these wedges, but these were the highlights. With the RTX4 coming out soon, I'm curious how they could possibly improve from the rtx3. I'm looking forward to comparing them though. :D

good stuff Kevin

Man I can't stress enough how much I love these wedges. I have been a die hard Vokey guy pretty much since I started playing golf a couple decades ago. Whenever I'd go for a new set of wedges, I'd try just about everything on the market, but would only purchase Vokeys. Having played these RTX3 wedges for a few months now, I'm hooked. There really isn't much I can't do with them. Even with my less than ideal golf swing I've had lately, if I'm inside of about 130ish yards, I have all the confidence in the world with these wedges. I'll say it again... the new RTX4 wedges coming out soon have some big shoes to fill because the RTX3's are awesome.

Man I can't stress enough how much I love these wedges. I have been a die hard Vokey guy pretty much since I started playing golf a couple decades ago. Whenever I'd go for a new set of wedges, I'd try just about everything on the market, but would only purchase Vokeys. Having played these RTX3 wedges for a few months now, I'm hooked. There really isn't much I can't do with them. Even with my less than ideal golf swing I've had lately, if I'm inside of about 130ish yards, I have all the confidence in the world with these wedges. I'll say it again... the new RTX4 wedges coming out soon have some big shoes to fill because the RTX3's are awesome.

Agreed, I don't even know if I'll make the switch because I love these so much.

On the 8th hole of my last round it started pouring buckets and wind was blowing sideways. It was about as close to a hurricane as we'll get in Wisconsin.

I left the clubs in my car for about a week because it kept raining and these are what they look like after a couple shots today. Definitely have to CLR these and start over after the round today.
bc61eb990d03b8d2947a91d4bbbdfeec.jpg
38fb0e4aeae4f5bab1326efe535d7b34.jpg
3800d64432ff384642861b2a9183453f.jpg
453a1b1f1706025f7dcd134f690dba39.jpg
34b43263fcef1b930d3e46128e259c23.jpg
1e55309c6ce2a8e6ed970d25ec2d313b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
That thing looks good, I told myself that I would let mine age "naturally"... but after seeing this I may help it along

That thing looks good, I told myself that I would let mine age "naturally"... but after seeing this I may help it along

I had a 56* degree last year that I ended up aging myself by putting it in water and it turned out really cool. I replaced it this year with another RTX3 and have been letting it age naturally and it's finally starting to show some character after a couple of months. I'm seriously thinking about pushing it along myself to get more rust character built up.

Hit 3 really good wedges today. Really love the feel of these.
31248d03ad18a025c5c7557241cc5a38.jpg
5474d423bd81cdef8b57740315a52afe.jpg
f378de45c4b6b7bacf2099d5c8dda9e7.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Never trust a guy with a rusty wedge!

I made 8 up and downs today, the most I have ever made, and these wedges had a lot to do with it, at least 4 of the up and downs were tap ins.

I'm with you, you each their own,I just don't see the fascination. I like my new stuff to look new
Never trust a guy with a rusty wedge!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can't add anything really useful to this thread.

But I just picked up a 60, 52 and 46 at GG today. They were on sale for $99 per and I had some coupons, rewrd bucks etc.

I tried out 5 or 6 different brands and style of wedges today. I liked some, disliked some, and as soon as I hit these, I fell in love. 20 more shots with the 60 and 46 sold me.

I will be hitting the range tomorrow and breaking these bad boys in.

I can't add anything really useful to this thread.

But I just picked up a 60, 52 and 46 at GG today. They were on sale for $99 per and I had some coupons, rewrd bucks etc.

I tried out 5 or 6 different brands and style of wedges today. I liked some, disliked some, and as soon as I hit these, I fell in love. 20 more shots with the 60 and 46 sold me.

I will be hitting the range tomorrow and breaking these bad boys in.
Enjoy! The RTX are the most consistent wedges I've ever hit. I'm in the process of a swing rebuild and these wedge shots are the only thing keeping me rolling.

I will be looking to change my wedges at the end of this season, so it could be a case of trying both these RTX-3 and whatever they name the new ones and see which work best

I currently have the RTX 2.0 in 48(CB), 52(MB) and 58(MB) degrees and all with the 2-dot bounce but am considering switching it up slightly to go 48/54/60 and sticking with the medium bounce in the 48 and 54 but going with the low bounce option in the 60

It will mean having to adjust to slightly new distances for full shots with the 54 and adjusting slightly around the green with the added loft in the 60

I will be looking to change my wedges at the end of this season, so it could be a case of trying both these RTX-3 and whatever they name the new ones and see which work best

I currently have the RTX 2.0 in 48(CB), 52(MB) and 58(MB) degrees and all with the 2-dot bounce but am considering switching it up slightly to go 48/54/60 and sticking with the medium bounce in the 48 and 54 but going with the low bounce option in the 60

It will mean having to adjust to slightly new distances for full shots with the 54 and adjusting slightly around the green with the added loft in the 60

I am extremely happy with my RTX-3 wedges. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about them. The V-sole really helps with turf interaction, distance on full shots is spot on to what I am used to with my last set of wedges, and the feel at impact is incredible. The new wedges coming out need to be really good if they're going to improve on the RTX-3. They'll be called RTX-4 btw. Name was confirmed during The Gamechanger event a couple months ago. They didn't give us a release date though. They just said later this year.

RTX-3 back in the bag today. They had been on the bench after a couple bad rounds, but I'm excited to get them back out. Full swing distance and accuracy on them are so locked in.

At this point in time the wedges are one of the few clubs that are working almost 100% of the time

I've had mine for most of the year now and am fine with them for full swings, but the v-sole is not the most versatile around the green for opening/closing the face. It's just so much easier to do with more traditional grinds. I'm probably going to keep my 50 in the RTX-3 for now as it still has plenty of life left, but my sand/lob will probably be Vokeys here soon.

these wedges have transformed my game, I am so confident with them, I know I can make an up and down from pretty much anywhere, from any lie.

40 games in with these, my handicap went from 17 to 13, and I know these are a big reason why, because my long game is worse than it has ever been.

I love that they simplify the grinds by offering a low mid or high bounces, I don't care about understanding what is a G or a K grind, just tell me how mcuh bounce it has. I went with a high bounce 54 and a low bounce 60 for versatility and I am a happy camper.

the spin from these is ridiculous on partial shots, and not too much on full shots, I have no issue stopping ship shots, and they don't come back too much on full swings.

one of the things I was worried about it the black finish and I have to say it held up very well. I see some wear on the back end, but nothing abnormal considering I walk and carry most rounds and clubs clang together a lot while walking.

I can't wait to see what Cleveland has in line for us with the new version of this wedge, because this one is a winner

I’ve had mine for almost a year and a half now and I think the only thing getting these out of the bag will be RTX4’s! I’ve pondered a couple different wedges, I just can’t get away from something that’s worked as well as these have and I’m hoping the new model performs the same. If not, I’ll be buying fresh 3’s. :D

I can’t tell you how many strokes these things have saved me over the time that they’ve been in the bag. I think they really nailed the balance in these and they just feel phenomenal in hand. It doesn’t matter if it’s a full or partial swing or a greenside chip, they just flat out work!

I made the switch from RTX-3’s to Vokey SM7’s in the 54 & 60 spots. I’m glad I did and won’t be going back to Cleveland wedges. The v-grind is great for me in full swing clubs, but terrible around greens for anything other than a Stricker style pitch/chip.

I made the switch from RTX-3’s to Vokey SM7’s in the 54 & 60 spots. I’m glad I did and won’t be going back to Cleveland wedges. The v-grind is great for me in full swing clubs, but terrible around greens for anything other than a Stricker style pitch/chip.

It looks like they are resolving that issue with the RTx4's and the grinds they are offering on those, but I can see how the v-sole in the LW spot especially could be bothersome.

It looks like they are resolving that issue with the RTx4's and the grinds they are offering on those, but I can see how the v-sole in the LW spot especially could be bothersome.

That’s been the only spot where I haven’t seen optimal results, but then again I tried another wedge in that spot too and the results weren’t great either. All the pros and cons weighed, the RTX3 won that spot for me.

Back