Club Conex - Yay or Nay?

kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Looking at Club Conex system to try to build some fitting options for my very much in the infancy custom business which Robin Arthur was kind enough to let me run his gear.
Heard issues with swingweight changes etc but unless there is another system out there that's accessible to people on the start of this then I'm all ears.

They will 100% add weight over just the standard OEM adapters. I don’t think there is any other semi universal adaptor out there. You are kinda stuck with it I believe.

Unless you can some how develop your own while not infringing on patents.

Last edited:
I spoke with Club Conex about that, they are saying they bore out the heads to bring the overall swing weight back to as close as manufactured swing weight. That should be fun with out a drill press :oops:

I spoke with Club Conex about that, they are saying they bore out the heads to bring the overall swing weight back to as close as manufactured swing weight. That should be fun with out a drill press :oops:

Do you have a harbor Freight nearby? You can get a simple press cheap there.

Also means a good scale and swing weight gauge to the shopping list...........

Club Conex are very high quality. I used to have some of their 1st Gen stuff and it was good, but nowhere near as advanced as the current stuff.

I wonder how Club Champion addresses the swingweight issue.

I'm wondering if the machine or have the OEM's machine to get in spec. Or, ignore altogether, good question really.

I'm wondering if the machine or have the OEM's machine to get in spec. Or, ignore altogether, good question really.

How much weight are we talking about here?

I couldn't get a definitive answer on irons (close to spec was their answer after machining/boring) but they did say that fairways can get up to weights heavier due to less material to remove.

Last edited:
Well, something must have changed. I just read an article on MGS that says that most should be within 1.5 swingweight points of stock.

Which adapters are you planning to use?

Irons I was recommended to use the Fuse-Fit system, adjustable drivers the Uni-Fit system.

I think the review I read was on the UniFit. I think I'd dry fit them to see how much difference it's gonna make before I started reaming material out of heads.

Also, most adjustable heads have removeable weights, too. You could always buy a lighter weight to compensate.

Club Conex are very high quality. I used to have some of their 1st Gen stuff and it was good, but nowhere near as advanced as the current stuff.

I wonder how Club Champion addresses the swingweight issue.

This is a little bias but I was told by true spec golf - whose parent company owns club connex-
“Club champion uses our system but doesn’t know how to correctly use it...they’re swing weights are all 2-3 points above oem standards....we mill out the exact weight added using a Cnc machine and build to stock oem weights. If we fit you the clubs we built will be exactly the same to the clubs used during fitting....no one in the industry builds to our tolerances...”

Just repeating what I was told. Not my opinion here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a little bias but I was told by true spec golf - whose parent company owns club connex-
“Club champion uses our system but doesn’t know how to correctly use it...they’re swing weights are all 2-3 points above oem standards....we mill out the exact weight added using a Cnc machine and build to stock oem weights. If we fit you the clubs we built will be exactly the same to the clubs used during fitting....no one in the industry builds to our tolerances...”

That's interesting. I specifically asked the guy at CC if they used Club Conex and he sad no. He said they manufacture their adapters in house.

That’s interesting cos Robin also said the same thing with CC and the heavier swing weight. I can’t see a company with patents not having a solution that if you follow ‘manufacturers guidelines’ it will be close enough to OEM specs.

Looking at Club Conex system to try to build some fitting options for my very much in the infancy custom business which Robin Arthur was kind enough to let me run his gear.
Heard issues with swingweight changes etc but unless there is another system out there that's accessible to people on the start of this then I'm all ears.
I've used Club Conex for quite some time. A new system out there is manufactured in China http://www.hnmgolf.com/
Russ Ryden did a youtube video with them a few weeks back. Sounds like a good product.

I use fuse-fit exclusively, total weight is about 10.5 grams. If True Spec is milling that weight out of the head, that's a LOT of weight. I would thing that would change the characteristics of the head.
Sounds like a typical I do it better than the other guy.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

I've used Club Conex for quite some time. A new system out there is manufactured in China http://www.hnmgolf.com/
Russ Ryden did a youtube video with them a few weeks back. Sounds like a good product.

Thanks @clafoone, I’ve been in contact with these guys, seems like a more simple system to use than Club Conex. The issue I see if you have to send all the heads you want to use in the system to them so they can cut the internal thread into the head (~$15-20 a head inc shipping) which obviously also means a delay between being able to use them.

Too technical and complicated for me, but I'm sure learning about a lot of new stuff here.

Getting a quote for 7 of my 6 iron Maltby heads to be threaded and 6 shaft adapters to try it out. Heads need to go to the factory for laser thread cutting so not sure how that will work getting to the post office.

Getting a quote for 7 of my 6 iron Maltby heads to be threaded and 6 shaft adapters to try it out. Heads need to go to the factory for laser thread cutting so not sure how that will work getting to the post office.
shipping to/from China is going to take some time due to the Covid-19 issue. I would think if they would provide specs you could do it in your shop or take them to a machinist.
Just a thought...
I think whatever process you take, the forum would benefit from your feedback.
Good luck

@clafoone I had toyed with the thought of doing that, I think that could cause some patent or copyright issues if I asked them. Shipping delays as well not withstanding I think I'll be holding off on this for now as we get through the current situation (can't really justify $200 on non-critical things).

I use Club Conex for my fitting matrix. With the Uni Fit system there are no issues with swing weight, that's what I use for the drivers. The Faz Fit system is what is used for fairway woods and hybrids and that's where you'll run into some pretty unique issues. I've spoken with a large number of top fitters in the world including TXG and the best way we have found to help is to make fairway wood shafts shorter. Mine are all at 42.5" instead of 43". I also use a little heavier grip in those as well. At the end of the day, I've found that I'm off by a small amount which hasn't really affected much with the final build results. The Fuse Fit system is what I use for the irons/wedges. You do need to cut the hosel of the club and drill out a little. It seems a bit overwhelming at first, but try it out on some clubs that don't mean anything and you'll get the hang of it fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, for fitters that carry multiple manufacturers, there isn't anything else out there that works well. I believe Club Champion is being sued by Club Conex for using a knock off version of their system that infringes on their patent(s). They kind of have a monopoly out there, which hopefully gets resolved over the next couple of years as independent fitters become more popular.

Hi - don't mean to reopen an old thread but .....

I have an older Ping G15 driver head (actually a few of them) since it always becomes my go-to club. So I investigated buying the Club Conex system to play around with shafts on this older non-adjustable club - just for fun but also to maybe squeeze some more performance from it. So bought some Faz Fit House adaptors (two - one for 10.5 degree had and one for 9 degree head) and some shaft adapters - three to start.

Disclaimer - I'm not a club builder but i've done a variety of club work and assembly over time including reshafts etc.

I totally understand the install of the shaft adaptor - logical. But the hosel adaptor has me confused. First, its a very sloppy fit - its a .335 hosel adaptor but seems MASSIVELY sloppy. Second, the actual length of the hosel adaptor extend only halfway into the head hosel - which seems strange. The pictures of installs show that ferrules are also used and if I dry fit with a ferrule, there's only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the adaptor actually sitting inside the hosel.

Now I'm not the sharpest pencil in the case but this seems to be like mission impossible to get the hosel adaptor correctly installed (ie for accurate lie and loft presentation) with this sloppy fit (even with a shim or three) and the low level of adaptor insertion into the hosel makes me feel like I will babe chasing the driver head as it flies off, hopefully not injuring anyone in the process.

Since its widely used at place like TrueFit and CC (I'm in Canada so can't see it in person at this time), pictures are
1) hosel depth comparison - NO ferrule
2) hosel depth comparison - WITH ferrule
3) original club

tempImage66F7lv.pngtempImagegl4XAn.pngtempImageYwl9X0.png
I MUST be missing something.

Can anyone provide advice?

Thanks in advance

Interested in hearing the answer.. I have no idea here other than to think that adaptor is not compatible with that head..

Back