Woziii

Reaction score
Handicap
D784ABBC-5123-4910-BC83-F980FAC392CD.jpeg
I have this Yes Stephanie putter. It throws glare that is distracting. You can see the arc to the left of the center stripe. What is a good way to blacken the first 2” of shaft that doesn’t look too hokey? I don’t want to re-shaft.

grip tape? for a baseball bat.

Maybe the spray-on "Flex Seal" stuff. It should hold up better than tape or flat black spray paint, which would be the other two simplest options. And with a little masking before application, it would look a lot better than having tape wrapped around your club shaft.

Last edited:
Notice it most on my wedges - that's why I'm going with black ones again after this rota

What about black auto primer? Would that hold up very long? Or that black grill paint?
Maybe some electrical tape for the time being?

Through another site I got two more options. There is black shrink wrap tubing they use for electrical work. I’d have to take the grip off. I don’t want to play with that right now.
There’s also a clear matte finish spray that should do the trick. I am going to try that.
thanks for the input.

Most sprays will rub off to varying degrees pulling it in and out of the bag, and not look great in the end. I like @SirShives idea of just rubbing off the chrome glare. Easy, won't look too bad, and won't get worse looking over time.

I'm with @OITW on the black shafts. I've played rounds recently with chrome shafts for the first time in a while, and it's far inferior in this area. Already picked out my next set of black shafts, just need to put them together.

Last edited:
Most sprays will rub off to varying degrees pulling it in and out of the bag, and not look great in the end. I like @SirShives idea of just rubbing off the chrome glare. Easy, won't look too bad, and won't get worse looking over time.

I'm with @OITW on the black shafts. I've played rounds recently with chrome shafts for the first time in a while, and it's far inferior in this area. Already picked out my next set of black shafts, just need to put them together.

Black Shafts Black Heads FTW

Heat shrink?

The heat shrink tubing is a great idea. It would look the cleanest by far, wear the best, and add next to no weight to the club.

Heat shrink?
They are black plastic tubes. You run wires , or in this case, slide it down the putter shaft, then apply heat. It will shrink and conform to the shape of whatever is on it. You’ll find it in the electrical Department.

A better photo

Attachments

• 49D9792E-68C8-44C0-AE51-21BC494464C5.jpeg
    49D9792E-68C8-44C0-AE51-21BC494464C5.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 6
They are black plastic tubes. You run wires , or in this case, slide it down the putter shaft, then apply heat. It will shrink and conform to the shape of whatever is on it. You’ll find it in the electrical Department.

I know what it is (y)

I was suggesting it to be used (y)

I’d be concerned about the shaft rusting once I disrupt the chrome.

Raw looks good if it’s a PVD finish

OEMs that make a DBM finish don’t rust

Scotch tape. Not the clear stuff... the matte finish. It would go on easily and wouldn't look out of place on the shaft. Can be replaced when it wears down..

Sports tape... pick a color and wrap it on. Can be replaced when it wears down..

Black paint. It might have a problem sticking on the chrome..

Reach out to an auto detailer. Maybe they have some leftover black car wrap. ReL cheap for a piece that size

Back