Club lengths in relation to driver

Golds

Reaction score
Handicap
NY Winter
I have been gaming a 45" driver for a couple years now but have always kept my other "metal woods" at standard length. I choke down on my 3 wood and hybrids consistently but I am at a point where I would rather just chop them to have them in relation to my driver. My question is, if I play a 45" driver is there a standard rule of how long the 3 wood and hybrids should be?

my only rule is distant managing, my 5 and 3 had the same length shaft and went about the same yardage, so I shortened my 5 by an 1 1/2 to get a good distance gap between the 2, maybe that helps, I never go by numbers, I go by feel and distance

I have only played one FW at 14 shorter than std and it didn't have a great benefit. I have played drivers anywhere from 45-46" and when playing a 45" driver didn't play a shorter FW. I think it's about what a person is comfortable with and what works best for them

My driver is 42.5", 3 wood 40.25", 5 wood 39.50" and 7 wood 39.25". My hybrids are 38.50" & 37.50". Irons are .50" less than standard. I may have the shortest driver at THP. It all comes down to accuracy for me over distance, and the distance lost is not all the great. It is all about being properly fit for each club.

Driver 45", 3 wood 43", 5 wood 42.5", 4 hybrid 38.75" (I believe)

My driver is 45" and my 3 wood is 43.5" with I would say a solid 20 yard difference off the tee. I do choke down about an inch with the 3 wood and would probably just chop it down in relation to how much I choke down. I was just wondering if there was a standard rule of measure between clubs, like a 3 wood "should" be 2" shorter than the driver. Still pondering the idea because choking down an inch isn't so bad for the time being.

My driver is 42.5", 3 wood 40.25", 5 wood 39.50" and 7 wood 39.25". My hybrids are 38.50" & 37.50". Irons are .50" less than standard. I may have the shortest driver at THP. It all comes down to accuracy for me over distance, and the distance lost is not all the great. It is all about being properly fit for each club.
I played a TM 300 driver with steel shaft a while back at about that length. I took a 7 wood shaft and installed it. Best all around and by far my most consistent driver I ever played.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Driver 44.5 to 44.75", 2 wood 44", 4 wood 42.75" Carry distances are about 260, 245, and 230.

Back