baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
How much does a club's sound play a role in whether or not you are interested?

To piggy back JB.

I see posts all over about driver sound and putter sound, but I could not care less about sound when choosing equipment. 🤷‍♂️

Not really at all. I can only think of one driver (and I can't remember which one) that was just so god awful that I couldn't play it. Most times sound doesn't bother me.

It is a very big deal breaker for me. But, if a driver has other intangibles, I can look the other way. I played the Epic Flash SZ last season. It wasn't my favorite sounding club. But, it performed great for me. So, I took it for what it was. But, I had tried the Ping G30 and G drivers back in the day. And, the performance was not enough for me to get over that one.

I got my Mavrik from The Grandaddy. Getting treated like a VIP for a week and being eternally grateful for that experience aside. I truly think the Mavrik line could be the absolute best sounding/feeling driver I have ever played.

Can sound be good feedback? I think so.

It’s a huge deal to me and the main reason I’m gaming a 3 year old driver after rarely going more than one season with a driver the decade before that. The Epic Flash gave me slightly b letter results than my gamer but the sound was awful.

Sound IS feel.

I’ll always be in this camp, and there are a lot of designers who agree with me.

Is it the only aspect of it? No. But it is by FAR the biggest aspect.

It'd have to be bad to turn me off if the performance was there.

I simply do not care. I will generally comment on the sound when hitting a new club for the first time, but if I like what it's doing, I immediately stop paying attention to what noise it makes.

Back