Clubs for kids - how to determine left or right handed

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
So my kids ages 3,2,1, love playing with my clubs. My wife got a set from Kohl's but it's left handed. I haven't been able to tell which way they swing since they play with them both ways (left and right handed swings). Is there a good way to determine? As a note, dominant hand hasn't really been determined either - they are fairly equal in use on most things.

From my experience in the golf industry and knowing the limited options for lefties compared to righties. I'd try to teach them to play right handed. I'm a left handed person and play golf right handed. It doesn't have any negative effects on my game at all. And if your kids like the game they will thank you later in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give them a shovel and have them try to dig a hole. If they grip with the right hand on the bottom they are right handed if they grip with the left hand on the bottom they are left handed.

Give them a shovel and have them try to dig a hole. If they grip with the right hand on the bottom they are right handed if they grip with the left hand on the bottom they are left handed.

That's not the way I shovel (I am right handed). Maybe that's why I hate shoveling so much!

From my experience in the golf industry and knowing the limited options for lefties compared to righties. I'd try to teach them to play right handed. I'm a left handed person and play golf right handed. It doesn't have any negative effects on my game at all. And if your kids like the game they will thank you later in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought the lefty had an advantage on most courses.

I always thought the lefty had an advantage on most courses.
Why would that be? Only thing I can think of is doglegs and at Dubs there are 5 left and 5 right doglegs.

Why would that be? Only thing I can think of is doglegs and at Dubs there are 5 left and 5 right doglegs.

Probably commentator banter whenever Phil is up at the Tee... lol And my buddy who is a lefty ;)

At that age, i don't believe that it's relevant. Until they start writing you won't really know.

Are they using both hands to color with crayons?

At that age, i don't believe that it's relevant. Until they start writing you won't really know.

Are they using both hands to color with crayons?

Yes and my oldest writes with both. They throw balls with both as well. I'm a righty but do a lot lefty. My wife is the opposite.

Back