Clubs for the girlfriend

Get her started right with some lessons too. I did that with my wife and she is now a pretty good stick.

Just a thought, but if she's a newer golfer and looking for confidence behind the ball, might be worth throwing in a couple of other hybrids in place of the 4i and possibly 5i as well? Certainly a 4i isn't the easiest of clubs to do anything with at the best of times, at least for me..

All of the "irons" are basically hybrids:
s-l300.jpg

Get her started right with some lessons too. I did that with my wife and she is now a pretty good stick.

Yep, the plan is to get her on the range with one of the well known local pros.

Gotcha, apologies I hadn't picked up on the nature of the clubs (y)

No worries, there was no way I was going to put her into a 4 iron even if it was an SGI. The entire set is basically hybrids and woods, haha.

I just bought my wife a driver from golfworks, Maltby M890, 14deg with LL M890 shaft, she isn't swinging above 60mph yet. Had it built to 44.5" but she is just under 5'10,so 45" would probably work.

$119 plus tax & shipping.

The whole M890 line is probably the most affordable for getting into the game.

I just replaced my irons with Maltby irons and added some wedges too. I’m really happy with them, and will be getting drivers and woods soon too.

The M890 is a straight up beginner’s line. Perfect, low investment custom clubs for someone just getting into the game that will either upgrade to something less forgiving soon enough as they improve, or end up dropping the sport without having spent too much. It‘s what I would buy for my wife if I could get her to play.

I just replaced my irons with Maltby irons and added some wedges too. I’m really happy with them, and will be getting drivers and woods soon too.

The M890 is a straight up beginner’s line. Perfect, low investment custom clubs for someone just getting into the game that will either upgrade to something less forgiving soon enough as they improve, or end up dropping the sport without having spent too much. It‘s what I would buy for my wife if I could get her to play.

Ended up paying $75 shipped for a perfectly spec'd great condition Ping G25 so that's better in my opinion since I can flip a nice condition name brand driver pretty easily.

Ended up paying $75 shipped for a perfectly spec'd great condition Ping G25 so that's better in my opinion since I can flip a nice condition name brand driver pretty easily.

To each their own, but when I looked for used clubs before I bought the Maltbys, I couldn’t find anything for a comparable price that wasn’t 10+ years old or beat to hell.

I don’t buy new clubs often either. I don’t care about the resale value.

To each their own, but when I looked for used clubs before I bought the Maltbys, I couldn’t find anything for a comparable price that wasn’t 10+ years old or beat to hell.

I don’t buy new clubs often either. I don’t care about the resale value.

It's not exactly the easiest thing to find, but it was a lucky pick up considering it looks barely used with no sky marks. And it's a G20 not G25, don't know why I keep thinking to add the 5.

Ended up ordering a set of Adams idea hybrids/chunky irons for a good price to finish off the set.
Let me look at how much I paid for everything shipped (more than I wanted to but whatever, lol):
Ping G20 12* driver $80
Lady Cobra 16.5* 3 wood $27
Lady Cobra 20* 5 wood $29
Adams Idea Tech A4R 4H, 5i-PW, GW $147
RAM Easy Out 56* $24
$307 for clubs (not bad!)

Also picked up the following to dress the set up:
Head covers for the woods $15
TaylorMade Select Stand bag (blue and red, and actually matches my black and grey TM bag) $140

Back