Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

Just got my bio cell (red) with Aldila Tour Blue! Can't wait to hit it tomorrow!

Bought an orange bio cell with stock px6.0shaft on here. Figured for $80 it should be solid. Wow this driver surprised me. This thing is a beast. I hit it well and it is very forgiving.

I took my new Bio Cell out to the range yesterday and it was great. I love my Amp Cell but this head at 11.5* gave me a lot more distance with some extra forgiveness. I think I am going to pick up another NV 65 to slap in it as it works out well for me in my Amp Cell. I also like the sound alot more.

This club is so much better than my Amp Cell which is a fairway finder for me. I need to get it shortened but there is nothing wrong with high and long. It also feels a ton better.

I'm loving the Bio Cell/Diamana combo, not as high of launching as I'd like to get, but I have a feeling that's more swing related, the consistency is way better.

The sounds is changed quite a bit from AMP Cell, but I like the bigger look at address.

I'm really liking what I am seeing out of my Bio Cell right now. I've never had as much confidence in my long game as I do when I address the ball with this club. I'm currently set at 11.5 and this club is amazing and producing a nice straight flight. I'm even getting a slight draw at times which is almost unheard of for me.

I'm thinking of tinkering with it some more maybe 10 or 10.5 to see where my optimum launch/carry/roll out is.

Just a solid club.....

I'm really liking my setup right now that I think I'm getting it dialed in. I have a Fujikura EXS 5.1 R shaft in cut to play at 45". I just added tonight some lead tape in the same position as the weight in the Ping G30 SF Tec driver to help get the swingweight back up from the shorter length. I've been fighting a slice thats been really bad recently and so far indications are that this thing just wants to go long, straight, and high.

I love my BioCell. I chopped it to 44" and added 15g of tape to the sole. When my swing isn't screwed up I get a nice high draw. It feels and sounds much better than my Amp Cell even though I loved that club.

15g of weight? wow that seems like quite a bit considering the high density lead tap I bought is basically 1g per inch. That club must have felt like a feather with the 1.75 inches cut off the shaft from the stock length.

Been gaming a blue bio cell with stock stiff since last year. Changed to a stock reg foes this year and still was slicing the ball and never really seemed to get a whole lot of feedback, or ever get a "crushed it" feeling. A couple weeks back I picked up a cobra red tie in reg for 30 bones off ebay and it completely changed the driver for me. I can now actually feel the impact and my slice has turned into a slight fade. Have it set at 9.5d and have been absolutely bombing it! I love the red tie, and might try to pick up a + head to try it out.

Finally got a driver shaft back in the BiO Cell head after using a FW shaft for a while. Wound up getting the Diamana D+ in stiff flex and from what I see at the range, seems to be a pretty good combo. Won't see any course action until Friday.

Put a used Tour AD DI 6S into my Red last week, to play at 44". Loving it so far! I added...13g (I think) of yarn into the head to get the swingweight back. When I told my buddy, he replied "You're driver's gonna sound like it's got a silencer on it!"
I didn't want all that lead tape...it just makes me cringe...
For those interested...there's a slot in the hosel for it, if you pull the head all the way off the adapter, just look through the loft setting window, and you'll see it. I found it while looking for a hot-melt plug! And if you're wondering... 13g is a CRAP LOAD of yarn...probaly over 20 ft.
So, instead of feeding it in an inch at a time like I started...
1) Thread the yarn through a straw
2) Insert straw through loft window and weighting slot
3) Use air compressor blow gun and point it into the straw, and blow. It'll put that yarn in there lickity split!

Oh, and it does give it a nice muted *thwock*

Did the sound change a lot with the yarn? We have a lot of equipment in common!

Dave

Did the sound change a lot with the yarn? We have a lot of equipment in common!

Dave
It did what you probably imagine. It sounds less hollow. The bio cell wasn't especially tinky to begin with, in my opinion. The tone was more muted....I dunno...its definitely noticeable. I like it better, but that's just me...

Last edited:
15g of weight? wow that seems like quite a bit considering the high density lead tap I bought is basically 1g per inch. That club must have felt like a feather with the 1.75 inches cut off the shaft from the stock length.

I actually have a big horseshoe of lead tape on the sole two layers thick. It felt way too light without it.

I actually have a big horseshoe of lead tape on the sole two layers thick. It felt way too light without it.
Gah, I just can't handle that... I'm OCD like that. Probably also something to do with carry over from disc golf... Can't put anything that adds any thickness on the disc (paint, stickers, etc).

Gah, I just can't handle that... I'm OCD like that. Probably also something to do with carry over from disc golf... Can't put anything that adds any thickness on the disc (paint, stickers, etc).

The yarn is a good idea. Maybe I will switch thew tape out.

All yarn is different I'm sure, but it took about 50 ft to offset going to 44"!

Still enjoying my bio cell driver but have considered experimenting with a different shaft. I know the red ties from the bio cell + can be had off the bay for a decent price but just don't know what shaft characteristics would be better for my swing.

Dunno. I liked it. Only reason I'm not using it now was I got a tour addi for cheap, cause it was short. And I wanted to cut the red tie down...

Took the
Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 (reg. flex) from my + and put in my bio cell reg head set at 11*, = 12* in this combo. Played with it for the 1st time today. Club is a bomber. A big hitter (scratch) in our group that is usually 10 - 20 yds ahead of me with his drives. I was hitting last, after a couple of boomers hit by scratch I hit what looked like a very good drives. Got to the balls and we were even or I was ahead by 10 - 20 yds on a few drives. This club / shaft combo really gets the ball going straight, high and long. This is really a low spin setup. I haven't got on a LM with this setup but I can tell from my drives this club is the real deal. Highly recommend this setup. My swing speed is 92 - 95.

So do you just add 1* if you are using it in the regular BioCell driver?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have several rounds in so far with this driver and love it. Seems to be extremely forgiving, especially on shots toward the bottom of the club face. I'm also getting more roll out than previous drivers.

I've got an Aldila Red Eyes shaft in it, so that may be helping with the lower launch, low spin.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Back