Cobra F-Max One Length Irons

I have had my set for a month now. They are a realy good set of irons. They work as intended, very easy to hit and the go realy high and land soft and feel great. I am getting more constant distances than I was with my apex set. I am liking them so much I sold the apex irons as I would not have went back to them as I am getting better results with the cobra set.
Thanks for the feedback chas, if they get the ball up a little higher than the original F7's, that's what I'm looking for. I like a chunky monkey and don't mind a little more hunk of metal behind the ball. The offset reminds me of the 02 big berthas which I'm a big fan of and play well. Hopefully I will get to hit them soon!

Thanks for the feedback chas, if they get the ball up a little higher than the original F7's, that's what I'm looking for. I like a chunky monkey and don't mind a little more hunk of metal behind the ball. The offset reminds me of the 02 big berthas which I'm a big fan of and play well. Hopefully I will get to hit them soon!

i don`t even notice the offset, and down by the ball they don`t look that chunky I love the midsize grips though, i have always played normal grips and have never tried midsize before and the grips fell much better than what i have used in the past

Just came back from my 1.5 hour range session. As promised my first impression about my new F-Max one. Today I focused on feel, ball flight and gaps (as far as I could see it). I had no trackman available today. My trackman datas in average 7 iron (Cleveland CG 16, 36inch) club head speed 77mph (driver 88 mph), carry 132 yards. It is cold here in Germany already (13°) and very windy, driving range was very wet so no roll at all. Ok so far the basics.
Compare to my current gamers the F-Max one carried slightly longer, ball flight was same maybe little bit higher. I have to say that I never had problems to get the PW-6iron in the air. I do have an average ball flight. I felt it was easier to get the ball in the air compare to my gamers. The feeling was good and soft, I could feel misshits but not that clear. So feedback is better from my gamers. Misshits still carried a reasonable distance. I couldn't compare iron 4 and 5 because I couldn't hit my games well. It was very easy to get the F-Max 4-5 iron in the air. Almost unbelievable for me. I felt that the irons produced a penetrating ball flight. Gaps were ok as far as I could see. 7-6-5 each about 12 yards. Iron 4 maybe slightly shorter (8-10) but not much. Over all I am impressed about the performance and I truly believe this head (concept) will support many golfer struggling with iron 4-5. Even the golfer using F7 one and do have gap issues with the 4-6 irons. I need to bring them now on the course and test a few rounds to get more informations. I hope I can get some Trackman data within the next few weeks during a lesson with my pro.

i don`t even notice the offset, and down by the ball they don`t look that chunky I love the midsize grips though, i have always played normal grips and have never tried midsize before and the grips fell much better than what i have used in the past

I fully agree. They don't look chunky on address and I also like the Midsize grips even I wear small size gloves.

i have the fmax 4,5,6 hybrids as i struggle with lower lofted irons and find the hybrids so easy to hit and feel great. I never tried the 4,5, irons at my fitting as i allready had the hybrids.

I am going out this morning to play round with my new F-Max sticks for 2nd time. 1st round wasn't to good. Just getting used to them. I will give an update later today. I have 4 iron through SW with Recoil 460 ES shaft (reg flex).

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I agree, they don't look that chunky down by the ball. I have held the F7 max standard irons and they look great at address. Cobra does a great job of hiding that chunky monkey. I usually play Wynn oversized grips also, so the midsize grips are perfect for me. I like the lighter swing weights as well. These irons check a lot of boxes for me. I probably should just blind buy them.

Played my 2nd round today with these clubs. I love the look of these clubs. My old set of clubs are the Cobra F7 OL. Comparing the two sets I have seen higher trajectory from the 4 - 7 irons and about the same trajectory from the 8 - SW. I am getting more carry with these clubs than my F7 OL. Getting about 10 yards more carry and the ball is checking up on the green too.

When I was getting fit for the F-Max OL I was getting the same results. I am really happy with the results. Now if I could get my driver under controller I would score better.

I am now hitting my 7 iron about 150 yds which is about 10 yards longer. Maybe a little less with my higher lofted clubs.

I compared the lofts of the two sets. Cobra F-Max has increased the loft by 2° for the 4 - 6 and by 1.5° for the 7 iron. I can see why I am getting 10 more yards.

After more investigation, the old Max irons (see pic) have the same lofts as the new F-Max irons. Coincidence?? Maybe, maybe not! Only Cobra knows...
6a5f301ec75ad07a309d382aded14cdf.jpg
18ea939229bd74caa0ccc7ba743f820c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

What kind of trajectory are you guys getting from the 5i and 6i slots?

I should say first it was considered height not trajectory. During my fitting I was hiiting my 6 iron on average 62 feet and my old 6 iron an average of 47 feet. I wasn't able to compare 5 iron since they didn't have one.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

According to my trackman data I hit my old 7 Iron 83 feet high. As mentioned yesterday the f-max one was slightly higher. The F-Max one 5 iron compare to my F-Max one 7 iron had a lower ball flight but still high (I guess around 70 feet).

Temptation was too much. Purchased last Friday on line. Should be delivered tomorrow. 5-pw, gw. 2 degrees flat, regular flex graphite shafts. $499+tax is a heck of a deal that I just couldn't pass up for these irons. Feedback coming soon.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new clubs! Wow, that really is a smoking deal.

Congrats on the new clubs! Wow, that really is a smoking deal.

It really is compared to other SGI irons and its not even on sale or discounted, that is just their stock price for a 7 iron set.

If I could convince my brother to join me and my dad on the course, I'd tell him to go try these. Seems like a logical place to start or at least consider.

If I could convince my brother to join me and my dad on the course, I'd tell him to go try these. Seems like a logical place to start or at least consider.

I am a high school golf coach and I wish I could get more of my kids to use these clubs. I have a 13 year old son and I'm about to buy him a lefty set of these clubs, probably just the F7 one length, not the max. He has about the same swing speed as I do but I feel he will grow into them with steel shafts. I believe the junior golfer could benefit greatly by swinging one length clubs. If Cobra offered one length junior clubs, I would definitely buy them for my 9 year old daughter as well. It just simplifies the iron game for full shots 5-pw. Same stance, posture, and ball position with every club with full shots. It's Moe Normanish. Very simplistic in a complicated game.

Budget Golf has great deals on these PLUS the 15offthp coupon that saves you an additional 15% on your order!!

Cobra F-Max one lengh

Cobra F-Max one lengh

:clapp:thanks should be here Monday,the 15% off saved alot
Budget Golf has great deals on these PLUS the 15offthp coupon that saves you an additional 15% on your order!!

Cobra F-Max one lengh

Cobra F-Max one lengh

:banana:been too the range twice this week with the new clubs,love them greater heights and distance in the cold weather, should be better when it warms uo.
:clapp:thanks should be here Monday,the 15% off saved alot

Unfortunately the weather here is not for golf anymore. It was very cold and rainy. Now we got snow. :-( I only got the chance to play 27 holes after I got my clubs. They are really easy to hit. First time I was able to hit a 4 iron. My new 7-5 iron are further compare to my gamers. I can't compare the 4 iron but for me it is high enough. My buddy 11 HCP (Driver 100mpH) tried it and was very surprised how easy they are to hit. Compare to his gamer (Apex with recoil, came from AP2 with project steel shaft) f max one was same distance with a little lower flight. He said he could imagine to game the f-max one. The greens are very wet so no problem to stop the ball even with a 4 iron. Let's see how it works in summer.
I also had no time to see my instructor and can't deliver Trackman figures. Hope I can manage it still this year. He can provide now an indoor training.

I have been doing some testing of these irons vs the Bridgestone JGR's and I can't decide which I like better. I have never hit a ball higher or farther than with the JGR's but I love the feel and consistency of the Fmax. The Cobras feel so much better than the JGR's but I get better results with the Bridgestone irons, especially the 6 iron. For the last week I have carried two bags on my golf cart on my home course and literally just switch irons every hole and it has been fun. Today, I have tournament and I have to make a decision on which irons to play, stupid 14 club rule, think I will go to the range with both and game the ones I hit better.

I just picked up a set of 4-pw,aw in the standard f-max irons . Love feel , flight and they are so so easy to hit. For the guys that have the f-max sand wedge how does it play out of the sand ? I am debating between it and the Cobra King wedge ?
Thanks GB

Back