Cobra F7 Hybrid Review

Just got a 2-3 F7 hybrid delivered today. Set at 17.5 the face sits relatively square, however the Cobra stamp on the crown appears 'open' to my eye, if that makes any sense.

Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
Well at it again after not playing much the past 12-18 months, my bag is pretty set, but i wanted to give a new hybrid a try and after as much reading as i could do, i found a heck of a deal on the 3-4 F7, and just came in today while in the office. Off the top love the look, feel and how it sets up, so those are all positives, got it for about 85.00 and it still had the plastic wrap on the grip and sticker on the face of the club head.

Also added a 3-4 F7 3 wood to pair with it, hope to get them both out when our weather breaks and really see how they can do.

Well at it again after not playing much the past 12-18 months, my bag is pretty set, but i wanted to give a new hybrid a try and after as much reading as i could do, i found a heck of a deal on the 3-4 F7, and just came in today while in the office. Off the top love the look, feel and how it sets up, so those are all positives, got it for about 85.00 and it still had the plastic wrap on the grip and sticker on the face of the club head.

Also added a 3-4 F7 3 wood to pair with it, hope to get them both out when our weather breaks and really see how they can do.

Congrats. I have the 3/4 and the 3w. Both are amazing clubs. Enjoy.

Congrats. I have the 3/4 and the 3w. Both are amazing clubs. Enjoy.

185.00 shipped for both was too hard to pass up, and the 3W still having plastic on it was a nice surprise.

185.00 shipped for both was too hard to pass up, and the 3W still having plastic on it was a nice surprise.

I have the 3/4 hybrid also and love the heck out of it. Super easy to hit and the rails are the real deal.

I have the 3/4 hybrid also and love the heck out of it. Super easy to hit and the rails are the real deal.

is 19.5 the standard setting for the 3/4 ?

is 19.5 the standard setting for the 3/4 ?

I believe so. I don't think I've adjusted mine at all and that's what it's currently at.

Like the 3 wood i just wrote about as well, the rails do seem to work, i know i hit behind about 2-3 balls and i could feel the club carry through. Very strong flight, like the three wood, and may tweak it up a degree as well to 20.5 as i tend to hit a low ball.

You know that one club that you regret selling off? That one club that was just money for you and seemed to deliver all the time? That was and is the King F7 hybrid for me. I had the 2/3 and 4/5 and now thanks to CPO received my 3/4 last week. For me these hybrids are probably the single greatest clubs I have ever hit. I am talking distance, forgiveness and consistency. I briefly looked at the F8 but the color is a non-starter for me so I went back to the trusty F7. So excited to have this club back in my bag and know that even when nothing else is working, this club will deliver for me.

You know that one club that you regret selling off? That one club that was just money for you and seemed to deliver all the time? That was and is the King F7 hybrid for me. I had the 2/3 and 4/5 and now thanks to CPO received my 3/4 last week. For me these hybrids are probably the single greatest clubs I have ever hit. I am talking distance, forgiveness and consistency. I briefly looked at the F8 but the color is a non-starter for me so I went back to the trusty F7. So excited to have this club back in my bag and know that even when nothing else is working, this club will deliver for me.

Great to hear that you have been reunited with your club. I'm curious as to what loft setting you are using?

Great to hear that you have been reunited with your club. I'm curious as to what loft setting you are using?

I have it set to 19.5 right now and will use it either at that setting or 20.5

This has been cemented in my bag since it was released and is one of the few clubs I haven't even thought about replacing. I've been a big fan of Cobra hybrids for as long time and this one is great. Rails FTW!

This has been cemented in my bag since it was released and is one of the few clubs I haven't even thought about replacing. I've been a big fan of Cobra hybrids for as long time and this one is great. Rails FTW!

This was the first Cobra club I had ever purchased and swung! It's going to very difficult for a new hybrid to displace it.

I picked up the 3/4 last year and liked it, but wasn't thrilled with the stock shaft. Installed one of the new UST proforce V2 hybrid shafts and it came alive for me. Lower more penetrating flight, less left misses, more predictable, and an easy 10-15+ yards more distance. Just bought a cheap women's 4/5 model this week, pulled the tip and installed another proforce V2 lastnight.

I bought the 2/3 and 4/5 from you and love them.

All the feels came back today. I was striping it on the range and it continued to my round. Had two shots that went 225 yards+ with this set at 20.5 degrees. Just unreal distances that are even further than my 4 wood and driver some times. Feels so good to have one of these back in my bag. Love the feel, sound, forgiveness, distance and height.

Highlight of the day was going hybrid, hybrid and gap wedge for a birdie on a tough par 5 today. So much fun with this hybrid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back