Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

Unfortunately it never changes to make it sound good hehe In the forward position it might be the worst sounding driver in the last few years.

R1 holds that title to me. I have no issue with the sound on this thing and so far I like the results next week is the first time on course so hope the range carries over.

Hit rickterp's F6 today weight forward draw setting SMASHED IT gawd this is such a great driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like many of you guys I have hit a lot of different Cobra drivers - some from the used rack at our local golf store. Loved the S3, Cobra Amp Cell and the F6 but not as much on the F6+. Interestingly, the weight forward in the F6 worked best for me with a slightly higher 11.5 loft.

Crushed another one today ... measured 282 yards. Had another than went 270ish. Definitely not as accurate with this as I am with the F6, but the distance is hard to beat. Had an awkward drive though scrunched between the two long ones, and noticed a faint rattle in the club head. Not sure if it's epoxy or not, but I'm going to see what I can do to remedy it (because just knowing it's there is annoying).

Crushed another one today ... measured 282 yards. Had another than went 270ish. Definitely not as accurate with this as I am with the F6, but the distance is hard to beat. Had an awkward drive though scrunched between the two long ones, and noticed a faint rattle in the club head. Not sure if it's epoxy or not, but I'm going to see what I can do to remedy it (because just knowing it's there is annoying).

It happens. The track can allow debris into the head if you catch some turf with it. I've had so shake stuff out of mine more than once.

Wow, deuce...nice to see you obliterating drives with this. Does it make you ponder lower spinning options going forward?

Wow, deuce...nice to see you obliterating drives with this. Does it make you ponder lower spinning options going forward?
I can certainly catch one on the screws and see it go pretty far, but the two I "obliterated" were a consequence of a hole that played downhill (first one) and a draw which had some serious roll (the second one). I'm going to have to get the Game Golf on the F6 and the F6+ and see how they compare over a prolonged period of time to truly see which one fares better. I'll admit, while the F6 is definitely more of a fairway finder, I'm not seeing myself too far off the fairway with the F6+, so the dispersion is definitely wider, but not so penal that I would bench this driver. I'm not missing to the right much, with either driver ... so I'm really loving that fact. It's nice to have lost the slice for the most part (I'd guess mostly due to lessons, but the club can't hurt), even though the course layout at the CC can be pretty penal when you go left.

As for future low spin options ... I'm not sure. I'd need to become more versed in that area. I think I need some spin because I tend to be a low ball hitter, so if the spin is too low, I think I might be in some trouble distance wise. Though perhaps I'm wrong in that regard.

I can certainly catch one on the screws and see it go pretty far, but the two I "obliterated" were a consequence of a hole that played downhill (first one) and a draw which had some serious roll (the second one). I'm going to have to get the Game Golf on the F6 and the F6+ and see how they compare over a prolonged period of time to truly see which one fares better. I'll admit, while the F6 is definitely more of a fairway finder, I'm not seeing myself too far off the fairway with the F6+, so the dispersion is definitely wider, but not so penal that I would bench this driver. I'm not missing to the right much, with either driver ... so I'm really loving that fact. It's nice to have lost the slice for the most part (I'd guess mostly due to lessons, but the club can't hurt), even though the course layout at the CC can be pretty penal when you go left.

As for future low spin options ... I'm not sure. I'd need to become more versed in that area. I think I need some spin because I tend to be a low ball hitter, so if the spin is too low, I think I might be in some trouble distance wise. Though perhaps I'm wrong in that regard.

Great thoughts, and looking forward to the bolded if you get a chance to set that up. Thanks for the reply

After playing this now for 10 rounds my god even when you swing like a.... umm swing easy it sounds terrible on miss hits. It's like a canon went off. I'm not too sure if it will stay in the bag.

After playing this now for 10 rounds my god even when you swing like a.... umm swing easy it sounds terrible on miss hits. It's like a canon went off. I'm not too sure if it will stay in the bag.
I just pulled it out the bag as well. I can live with the sound, but it's become a hook machine for me lately. I miss the extra distance, but I'd like to stay at least close to the fairway. It's totally my swing ... it's gone crappy on me all of a sudden. Hoping with a lesson in hand, I can bring this club back around. Also need to work on getting the weight in the proper place, as well as get a better shaft into it (I have the Prolaunch Blue in it right now, and had better results with the Red Tie). Hoping that maybe the Bassara Eagle works in it.

I was never one who hated the sound of this.... until I heard you hit it hahaha

Jk you crush this thing it does perform though but if the sound bothers you, definitely switch it out

I see Dick's has this driver for $160 on a flash sale today.

I see Dick's has this driver for $160 on a flash sale today.

That's a great deal I've become very comfortable with mine and get solid results.

ghost thread...

I've been interested in trying a lower spinning / lower CG driver and I found one of these really cheap on Global Golf today. It has an xstiff F6+ made for Black Tie in it of all things so I very much doubt I'll get along with that shaft, but I have a VLCT ST 65 gram R flex that I like available to use. I'll give the xstiff a try on the range probably lofted to 11.5D with the weight all the way back and see what happens :)

I've been using the G30 SF TEC and do ok with it, but I've improved my swing path and the left miss with it is a disastrous one that goes OB. My other drivers are 915 D2 and K15. The 915 D2 has the least penal misses. Distance is not much different amongst the group. Mabe the F6+ will become the new gamer? If not I will flip it.

Dave

The sound is a little funny but it’s a great driver! I think you’ll really enjoy it!

The sound is a little funny but it’s a great driver! I think you’ll really enjoy it!

I admit the F6+ sound is pretty funky. The metallic tink I get with the 915D2 and K15 is absent from the F6+.

Based off my range session today carry distance appears comparable with the 915D2, but I expect the F6+ will roll more. I'll give it a try on the course and see.

I actually like the black tie in X. I find it has good control. The VLCT ST is good as well. I may end up using if it the black tie ends up being short, but will start with the black tie as an experiment.

Dave

I admit the F6+ sound is pretty funky. The metallic tink I get with the 915D2 and K15 is absent from the F6+.

Based off my range session today carry distance appears comparable with the 915D2, but I expect the F6+ will roll more. I'll give it a try on the course and see.

I actually like the black tie in X. I find it has good control. The VLCT ST is good as well. I may end up using if it the black tie ends up being short, but will start with the black tie as an experiment.

Dave

Enjoy your time with this, I know I did

I am loving my F6. Been driving the ball 230-260yds this year with it which is 30-60yds farther than past seasons with my Biocell.

This is a cool driver, but I decided to move on. My ball striking skills are better suited to the 915D2. I can see why people like it especially big hitters who need to reduce spin.

Dave

Back