Common practices in golf that you won’t do?

I agree with many already stated.

honors (and not just on the tee box but ready golf everywhere please. Even if it’s me getting skipped over).

practice swings are an iffy practice at best.

Laying up due to group in front of you. Now I’m not saying be hopeful and wait because you might get there, but I’m way more successful playing get as close as I can to the green without risking penalty. If that means I have to wait to take that club, I will. I’m not laying up just to appease those behind me, to only wait still when I get up to my next ball and the group in front is still moving slowly.

Cart path only

I'm carrying 2 extra balls in my pocket. Bad luck? Pfft. Crappy golfer. I need them for my mulligan.

I'm wiping the mud off my ball. Don't care, gonna do it.

According to this thread, honors aren't a common practice so I'm going to go the opposite way and say my regular group does honors all the way up the foursome. Ready golf on the tee to just get up to our balls and keep waiting for our next shot is DUMB :LOL: So if I get a double and you get a bogey, you're in front of me.

I'd love to see how slow everyone is to the next box where they think this saves them a bunch of time. Even if it's an extra 15 seconds each hole to give honors, you know how much time you saved? Four and a half whole minutes spread out between four hours. If you're breaking speed records on the course with those four minutes, well good on ya. Keep hurrying up to wait some more 🤷‍♂️

Do I do that with others besides my normal group? No not really and will respect what the group does with "ready" golf but you're hardly saving any time when there are so many other ways to save pace by playing actual "ready golf" in every other part of the course besides the tee box where you HAVE to wait for everyone to hit regardless before you get moving.

my grandfather always told me (while out doing yard work or whatever) “you only get so many bend overs/up and downs in life, why don’t you use some of yours and let me keep mine for the important things” 😂😂😂.

maybe that’s why he’s closing in on 90 and still moving pretty darn well haha
Sounds like a smart guy.

I won't carry a spare ball in my pocket either. To me it's the same as changing to an old ball before attempting to hit a shot over a hazard. If you change balls you're pretty much admitting that you don't expect to make it across. And at that point you're already beat.

Oh so many….

As other have said…

I don’t care about Tee box honors, we keep the same order regardless

hate music on the course

don’t pull the pin when putting

don’t lift, clean, and place unless it’s super bad

and no practice swings - feel like I do worse and you overthink it and it’s a time waster

also don’t spend a lot of time with reading the green

and I usually don’t take my glove off to putt

Back