Considering a 3 wood change

5ohGolfTX

Reaction score
I have been gaming the Taylormade RBZ 3w for quite a while and absolutely love it! Unfortunately homie is getting a little worn and it’s time to find a new one. I would like whatever new 3w I get to be as similar as possible to my RBZ as I love that club!

Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance

I played the RBZ for a while. Closest thing to that now in my opinion would be either the Tour Edge EXS Pro or the Callaway Epic Speed.
The SIM2 is the same brand, but I found it spin and launch a little differently than that of the RBZ.

I played the RBZ for a while. Closest thing to that now in my opinion would be either the Tour Edge EXS Pro or the Callaway Epic Speed.
The SIM2 is the same brand, but I found it spin and launch a little differently than that of the RBZ.
Thanks for the reply! I’ll check those out first.

Fairway woods are 4 letter words to me.. “That which must not be named” is still in timeout, and appears content to be there

Picked up an epic flash 3w over thanksgiving. Love it so far and much more consistent then my RBZ Stage 2.

Fairway woods are 4 letter words to me.. “That which must not be named” is still in timeout, and appears content to be there
I gave my old Adams 3w to my son a few years ago and am on the fence about getting new one. I used to be able to launch it ok but my swing speed isn't getting any higher. There's a 25 yard gap between my 3h and my driver. I'm not sure filling that gap should be a priority.

I was in search mode after my TM R7 developed a split in the hosel. I finally settled on a M6 and absolutely love it!

Mavrik Max is the easiest 3W I've ever hit off of fairway lies

I gave my old Adams 3w to my son a few years ago and am on the fence about getting new one. I used to be able to launch it ok but my swing speed isn't getting any higher. There's a 25 yard gap between my 3h and my driver. I'm not sure filling that gap should be a priority.

Remedy is mid to high launch shaft, mid to high spin and a 17-18 5 wood, about 42 inches.

Just fitted a 3W at CC. I hit the TM Sim2, Ping G425, and the Titleist. I had high hopes for the latter two, especially the Ping. But I flat out crushed the TM straighter and further. So I went with that.

See if you can swing a few different types and find what works for you.

Mavrik Max is the easiest 3W I've ever hit off of fairway lies

Shaft is a key - I put a Riptide 60 r flex in a Mavrik 5 wd and it would fly high

I have been gaming the Taylormade RBZ 3w for quite a while and absolutely love it! Unfortunately homie is getting a little worn and it’s time to find a new one. I would like whatever new 3w I get to be as similar as possible to my RBZ as I love that club!

Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance
I used to game an RBZ 3W... It has been replaced with a Mizuno ST 190. I like it. It's like the RBZ but the ball goes straighter and a little further for me. Since it was a previous gen club, the price was bearable as well. Hope this helps

The only way to know is to try them out at a store. Looks are important, but so is performance. Good luck!

I am transitioning from a F9 3 wood to a Mavrik Max. The Max is probably going to win, especially for the killer Thanksgiving CPO sale prices.

I've been using my 3 wood for 9 years, only club I never tried to replace. It's loyal and constant even my bad shots don't hurt me as much.Low line drives all day long.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

To complicate things, I went from a 3W to a 4W and haven't looked back.

Cobra F9 woods are fantastic and you may be able to find them pretty cheap given they aren’t a new release.

Back