Any allclad stainless vs copper core recomendations?

I'm not a copper fan, at all. Call me an old grump but I just don't really enjoy it. Obviously it's more than fine for most things.

I have 3 copper pans of varied size that get very little use. 5 pots of varied size and design that do the bulk of sauces and pasta. 4 pans between stainless and non stick for typical meal cooking and 5 cast iron pans with one very deep one for protein cooking, deep dish, oven transfers etc. Then of course specialty items. I can say without a doubt copper is my least used and personal least favorite.

At the beginning of the year, we moved out of our motorcoach after 5 years of full timing and bought a house. Our old cookware went with it so we had to start over. After quickly ditching the electric glass cooktop for a new natural cooktop in the house, I got serious.

Over the last couple months, I first got a Made In 12" nonstick and 12" carbon steel frying pans, then one of their 8" nonstick frying pans for a couple of quick eggs for my breakfast, then finally their 10" nonstick frying pan (probably the most versitile size) to make a full set. I really love them. Great company!

I have never had a carbon steel pan but find so many things to use it for, it is now a favorite. I didn't know much about properly seasoning cookware until I also got a Blackstone griddle (in addition to a new Weber Genesis II grill), but once I figured out seasoning with the griddle, it transferred wonderfully to the carbon steel pan. It is as nonstick now as the nonstick pans. When I don't use the Blackstone for making breakfast outside (bacon, eggs and hash browns), the 12" carbon steel pan does great!

After getting these, I gave up putting pans in the dishwasher and handwashing, they are all holding up like new. For other cooktop cooking (like non-tomato based stews and fried chicken), our older cast iron Lodge dutch oven is awesome for its heat retention and lack of splattering onto the cooktop.

I have recently got a covered Calphalon saute pan at Tuesday Morning for cheap that I haven't found uses for yet, but I will.

Stainless skillet
Stainless sautee pan
Stainless sauce pan
Stainless cooker
Stainless stockpot
Non-stick egg pan
Cast iron skillet big
Cast iron skillet medium
Cast iron griddle
Ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven

We had a bunch of mixed and matched. Got rid of a bunch of non-stick stuff and bought a new stainless set and settled here. This has been all we need.

Back