Cost of Senior Public golf in your area?

bull64

Reaction score
Handicap
14.2 GHIN
Here in Nashville our cost just increased slightly but is what I consider to be very reasonable. Metro Nashville municipal courses charge an annual membership fee of $400, then a per round surcharge of $10 to walk 18 or $22 with cart to ride 18.

How does that compare to public golf in your area?

Last edited:
Cost here is $2500 initiation (no monthly dues for the first year). After that it's $150.00/month without cart or $180.00/month with cart. No senior discount.

Municipal courses in my area are $25-$26 for seniors on weekdays including cart. Annual memberships are $615 for seniors. A cart membership is an additional $650. Public courses run $30-$40 for seniors on weekdays including a cart. Memberships start at around $1,800 for seniors, weekdays only, $2,650 including weekends

Last edited:
In SE Michigan a very nice county owned/run course costs $1,050 a year for a senior. Unlimited golf with a cart. No range. Weekday rate for a senior is $32. This is west of Ann Arbor.

In the Ann Arbor area, weekday rates range from $22 to $40 for 18 w/cart. No discounts on the weekend, generally, until after 2pm. This the low to medium range. Top courses charge significantly high rates. Closer to Detroit suburbs, the higher the rates.

My home course no discount on the annual rate. The daily rate has a discount up to $6.

$700 per year membership then members pay weekday $10 to walk/$18 with cart; weekend $14 to walk/$28 with cart
Regular senior green fees - weekday $22 to walk/ $37 with cart; weekend $36 to walk/$55 with cart

Some of the courses offer a senior discount on annual memberships but not the courses I belong to. I have unlimited memberships at 2 courses at a total of less than $500 per year. Both courses are well-maintained. One is a short 5900 yard 18 hole course with an unlimited $375 yearly fee. The other is a tough 9 hole course at $99 per year. There are no other fees if walking. If riding, the cart fee is $18 to $20 per 18 holes.

Golf is very affordable in this region, but the season is also quite short.

Many of the area courses offer senior discounts of around $5 per round.

My Executive courses are free. The Championship courses are around $35 with a cart in winter and $25 in summer.

Membership is one time $2000 initiation, then unlimited golf and range balls for $219/mo without cart, extra $110/mo for unlimited cart. Daily in-season green fees for non-members are $80 or $72, depending on which course (two 18s). They don't offer any senior discounts, as about 90% of the membership are seniors. :LOL:

Senior membership where I play most of my rounds: $350.00 annual, plus $1 park usage fee per round. I believe the annual cart fee is close to a $1,000.00 per year, but I don't have that, so I don't recall for certain. Very well maintained and 6,100 yards from the regular tee's.

“Senior” rates can be 15-20 less… HOWEVER- The county or town courses I play as a non resident recently stopped offering discounts to non-resident Seniors. NY City courses can be a good deal… but I don’t want to spend 6 hours playing behind hundreds of Patrick Cantlay’s. One exception is Trumps Ferry Point. As a Senior, the weekday (M-T) rate is $70 less- $105. That is a pretty good discount, overall.
Oh- I haven’t really checked Bethpage Senior rates lately, but maybe I’ll give it a go later in season.

Seven-day membership at my municipal course is $1995 per year and that includes range and cart. Daily senior fees are $26 and includes a cart.

City of Charleston playing the muni...Senior rates M-F - $17 walking, $37 riding. Weekends (for any age) are $25/$45.

This is for City residents. More for the Tri-County area, and a lot more for the non-residents.

Super seniors (90 and more) free all the time. I do wonder if any take advantage of this.:p

Here in Nashville our cost just increased slightly but is what I consider to be very reasonable. Metro Nashville municipal courses charge an annual membership fee of $400, then a per round surcharge of $10 to walk 18 or $22 with cart to ride 18.

FYI, I played Old Fort yesterday at about 4 pm and it was $9 for nine holes walking. I assume it would have been $18 for 18. However, be aware they lost most of their fairways due to flooding and a cold snap, so the fairways are in really rough shape right now.

I'm paying a senior, local, veteran price of $30 for 18+ holes. Walk, or ride.

After 2pm, it's $20.

After 4pm it's $15

I don't know what the prices are in the Vegas Valley, but I suspect they are in the $40-$70 range. Maybe a little more.

If I go out of town, 120 miles any direction prices are $50 to $100 on average.

We are pretty lucky in the NW Ohio / Toledo area. The two city owned courses cost $15 for a senior to walk 18 holes LAST YEAR. I haven't played them
yet this year, but expect them to go up a buck or two, due to inflation. The semi-private courses that I have played so far have gone up a couple of dollars
to $18 and $23. These are all weekday, walking senior prices. Carts obviously add more.....I don't play on weekends, so not sure how much higher
they are then.

FYI, I played Old Fort yesterday at about 4 pm and it was $9 for nine holes walking. I assume it would have been $18 for 18. However, be aware they lost most of their fairways due to flooding and a cold snap, so the fairways are in really rough shape right now.
I hate to hear that about Old Fort. It is usually kept in excellent condition. Hopefully it bounces back soon.

Senior rates have crept up a little over the past couple years but most courses are still pretty reasonable around here. We're in peak season now so they're at their highest. They go down about 25% in the winter. The three courses on my plan are $16.50, $17.25, and $23.25 respectively to walk 18 holes on weekdays. On weekends they cost $21, $21.75, and $28.50 to walk 18. A cart adds $13.50 to any rate listed. There are no additional annual or monthly fees. My home course is the most expensive of the three on my plan. It was recently listed by Golfweek as one of the top ten public access courses in Missouri, along with much more expensive options near us like Payne's Valley, Ozarks National, Old Kinderhook, Branson Hills, Buffalo Ridge, Ledgestone etc...

Last edited:
Golf is affordable in Connecticut. Everything else is expensive so folks have moved away to other areas so the population has been essentially the same for the past twenty years. I know the private clubs are looking to attract younger members.
A nearby private club has started offering Saturday though Tuesday afternoon tee times to all residents of the town.

Last edited:
Golf in the Chicago area has gotten pricey the last couple of years. Most courses north of $60 a round, prime time. Last year, my "home" course has a $10 senior discount on their regular fee. Was $55 a round, w/cart prime time weekend, so $45 w/cart.. Only course I know of in this area that offers senior discounts.

Last edited:
Too cheap…less than $60/mo for city courses membership. Basically a bunch of golfers who can easily (schedule-wise) play everyday don’t have to pay much…it’s so backwards.

/rant

During M-Th most municipal courses are in the $60 range with a cart, walking is about $40. Higher end courses are around $100 M-Th.

Around me, the costs vary. There are courses that charge $1800/year for Monday-Friday golf, which includes greens fees and cart. Other courses offer about the same thing for up to $3700/year. There are also a bunch of different options and variations available.

Never thought about membership on any course, as I am still working, so playing during the week is out. When I retire, different story...

Back