Counter-balanced & Back-weighted Putter Thread

Hmm... seems like a good 3D printer project. :unsure:

A good 3-D printer project would be a tube threaded 14mm x1.50 that fits inside a SuperStroke that you could load with all the weights you want.

Why the hell you can’t buy the back weights in sections that screw together is beyond me.

If I only had a lathe…..:unsure:

A good 3-D printer project would be a tube threaded 14mm x1.50 that fits inside a SuperStroke that you could load with all the weights you want.

Why the hell you can’t buy the back weights in sections that screw together is beyond me.

If I only had a lathe…..:unsure:

Draw it up and I will make is so. (y) (3D printer part)

Back in about 1995 or so I ordered a solid alloy shaft from Golfsmith and put it in my Tommy Armour T-Line. It is stupid heavy but I loved it and played with it for 10 or 12 years, then took about 15 years off (from golf entirely) and decided to go more conventional with a new Odyssey Double Wide. I still like the feel of Fat Tommy and am probably not done with it.

Everyone I ever handed it to just laughed and anyone I let putt with it wanted one. Within months it vanished from Golfsmith's catalog and I've never seen another. I'm surprised it never got a following. The weights are comparing it to an identical head with a lightweight shaft (black, for days when Fat Tommy was acting up) and the new Odyssey Stroke Lab (red) Double Wide.
6857fa138cbf6a7fd6e465c334c5cb9f.jpg
5693e3d0a2e273d24234fe92936acbea.jpg
2c45d94f07d8409d1fdbc1bba8dfd18a.jpg
b9c614cb4184aa6d8b67bc9cc3071dbf.jpg
c4196d1549bb997717fa316f3029719f.jpg
c5fb5702f0a251304997a5fdf02dd8b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Took the headweights on my NP2 and the OG7 down to 10’s last night and they both equally sucked. 100% prefer the feel in a heavier head and am going back to 20’s.

And this evening’s version is:

20’s back in the OG, 22’s back in the SC. 25g in both grips. Both are within 8g of each other total weight and swingweights are both E2.

Why? Because it was another **** day at work and I needed garage time.

Anyhoo……

And this evening’s version is:

20’s back in the OG, 22’s back in the SC. 25g in both grips. Both are within 8g of each other total weight and swingweights are both E2.

Why? Because it was another **** day at work and I needed garage time.

Anyhoo……
Back to heavier heads, I like it.

Wanting a new project + not currently having a long Spider in my putter arsenal, I decided to look for a Tour Spider that I could tinker with.

I ended up finding a black TM Spider Tour. I got an all black version with single line putting alignment, with extra weights. Currently it's 355g head weight, and I am going to add 28g to the head to roll it at 383g. I am adding 4" to it, to roll it at 39" with a Super Stroke 15" grip with 80g in the butt end of the shaft.

Putter and weights arrived today, going to reshaft it this week and get the weights and grip installed as well. Will definitely post pictures when it's complete.

Have always putted well with Spiders, and the Daddy Long Legs was one of my favorite putters I have ver rolled. So, mimicking that club build, but having the solid black color on the putter head with minimal alignment aides is going to be, I think, perfect!
Started this one this evening, got about half way done. Rolling my current #7 and 38" and really like the feel of the Spider at 39".

Tonight’s update: The Frankie Scotty is juuuuust about there. Left 25g in the grip, dropped to 14’s in the head and we're at D5. It might be gold, Jerry.

A5DB3688-8E30-4198-B426-708D3F13FCD0.jpeg

Odyssey: To be continued.

Frankie Scotty is officially a bad mofo. The feel is spot on with 14g’s in the head and 25g in the grip. I might….might….knock it back about 1/4”-3/8”. The head feels so stable.

OG#7 got a GT Pistol and 75g in the grip during the weee hours this morning because a certain Lab doesn’t know it’s Saturday. We went to the garage early so momma could sleep. It’s 646g overall at D3. Certainly heavy compared to the Frankie Scotty at 563g.

Then I made the mistake of going into the pro shop and they had a Zenergy Tour 2.0 in silver and I had to have it. :giggle:

Oops….

So might as well keep going……the OG7 was taken back to 34-1/8” and I put on the Zenergy 2.0. Putted quite a bit last night switching back and forth between 10’s and 20’s. Ended up dropping two washers in the “weight cups” and wound up at 14g with 25g in the grip. It’s sitting at D7 and oh man do I like it.

Bump for our new Jailbird friends!

Have not, wish they offered up some specs on it though.

This review seems to be happy with it;
Same. Was hoping for a little more detail on the putter. Might need to message them and see if they respond.

Out of the ones I tried the LAB Mezz Max CB felt the best. Could be the graphite shaft that I preferred over the steel, but the Lab felt a lot less wobbly compared to the Jailbird and an old Tank 2Ball.

Out of the ones I tried the LAB Mezz Max CB felt the best. Could be the graphite shaft that I preferred over the steel, but the Lab felt a lot less wobbly compared to the Jailbird and an old Tank 2Ball.
The LAB putters are intriguing. I just like my Swag headcovers too much to get a center shafted putter 😂

Have not, wish they offered up some specs on it though.

This review seems to be happy with it;
Sent them an email. The head weighs 405 grams.

Back