pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have always liked the Winn or Superstoke 17" grips. Just depends on what shape you prefer. These are usually a bit heavier grip so you may not need a backweight since the head is already pretty light. Last CB putter I built had a 400g head. To counter that I used a clevis pin that weighed just about 50g in the butt of the shaft and installed the grip over the top of it.

I have always liked the Winn or Superstoke 17" grips. Just depends on what shape you prefer. These are usually a bit heavier grip so you may not need a backweight since the head is already pretty light. Last CB putter I built had a 400g head. To counter that I used a clevis pin that weighed just about 50g in the butt of the shaft and installed the grip over the top of it.
I was reading on it and at 340-355g most say just the weight of the grip is enough unless you like it stupid heavy above your hands. The Winn is that the Winn15?

I was reading on it and at 340-355g most say just the weight of the grip is enough unless you like it stupid heavy above your hands. The Winn is that the Winn15?

Both are belly putter grips. I preferred the 17" vs the 21" as the 21" went over half way down the shaft. If you have a store you can try out a couple that would be beneficial. Putter grips are very personal to people. The size and shape of one may be perfect for me, but you might hate.

Both are belly putter grips. I preferred the 17" vs the 21" as the 21" went over half way down the shaft. If you have a store you can try out a couple that would be beneficial. Putter grips are very personal to people. The size and shape of one may be perfect for me, but you might hate.
Yeah might go today after work and look at a belly putter grip and a grip for my driver too since the Pure kills my hands. Wonder if Golf Galaxy has them in stock.

They should. I usually go to edwin watts as they have them displayed on a cut shaft to get the feel. Also remember you will be choking down on the grip so get the feel a few inches from the top

I counterbalanced 2 of my putters with 50 gram tour locks and the both felt great. One was done with the regular SS 3.0 and the other with the SS SR2.

I counterbalanced 2 of my putters with 50 gram tour locks and the both felt great. One was done with the regular SS 3.0 and the other with the SS SR2.
How do you like the feel of the counterbalance?

I'm amazed that a 35" putter means 6'5".

I'm amazed that a 35" putter means 6'5".
It was sarcasm, I usually use a 33" putter. 35" if I held it at the top of the grip would make me stand almost upright to feel comfortable and I am right around the 5'11" to 6' even mark

It was sarcasm, I usually use a 33" putter. 35" if I held it at the top of the grip would make me stand almost upright to feel comfortable and I am right around the 5'11" to 6' even mark
No worries. I'm 6' If I used a 33" putter I would feel very hunched over.

Golf is weird

No worries. I'm 6' If I used a 33" putter I would feel very hunched over.

Golf is weird

I am right there with you. Almost 6'1" and use a 34" putter and have a 33.5" putter in the backup bag.

Its crazy how everyone is different. I play with a guy that is 5'10" and his irons are 1/2" longer. Guess its a arm/torso/legs ratio thing.

How do you like the feel of the counterbalance?
I loved the feel, I recently picked up a Odyssey counterbalance that I've been gaming recently but I'm sure at some point one of the others will one day go back in. Right now though the odyssey isn't going anywhere. My buddy put one in his Cammeron and he never putted better.

Back