Counterfeit Ping G425 Driver

mnance16

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard of any counterfeit Ping G425 Max drivers? I just ordered a Ping head only from EBay for $480. Seller has great reviews. I’m thinking I’m getting a legit Ping head but with nothing but time to think the worst between ordering it and receiving it, I’m looking for reassurance that it’s the real thing! Can the thieves even replicate/counterfeit a club this fast? Real one just came out 40 days ago.

I can't speak to individual products and what is being counterfeited, but the club head came out quite a bit before that. It was released in Asia, Australia and a number of other places last year.

eBay and places like it, are ripe with counterfeit golf clubs sadly and many of the times, the sellers have no idea that they are doing so.

Has anyone seen or heard of any counterfeit Ping G425 Max drivers? I just ordered a Ping head only from EBay for $480. Seller has great reviews. I’m thinking I’m getting a legit Ping head but with nothing but time to think the worst between ordering it and receiving it, I’m looking for reassurance that it’s the real thing! Can the thieves even replicate/counterfeit a club this fast? Real one just came out 40 days ago.
I haven't heard anything. My Pro ordered mine directly from Ping. It may end up back in my Pro's hands soon, but I'm confident it's the real thing.

I can't speak to individual products and what is being counterfeited, but the club head came out quite a bit before that. It was released in Asia, Australia and a number of other places last year.

eBay and places like it, are ripe with counterfeit golf clubs sadly and many of the times, the sellers have no idea that they are doing so.
Thanks for the confidence!

For $480 you could have just spent an extra $20 for the head/shaft at a local store and then sold the shaft. Woulda been cheaper, guaranteed not fake and got it instantly. Why buy on ebay if worried about fakes? I'm sure if the seller has good feedback you'll be fine though.

Feel free to share a pic or two of the head when you receive it. I'd also see about verifying the serial number with PING as well.

For $480 you could have just spent an extra $20 for the head/shaft at a local store and then sold the shaft. Woulda been cheaper, guaranteed not fake and got it instantly. Why buy on ebay if worried about fakes? I'm sure if the seller has good feedback you'll be fine though.
Closest golf store is 45 minutes away and I didn’t want to have an extra shaft I wouldn’t know how to get rid of anyway.

Closest golf store is 45 minutes away and I didn’t want to have an extra shaft I wouldn’t know how to get rid of anyway.

Lol, on Ebay...
I wouldn't sweat it.. Ebay has amazing buyer protection if it ended up being fake.

This. I ended up with a bogus G30 several years ago. Only way I found out it was fake was when my local EW tried to send it back to Ping for repairs. Luckily I had bought it from a stand up guy on a different forum. He quickly refunded my money. The only difference myself and the EW manager could find in mine and the ones they had on the shelf was a slightly different font on SN.

This. I ended up with a bogus G30 several years ago. Only way I found out it was fake was when my local EW tried to send it back to Ping for repairs. Luckily I had bought it from a stand up guy on a different forum. He quickly refunded my money. The only difference myself and the EW manager could find in mine and the ones they had on the shelf was a slightly different font on SN.
Thanks for the info, I’ll let you know when it comes in.

At that price I’d doubt it fake with a highly rated seller. I mean that’s probably retail? Maybe a little more for just the head.

But always good to verify. I had decent cause to think a recent purchase may have been fake. A quick 5 minute call to the OEM not only confirmed them real (at least as close as they can without club in hand) and I felt better about it.

Is the seller an authorized Ping Dealer? If so you should be 100% fine. Any questions, call Ping, I’m sure they’ll be able to tell you what to look for and compare serial numbers.

At that price I’d doubt it fake with a highly rated seller. I mean that’s probably retail? Maybe a little more for just the head.

But always good to verify. I had decent cause to think a recent purchase may have been fake. A quick 5 minute call to the OEM not only confirmed them real (at least as close as they can without club in hand) and I felt better about it.

Is the seller an authorized Ping Dealer? If so you should be 100% fine. Any questions, call Ping, I’m sure they’ll be able to tell you what to look for and compare serial numbers.

Dude, I am an airline pilot and flew to shanghi and Beijing 3 times a month pre-COVID. The Chinese can counterfeit anything including clubs. They have golf shops in their markets there that have nothing but counterfeit clubs, balls, and clothes. I would see westerners there all the time ordering all kinds of stuff and having them sent back to the states. I talked to one of the woman that’s owns a golf shop in Shanghai and she takes orders on the internet for clubs and has them sent here. Sometimes they don‘t make it through customs, but most do. I have seen full sets of new Titleist, TM, Ping, etc go for $150 and drivers for $50. Never believe a good deal on eBay. Not only clubs, but watches, woman’s bags, high end coats, sneakers, Bose, etc are huge counterfeit items there. They have factories there that do nothing but counterfeit items. After flying there for last 10 years, I can assure you that they can copy ANYTHING. Once start flying there again, I will take pix and post them here, it’s shocking. They are trying and willing to do anything to overcome us to become the number 1 economy in the world, including taking yours/our dollars to fill their coffers. Buyer beware!!!! Rob, replicate and replace.

Last edited:
Dude, I am an airline pilot and flew to shanghi and Beijing 3 times a month pre-COVID. The Chinese can counterfeit anything including clubs. They have golf shops in their markets there that have nothing but counterfeit clubs, balls, and clothes. I would see westerners there all the time ordering all kinds of stuff and having them sent back to the states. I talked to one of the woman that’s owns a golf shop in Shanghai and she takes orders on the internet for clubs and has them sent here. Sometimes they don‘t make it through customs, but most do. I have seen full sets of new Titleist, TM, Ping, etc go for $150 and drivers for $50. Never believe a good deal on eBay. Not only clubs, but watches, woman’s bags, high end coats, sneakers, Bose, etc are huge counterfeit items there. They have factories there that do nothing but counterfeit items. After flying there for last 10 years, I can assure you that they can copy ANYTHING. Once start flying there again, I will take pix and post them here, it’s shocking.

It’s wild all the counterfeit merch you can buy in other parts of the world. There was one market I loved going to in Fahaheel where you could buy about any thing you wanted. Never saw any golf stuff in the one. A lot of LV and Rolex though. Would love to know how many sets of Beats they sold to soldiers. We bought a set to take them apart. The insides had random nuts/washers to make them feel heavy.

Lol, on Ebay...
I wouldn't sweat it.. Ebay has amazing buyer protection if it ended up being fake.

For sure. I bought a set of rifle sights that ended up being counterfeit on there and it was a really easy process to get my money back.

Back