Course Maintenance Obligation to Inform?

Absolutely I think they should. Matter of fact, the cynic in me believes that the reason they don't (when conditions are altered quite obviously), is so as not to negatively affect their bottom line for the day(s).

I personally take that as an intentional dupe and will therefore quite intentionally, avoid playing there again.

I know that sounds like I get upset, I really don't. I just make a mental note to write them off in the future.

No different than say, a lawn service only mowing most of the property or skipping the edging and cleanup yet charging full boat. Unacceptable.

From working at as well as playing golf courses most all of my life, I would estimate that only about 30% of the time is the pro shop staff aware of course maintenance planning and, or, work schedules.

From working at as well as playing golf courses most all of my life, I would estimate that only about 30% of the time is the pro shop staff aware of course maintenance planning and, or, work schedules.

Understood but that still unreasonably shifts the burden to the paying customer. Especially courses that charge a premium price, a premium experience as to conditions, within reason, should be expected IMO.

Just means there's something off with the whole process.

Back