Photo Heavy Course Photo of the Day: Tuscany Reserve Edition

The second nine at Tuscany is where you will find the majority of the completed housing adjacent to the course; I trust that has changed since, but was true at the time. Measuring 380 yards this par 4 works its way gently to the right, with longer hitters having the option of taking on the adjacent hazard for the best driving line. For the rest of us the right hand side of the fairway bunker is an excellent target.
P1020523.JPG
Middle of the fairway - the preferred position to hit your second shot from. Off to the right you can see a small waterfall, which is just one of the many little touches that give this course so much character.
P1020528.JPG

Don't take the approach shot for granted here, however - the water hazard cuts in to protect the right third of the green, and shots pushed left will find deep bunkering. If you don't feel good about the yardage your best bet is to leave yourself 50-75 yards to take all of the danger out of play.
P1020529.JPG

Here are a few more photos of the features that make this course absolutely superb
P1020592.JPGP1020550.JPG
P1020541.JPG

Thanks for posting the picture show! Looks nice! ⛳

Do you strike the ball better with these incredible conditions?
Absolutely. Of course, it's hard not to when everything is a perfect lie :) Seriously, though, aren't course conditions akin to a comfortable chair or pair of shoes?

One feature of Tuscany, like so many other Florida courses is that every hole seems to have water down one side or the other. The 11th hole is no exception in this regard. This 513 yard par 5 gives you lots of room off the tee to swing away with your driver.
P1020537.JPG
Aim at the gap between the distant bunkers and you'll be in the 'A' position with a good drive. Check your yardage before you hit your second shot - there is a fairway bunker that appears to be closer to the green than it actually is. A solid approach shot will fly this bunker and leave you with only the green side bunkers to negotiate.
P1020542.JPG

Some of the bunkers are actually far enough away from the putting surface that only a very poorly struck shot would find them; a slightly elevated green complex makes it difficult to see how much green you have to work with, so trust the day's pin sheet and fire away.
P1020539.JPG

The tee complex on the 323 yard par 4 12th hole is really cool; depending on which tees you are playing determines how many bridges you need to cross to get there.
P1020553.JPG
As noted previously, water is a major feature on a Florida course. This time the water is on the left side with bunkers on the right that tempt to force your aim towards the water; the good news is that the fairway widens considerably in the landing zone.
P1020555.JPG

Approaching this green from the right side of the fairway affords you the best angle; shots played from the left side of the fairway will present a more intimidating view as a stone wall supports the edge of the green at the end of the water hazard.
P1020559.JPG

At a mere 123 yards, the par 3 13th hole seems like you could just toss your golf ball underhand to the green and eliminate the water hazard. This is a golf course, however so that is frowned upon. Choose your club, check the wind and make a solid swing.
P1020565.JPG
The drop area gives you a better look at the putting surface, but still plays around 80-90 yards.
P1020569.JPG

At 388 yards, the par 4 14th hole sets up visually with bunkering down both sides of the generous fairway.P1020575.JPG
Trust me when I say, however that the bunkers down the left hand side of the fairway are best admired from a distance. There is a very small chance that a wayward ball could find the grassy areas between them, but why take the chance?
P1020579.JPG

Once you've managed to avoid the left side, you are faced with more bunkers surrounding the green complex. Seriously, it's like 25% of the course's bunkers are on this hole!
P1020580.JPG
Although it doesn't appear so from the fairway, in this closeup photo you can see that one of the bunkers that appears to be at the green is actually set roughly 40 yards back. Short left or right are the bailout areas, with plenty of fairway grass to leave you with a good lie to get up and down with.
P1020582.JPG

I am still trying to figure that out. There does appear to be a fair gap in one of the barriers surrpounding the course at one of the corners, but then we’d have to carry our clubs and play really, really quickly. I did find it on a MLB auction a year or so ago, so there’s always that possibility. Also rumour has it Rocco has a home on property so if you’ve got him on speed dial it shouldn’t be an issue :p

Junkyard,

Is another way to get on through a condo rental? It starts at 310 a night through vrbo.

CG

Junkyard,

Is another way to get on through a condo rental? It starts at 310 a night through vrbo.

CG
I'm not sure, but I'd definitely be interested in knowing. I would probably have to go as a single (the Florida crew is cheap), but I would do almost anything to get the chance to play it again.

The par 5 15th plays at 480 yards, so you'd better take a good rip from the tee, as Robin is doing here:
P1020590.JPG
Pause on your way down the fairway to admire the progress being made on your winter cottage:
P1020595.JPG

Take a deep breath before choosing your layup point, as there is a massive bunker short that runs the entire width of the green, so hitting a low runner is not an option here. Through the air is the only way onto the putting surface.
P1020598.JPG
P1020599.JPG

Take another moment to admire the Italian architecture before heading to the green for your birdie putt.
P1020601.JPG
And if you find you've hit one wayward towards the water hazard it's probably best to let it be: you never know what might be waiting for you
P1020611.JPG

The 16th plays at 379 yards with a strip bunker to save wayward tee shots from a watery grave. Nothing much else to see here off the tee, just aim at the fat part of the fairway and swing away.
P1020614.JPG
Again, once you are ready to hit your approach you will see that Norman/Dye gave you a bit of a break before the two closing holes. There is one bunker left and one right, however they are far enough away from the putting surface that they should be considered visual features only.
P1020615.JPG

FY
Junkyard,

CG
FYI, I did a bit of digging last night. You can rent property within the complex, however to transfer a golf membership (to get playing privileges) you are looking at $1200. Some of the properties were going for $45K per month. Yes, it's nice but I'm not sure it's that nice:cool: That's a lot of golf and drinks elsewhere

FY

FYI, I did a bit of digging last night. You can rent property within the complex, however to transfer a golf membership (to get playing privileges) you are looking at $1200. Some of the properties were going for $45K per month. Yes, it's nice but I'm not sure it's that nice:cool: That's a lot of golf and drinks elsewhere

Thanks, Junkyard. It looks like it will be tough to play here. I maybe living my fantasy through your pics....which are awesome.

The 17th hole is a simple par 3 playing at 163 yards. Apparently it was such a simple hole I only took one picture of it LOL.
P1020620.JPG

Since I only had one picture for the 17th, and since I managed to win one of the grab bags I'm going to go ahead and post the home hole here as well. A mid-length par 4 at 355 yards, it features a water hazard that runs the length of the left side, a generous fairway and bunkering up the right side past the mid-way point.
P1020623.JPG
Once completed, the clubhouse will make an absolute stunning backdrop for the finishing hole. As you can see from this approach photo, the bunkering on the right side tends to push your focus towards the left side where the water awaits. If you maintain your laser-like focus it won't phase you - take dead aim at the pin.
P1020627.JPG

P1020630.JPG
I found a picture of the completed clubhouse, but I can't find it again so I will have to post it when I get home.

Back